Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I always found the one liner/picture articles funniest. There was a fantastic one around the time the Arab Spring was in full flow that just said "Saudi-Arabian Royal Family say 'Just loving Try It'"

I miss B Smoove too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
The headline/picture combos have always been the best. There will always be a place in my heart for the one they did when the Arab revolutions were getting into swing, which featured a polite mustachioed gentleman in a headdress sat on a golden throne and the headline "Saudi Arabian Royal Family say: "Just loving Try It".

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Volume posted:

Not sure what The Onion is going for with this SLIDESHOW: The 9 Most SCANDALOUS Rihanna Photos!:confused:

It's probably an inside joke between the writers about they could just post no-effort poo poo like that and still get more page counts than the good stuff.

Who knows, the mind of the Onion is ineffable.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Over here in the UK we have the Onion-equivalent The Daily Mash. Instead of Sad Kevin we have two really angry Scottish blokes nailing the poo poo out of UK culture and swearing a lot. A lot. Mostly impenetrable to those not well-versed in Scottish slang or British politics, but when they're on they're on. A few of my favourites:

Large Breasted Women Get It All Their Own Way Again which could really have just been a headline.
Vatican Sticks With Nazi Theme
Arm Teachers, Say Unspeakable Pieces of poo poo
Britain poo poo Again

And I still get a snigger out of One Direction Can't Believe How Many Girls They're Fingering.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

poo poo, it's like they know us. Actually, Sad Kevin being a goon would make a lot of sense.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

I love this and it deserves better than coming out in the silence while we're still getting over that Winnie the fat Virgin article.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
The Pope pissed himself in petty revenge for me not allowing him to go to the bathroom and I was summarily thrown from the Vatican for crimes against the Church.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Someone with Twitter, please call it an "infested rot hobbit".

I am here for you friend

https://twitter.com/sleeprules/status/730589064529842176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Echo Chamber posted:

Looks like StarWipe really is dead. The Facebook page redirects to "The AV Newswire" now.

They wiped the twitter feed earlier today. Not deleted it, just cleaned it.