Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I decided to restart my Shadowknight, Xantarr, on Luclin while I wait for Vildeor to get out of Test Limbo.

If you are making a new character you can either pay the buy 1500 station cash to get the race/class you want for one slot and still have 450SC left over or buy one month of gold for 1499 SC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Sgt Froggy posted:

Are there any reasons to do LDON instances? When last I played those were vital leveling and gearing steps. And it seems that having mercs would make them obscenely easy to grind.

Yes low post count so feel free to haze as needed :)

No, up until the last year some classes had to do LDON's because they were the only way to get some important spells (or you could pay 100k in the bazaar if someone researched the spell).

The gear from them is outclassed by the defiant gear.

The only thing that really made them great back when they were current content was that instanced zones meant not having to deal with 80 other people kill stealing, training the zone line and generally being an rear end. You could grind an LDoN with 2 to 5 of your friends. EQ is a ghost town and even hotzones will have like 30 people in there at the max and the spawn rate is high enough to where 30 people can xp in a hot zone.

And mercs can't enter an instanced zone anyways.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Goldmund posted:

Is it still possible to bypass launchpad to get in the game? I remember that it used to be, but I don't recall how. Just got home with a stack of Station Cash cards, and now I can't get into the game.

I'm trying to find a way to download two more clients. So I can start three boxing. But I keep getting an error message saying that I cannot install into my documents folder and I can't change the directory.

Tried running installer as an administrator and tried changing all my folders off of read only. Looks like Sony doesn't want that $45/mo.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

jetz0r posted:

You don't need to install any more clients or anything. Can multibox out of one installation directory.

Unless you're actually installing on 3 computers, in which case the patcher is currently hosed.

Nope, just running it all off the lovely laptop. And it works.

I'm thinking of just saying gently caress it and transferring Vild from back in 2006 or so when I quit the last time. It's not like it will be hard to get the 10 levels and 1,000 AA I had gotten on Test playing off and on for the last year.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Dizz posted:

Hmm I thought there was an item you could use to change the class of your character. that kind of sucks becuase my Beastlord as all these no trade things like adventure potions and nimbus cloud that I kinda don't want rotting here.

You might be thinking of Spirit Shrouds which were introduced 6 years ago as a way to lower your level and change your class so you can group with friends that are lower level.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I took advantage of the triple station cash yesterday and bought a transfer for Vildeor from Rathe to Luclin. So the guild now has another shaman, but I'm so far behind as I haven't played her since 2006.

Looks like I will duo box wizard and shaman because I don't feel like paying money to unlock my monk on the silver account, and not having access to gate is annoying me.

-I did notice that I had some good weight reduction packs on all my toons on Rathe which I transfered with Vildeor. I also have some pre-Alchemy revamp sow potions. Will these fetch anything in the bazaar?

-I currently have 309 in alchemy with my tradeskill trophy. I can make potions for the guild or with the 50 other boxed shaman we currently have will my filling the guild bank with clarity and damage shield potions annoy everyone?

-Is it legal to use third party programs like autofire to train skills? I was looking to train my spell casting skills while selling some of the things in my trader satchels in the bazaar.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Peechka posted:

Ruh-roh! Servers down...

What am I going to do...../bites fingernails nervously

And right when I was about to get into my first pubbie group too. Some dude was asking for slower/dps/healers in Direwind Cliffs. I sent him a tell asking if he wants a 75 Shaman. He asks back how much unbuffed mana and AA's I have.

And while I move from Steppes to Direwind he asks me like three times which merc I got. He didn't quite seem to gather that I am Free 2 Play, and my tank merc is poo poo.

It was looking like it was going to be a fun group!

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
IS there any good UI's to use on a laptop? My screen resolution is like only 1366x768, but everything I see on EQinterface is a minimum for 1650x1080.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
What about doing the 1.5? How doable are they for a 75 Shaman with 300 ish aa and a J1 merc?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Hoohah posted:

So I'm at the point that I can realistically do the 2.0 fights either on my own or with a bit of help, but I need to get 6 orbs from Anguish, which I'm pretty sure I can't six box yet. Anyone willing to help me blow up the 5 events necessary to get some orbs soonish?

I'd sort of like to have my hands on these things while they're still viable weapons and not just in bag clicks (sadly, Heartwood Blade went straight from fletching kit to make it to a bag where it's used as a click, and Prismatic Dragon Blade / Fatestealer weren't far behind, thanks to BlackBurrow revamp!) but really whenever anyone could help out would be nice, as the clicks are still golden even if I don't wear said weapon/shield!

I'd be more than willing to help since I am taking a break m grinding AA and hate grinding normal XP. I'll need some help on getting my Shaman 1.5 too, but I don't know if I want to finish my 1.0 yet. Can I come back later and do the 1.0 quests after getting my 2.0?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

Finally finished moving and I'm currently on Droid tether internet, but UVerse coming in the next week, so Kodaji and Co. will be back soon! AA XP boost patch sounds awesome for my bard and shaman, plus I'm all past burning out on that god forsaken MG sploit xp grind, so time to farm some more SS then head into VoA.

Who's still playing?

Vild is up to level 80, and Taygon is at 60. Going to work on getting Taygon caught up and getting epics and J5 Mercs for both characters.

Want to add a third, but I'll need more memory in my laptop.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

RCarr posted:

On test, I have an 85 monk with like 2.5k AA's, J5 merc, and raid gear from 2 or 3 expansions ago. I might actually play if some goons wanted to group up.

I was just thinking of attempting to three box on test to see how the new memory upgrades would help with my problem. I only have 3 gigs on my laptop and even using IS Boxer EQ was totally unusable.

I'd be on more trying to get my monk to catch up to Vild, but work and other things have popped up and my Gold membership expired today.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I was waiting for another double or triple SC promotion and three box for a month. Is the Test Server still Gold for everyone regardless of subscription level? I may just got back to the Test Server and 3 box anyways. Wasn't like I was in a group all that often.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I logged in Vild and Taygon yesterday and played around with Macroquest. I still haven't got the Shambot Macro quite working because I set up my spells differently than the macro from the forums and I needed Taygon to be 61 so his buffs would land on him.

So I started working on making a macro what would make Taygon stay in melee range and spam Flying Kick until things were dead. He's now finally at 61 and holy poo poo the combination of Cougar Landing on him and him not scratching his rear end if I tabbed out to Vildeor makes all the difference in the world in making this two box work!

I do have a question though will Macroquest work on the test server? I know on the official macroquest forums they say that the test server will change the offsets every few hours, but is Sony Still doing this?

Ideally, I'd like to just three box on Test for free until the servers go down because it's not like I was grouping that much in EQ anyways.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

veril posted:

Just a quick reminder -- EQ Test Server is also fully free to play, and you get all the expansions/etc.

It's also more deserted then the library during Spring Break.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

Pilsner posted:

After all the trouble you Test->Luclin people went through... :suicide:

Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to transfer over my level 85 Shaman with 1,000 AA.

Looks like I might just end up three boxing Shaman/SK/Mage on test. Too bad Macroquest doesn't work on test.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

RCarr posted:

Do any of you wealthy goons have some plat they can /testcopy over? I'm leveling a 3 box team, and it's hard to keep up with the spell costs. I would appreciate anything, thanks! (I'm Cheney in game)

I thought I saw you in general chat, and wanted to ask if you were a goon or one of the Test regulars I remembered from last year.

I'm in the same boat as well, and my two alts I'm leveling up into their 80's are still in the testbuff and ornate defiant gear.

I'm on as Vildeor/Xantarr/Smugatheist if you ever get bored.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

I'm not sure about hte FV thing, but once they did the mass-move from Test to live last summer, they made it so /testcopy from every live server that isn't FV copies with plat and nothing no-drop that wasn't already, so you can dupe tons of stuff like AoNs. I dunno how FV transfer works though. I currently have 17 million plat and 9 AoNs on Test :3: If the FV thing works, bring me a big care package of SK/monk raid gear :v:

Pillars raid starting on Test if anyone 90+ wants to come in the next 15 mins, we're porting up now!

My SK (Xantarr) and Mage (Smugatheist) box are both 72 right now. Should I go ahead and request the full set of HoT gear now for both or tray and finish out their defiant gear?

Vildeor is 85 and already has T1 or T2 HoT gear. Should I try and get the full set of T1 VoA gear yet?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

How many AA does your SK have? You can take them to 81 and still XP in PoFire, but any higher and if you don't have 1k-1500AA, you're gonna have a really bad time as an SK. I'll hang onto the HoT for both of em for sure :)

I'd wait on VoA, since you can't use it until 91

The SK has like 300 right now, the Mage at 100.

I bought a few things on the Luclin Server last knight and copied them.

Also, thanks to whoever sent me the parcels. I've got more dream motes, plat and Brellium than I know what to do with.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
Ok so yesterday I was three boxing trying to grind up to level 80 on my alts when the framerate drops from the usual 15 - 30 FPS to 1.

This is only happening in combat and at first happened on my Shadowknight, but quickly started happening to my shaman and mage. I'm using IS Boxer, and it's only in the last week or so I've had this problem.

Any ideas on what is going on or how to fix this?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I'm on Test, but only on weekends and I've been having really bad framerates when I threebox.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

RCarr posted:

Just come to Test guys, it's free.

When it's up.

I was going to get to level 80 this week on my alts, but everytime I log on in the past few days the server is down.

Also it looks like /testcopy doesn't work anymore for the time being so there goes trying to find a way to get my HoT armor for my alts.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

funzo2226 posted:

Test has been hosed up the past couple days. Other than this blip, it's been stable for the last 2 or 3 months.

Well it just seems like everytime I find a niche and this game becomes enjoyable something happens.

Whether it's a nerf to missions that were giving sweet xp, SC no longer being able to be used for subscriptions, etc.

I'm thinking that test will no probably cease to be Free to Play or they will close the loophole that will allow you to trade items that were testcopied.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
So now that /testcopy is working again. what is the best way to get a full set of Abtruse Armor for my level 80 Mage and Shadowknight?

Should I buy up Vanadium on a live server and wait for the drops to rot in Tier 1 zones? Can someone make them for me on Test or Live and send them to me?

Vildeor is level 86 with a j5 merc and 1,000 aa's when will my 3 box group be able to Handle HoT?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I'm on as Vildeor (87 Shaman), Xantarr (80 SK) and Smugathesit (80 Mage) just grinding out AA's in Beza and looking for a way to get Tier 1 HoT armor for my two alts.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

funzo2226 posted:

Everyone come to test, it's free. I literally have 5 accounts with one character each and can create more at anytime.

Everyone who is on test state your character name and guild name:

Funzoe (85 rogue) - <Tacgnol>
Riverrs (85 bard) - <Tacgnol>

We can start grouping together and killing poo poo.

Vildeor (87 Shaman)
Xantarr (80 SK)
Smugatheist (80 Mage)

I'm hardly ever on. I just bought a new computer with dual screen monitors and haven't had the time to set up IS Boxer.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
Well I bought this really nice dual monitor set up with an i5 quad core just so I can three box back in November, but I've been so busy I haven't even had time to set up my hotkeys. Vild, Xantarr and Smugatheist should be returning soon, and I'm glad there's a current goon rush as I still have yet to get my 2.0 or even finish my 1.5 and I'll need help.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
Hey I can't find any Abtruse Conjuredflame armor for my Mage anywhere on Test and I'm running low on plat. So if possible can anyone help me out and send Smugatheist a care package?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
Also can anyone send Smug Atheist (Level 80 Mage) some cash and a set of Abtruse Conjuredflame armor on Test?

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007

blackmage posted:

If you see me on as Zgrak, shoot me a tell. I can't help with the armour, but I can pass on some of the fortune that jetz0r sent to me.

Also, I'm keen to do the J5 merc quest, so if anyone is doing that anytime soon, I'd love to join in. I work/play stupid hours though, so I have a feeling it might be tricky.

Yeah, Smugathesit and Xantarr still need to do the J5 quest too. I'll try and be on tonight.

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I used the double XP weekend to get my mage and SK to 85, and was going to start using some of the plat I had on the live server to buy rustic wraps and /testcopy them over. It seems like my testcopy mules have all disappeared. Did SOE nerf test copy when I wasn't looking?

I was also looking to grind out some trade skills and lost all my tailoring stuff as well. Well can anyone set Smugatheist and Xantarr up with trade skill and rustic equipment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ante Christ
May 8, 2007
I had just got to 85 on my SK and ground out 2000 AA's when they made this announcement, but at least this will make it easier for the Bard I'm planning on adding to my 3 box to catch up.

Is anyone still copying tradeskill materials to test? A few months ago I know someone was making copies of all the things you'll need to get prayer shawls, and I was thinking of starting these soon.