Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Ominous Music Heard Throughout U.S. Sends Nation Into Panic

God Angrily Clarifies 'Don't Kill' Rule (from September 2001)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's the entire post-9/11 issue, by the way

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Romney to Travel Back In Time to Kill Liberal Versions of Himself is a very nice new one.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Wonder how much they paid someone to draw a naked child having sex

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Here's a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

There's just so much really great stuff in this, but personally I just love the little bits of changed language from the newscasters.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Last Chance posted:

I'm confused, have celebs stopped using the internet/social media? is it all just their agents/marketing firm bots doing it now?

do you really think celebrities have ever actually read the thousands of tweets mentioning them every minute

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I feel like it's worth mentioning for people who aren't up to date with day to day American politics that that image isn't an onion photoshop and he really did bite her finger

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

ultrafilter posted:

I can't find the article now but the writers for The Onion have specifically said that they regret not mocking Joe Biden earlier. I think that was even before he ran for president this time around, but I can't confirm that.

it was linked last page and in a quote on this page which is why there was discussion about it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1313624578887946240

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

yeah sorry I thought this all-time classic was easily recognizable

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the joke is that all the tweets the onion is saying twitter doesn't want you to see are on twitter and you can see them on twitter

the satire is that right wing people love to argue that they're being SILENCED despite having a dozen separate platforms that happily and constantly promote them saying that

it's not a very complex joke and certainly not deep satire but somehow you're taking it at face value instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mean if you would be against whatever they posted no matter what they posted that's a different story, just don't performatively misunderstand an article to try to have a weird justification instead of that entirely good justification