Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
As a former reporter, I am having trouble understanding what King's point is supposed to be. Reporters serve the public, not their sources. There was nothing surreptitious, illegal, or unethical about a documentary filmmaker releasing footage of statements made in his presence. I also get a kick out of how he passes judgment on a contract he admits he's never seen. What a dolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Peter King posted:

"[T]he replacement officials have done an adequate job."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
In his pick for the Redskins game this week, Peter King referred to their quarterback as "BobGriff."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Shame on you, AOL.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
rec.sport.football.pro.jacksonville.coffee.local

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

I think he probably still goes to AOL to search.

AOL.com search "Google" enter "http://www.facebook.com"

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Rick Reilly has a column today about why it's better to watch an NFL game at home instead of attending live. Granted, this is just a gag list column, but it's still incredibly stupid. I attended my first NFL game earlier this year, and it completely changed the way I enjoy the game.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Looking at preseason predictions is always fun. At the beginning of the season, Peter King was predicting that the Chiefs would have the No. 3 AFC seed and had Romeo Crennel pegged for coach of the year.

Fake edit: In fact, three of SI's writers had Romeo as coach of the year. :psyduck:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Seifert has since edited the post to read: "Offensive pass interference calls aren't as rare as you might think. Through Week 14, officials had called a total of 72. Still, that's an avearge of about one for every three games this season."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sanchez press briefing.
Why that thin green hair band, Mark?
Anyone ask that?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Rap posted:

Welp Tebow is a little off topic and we're coming into prime lovely sportswriting season, so anybody got anything good on that front?

Yes, Tim Tebow and lovely sportswriting are truly polar opposites.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely no one calls Sixth Avenue the loving "Avenue of the Americas," I don't care what the street signs say.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"“Hey, cracker,” Delmas often says to Scheffler inside the Lions practice facility.

“How’s my n—–?” Scheffler replies.

Delmas is black. Scheffler is white."

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
"Plus the Jaguars spent a draft choice on Denard Robinson: If he ends up playing the "slash" role that might have gone to Tebow, Jacksonville management will have blundered anew."

Why would the Jaguars look bad if Denard works out? Wouldn't they only look bad if Denard does NOT fill the hole he thinks Tebow would have?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Chris Gaines posted:

What an unfortunate picture.

Yeah, death has only made John Peel smugger and gingerer.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad for all the legitimate nephews and nieces of Nintendo employees who just get called liars all the time.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What amazes me about the uncle at Nintendo thing was how many kids did it. We all have that story about the kid who said his uncle worked for Nintendo. There is something that just clicked in the popular consciousness that made it a spontaneous thing.

It's true. And yet, decades later, I've still never met anyone whose uncle worked at Sega.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

@RichSandomir: Jason Whitlock out as head of the Undefeated, replaced on interim basis by Leon Carter.Whitlock will stay at ESPN, mostly to write

lol

edit: in case you don't know why this is hilarious, here is a really long article on what a huge jackass he is:

http://deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

Great, great read. I had not followed this story at all, and this piece was fascinating. I can't stop laughing at the idea that Whitlock was so upset by the first article that he broke down and started binge watching 9/11 truther videos.

• Locked thread