Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUT8ec24anM

The comedic timing on this one is impeccable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

poor and weird posted:

'I Spilled My Soda,' Report Nation's Dopes
(this one is my all time favorite)

Yeah this one is a winner.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Today Now! Host Undergoes Horrifically Painful Surgery Live On Air

The combination of the screaming, the mindless banter and the horrible medical CGI just gets me.

Jesus, this is haunting.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I don't know if the website has the TV Highlights section, but it's always loving hilarious. I'll transcribe from the most recent print edition:

quote:

AMC Roast of Matthew Weiner
(AMC) 9 p.m. EDT/ 8 p.m. CDT

The Mad Men creator is a sport for five minutes, but will be damned if he's going to sit there while the kid who plays Bobby Draper zings him.

Don't Trust the B----- In Apartment 23
(ABC) 9:30 p.m. EDT/8:30 p.m. CDT

Idealistic and trusting June has half her face torn off after ignoring her neighbors' advice and trying to make friends with the rabid, blood-mad baboon confined in apartment 23.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy loving poo poo, Onion.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I came to post this. The Onion's been doing a couple videos of late that are less news-based and more parody of TV and Youtube stuff. Sex House is a favorite of mine already, but it'd be wrong not to appreciate Lake Dredge Appraisal, where part of the video making process I think included recording the video on a fifteen year old VHS that used to have a TV-recorded edit of Star Wars on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTifcI4A0jM

I'm crying.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="406143628"]
Another one of their non-news video bits.

100 iPhones Found In Lake - Lake Dredge Appraisal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uPu6colaI&list=UUfAOh2t5DpxVrgS9NQKjC7A&index=2&feature=plcp

It's not incredibly funny, but it's worth it for the last bit.

gently caress yes, I'm so glad they did another one of these.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTifcI4A0jM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO27Um1ZFHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uPu6colaI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5D5MrN9Cg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHtqlj_u828

Words can't express how much I enjoy Lake Dredge Appraisal.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Brother Jonathan posted:

And then if you want to despair for humanity, read the entries for it at Literally Unbelievable: one, two, three, four, five, six, seven.

:stare:

Couldn't make it all the way through.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

See? The Onion was always dark as gently caress.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

New American Voices: Will.i.am To Debut New Song On Mars.

"It was nice of them to wait for Neil Armstrong to die before doing this."

The Onion can get as dark as they want, but I personally can't imagine anything much more depressing or inane then debuting a tepid pop song on a barren, lifeless planet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was going to post this one.

quote:

“Folks, I don’t want to be a pain here, but in mere hours we’re going to have hundreds—if not thousands—of screaming Hansel and Gretel fans lined up outside trying to see this film, and if we don’t have a body at every door then these people will, I poo poo you not, burst into the projection room and steal the movie itself right off the projector.”

Jesus loving christ :laffo:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Great concept, incredible last line.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh good lord.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

VIRAL VIDEO: High School Sophomore Sinks Incredible, Unnecessary Half-Court Shot

The acting loving catapults this story into the stratosphere of quality.

Holy gently caress, I'm dying.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

KFC Introduces New Boneless CEO

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Taylor Swift Now Dating Watertown Boat

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

Looks like someone had to fly spirit recently

FAA Report: Spirit Airlines Is The loving Worst

This seems like the sort of story that we wouldn't normally get from The Onion. There's no humor here, it's just a full page of bitching. It might as well be about waiting in line at the post office.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It really doesn't need to be said, especially not more than once, but those loving top comments make want to pull my intestines out.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This belongs in the top ten, good loving god they nailed it so hard.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I was super disappointed when The Onion seemed to go out of print in NYC (and possibly everywhere?) but I have to admit that they're really making the most of the digital medium here.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They used to be in paper boxes everywhere in NYC, but I haven't able to find a copy in over a year.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Our Dumb World is no poo poo one of the funniest books I've ever read. You can't find a book with a higher density of jokes per page.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Adolescent Girl Reaching Age Where She Starts Exploring Stepfather's Body

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every loving line is gold.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

TV Showdown Expected As ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Debuts Tonight Against HBO’s ‘Ichabod,’ TNT’s ‘Headless Horseman,’ Showtime’s ‘Cloaked Rider’

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

The followup part comes from the ongoing saga of Jerry trying to trick Lyndell.

Please tell me more.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ariong posted:

If only there were a thread about the onion which might have that info. I'm sure you wouldn't have to look far! :haw:

Yeah, dog, I can see those two articles. I wanted to know how extensive the Jerry poo poo Saga has been, and I thought this thread about the Onion would be a pretty good place to ask.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Clickhole is really funny.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Clickhole is the poo poo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Looool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Are You A Dog Person Or An Ant Person?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

that was good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sramaker posted:

I watch or read or listen to other stuff, i just avoided news since i tend to feel down after listening to it foor a while

You're a gift.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well and truely hosed up. I salute the shadowbrains that wrote these dark tales..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Starwipe sucks.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

hello, Starwipe

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The MSJ posted:

"Wow, you’re pretty loving annoying about your appreciation for Benedict Cumberbatch. However, you are not as loving annoying as some other people, which means Benedict Cumberbatch is never going to notice you. Better draw some unsettlingly sexual fan art."

Yikes its really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

They put all the dumb Onion writers on the Starwipe team, and the smartest go on the Clickhole team, and the people that are left over are depressed and stay at The Onion to write the articles about school shootings and such.