Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Btw for those who weren't Online, we're looking to do Anguish sunday night at 8pm EST, 5PM PST, if anyone's interested (this is on Luclin-Stromm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

There have been a fair number of goons on the guild online recently in the Luclin server guild. Hell, I'll even twink your rear end out with ToV and VP loot if you're in your 60s cause I'm really weird and that's how i get my jollies. Also you should come be part of the One True EQ1 Goon Guild (F everyone that left for test!).

You got me a level and a half clearing out VP for loot. WOO.

Also, whoever plays Torp, Dorp, Jasc and the SK that let me leech like 175aa's last night, you're my heroes, and I really appreciate it.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Whoever plays Brio on Luclin-Stromm, I'm sorry dude, my connction cut out last night as you were stuffing your face full of pizza. I'll probably be on later tonight, but you never know.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I'll agree w/that, even though i AM a 1.5 holder. What makes me saddest about epic 2.0s though, is that there's not any -awesome- epics after 2.0. as soon as I hit 80 I'll have a ridiculously OP weapon that makes my 2.0 look like trash.... that I bought for 200 plat.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

ponzicar posted:

You need to buy VoA to do that.

Where do I go to buy VoA? I want to snatch that up but I don't see it on the station store ;(

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
if anyone's bored and 75+ today, we should do our j5 quests. (on luclin-stromm)

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I just did some quick and dirty research on Anguish, specifically in regards to Orb drops, and this is what I found out on the heels of earlier confusion tonight.

You do have to kill Ture and Warden Hanvar for one Orb, as we discovered.
Another Orb can be had by killing Keldovan the Harrier & Jelvan in tandem, but I remember nothing about these guys as I have not seen them in 6-8 months.
Arch Magus Vangl also drops one Orb, but can only be done after the previous 4 aforementioned bosses have gone down.
Finally, Overlord Mata Muram himself, who can only be done after Vangl, drops one Orb and sometimes two, apparently.

So, for those who were involved in our abridged raid tonight, that is how that works.

Ty for the orb guys, much appreciated.

Also, we did kill Keldovan first, so that's one half of those two.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Well, i guess all that money i wasted on Station Cash was stupid, i guess i'll move to test too, as Bizrip is one of my good pals that plays on Luclin. at least i can cancel gold.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

When are you going to get it through your thick skull that I hate you? Especially since you make me feel guilty for making a move that makes perfect sense given my play habits, financial situation, etc.

Firstly, I am not going to jump to Test for a little while. I want to see you finish your 2.0 now that you have your Globe, and I am going to stay on Luclin, double Test experience be damned, until I get Biz up to 1200 AA earned and spent, which I intend to do by 31 January. In fact, you may not want to jump at all. Winter term (where I teach 3 credits, 3 days a week as opposed to 11 credits/5 days in Fall & Spring) ends on 31 January and starting on 1 February I am going to be going hammer & tongs in full Spring mode, which means my play time will drop drastically. I won't be around very much and I do not want people to expect otherwise.

I would love it if all Luclin goons and indeed all goons game-wide would move to Test so that we could have a really vibrant community, but I do not want anyone to do that solely on my account as I won't be around that much from the beginning of February until the end of May at the soonest. That said, it makes little practical sense for me to stay on Luclin (the community is the only thing holding me there) and indeed it really makes no sense for anyone to stay on any Live server unless they have a lot of friends and/or are involved in a lot of high-end raiding.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and I'm not trying to make you feel guilty for it at all you twat. Jumping to test makes sense, saves cash, and might be a fun trip, if I hate it, I just go back to my toon on Luclin and call it a day :P

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

Just wanted to chime in and ask/brag about this fucker http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=16603

Every other raid mob in the zone is quite easy by comparison, including the queen, but this assmaster is a real bitch for my 3 man crew of levels 86-87 with j5 mercs. After about 5 wipes I finally figured out that the trick to him, as if you let the AEs spawn they are pretty much unresistable and pulse damage out for a long, long time.

Anyone else ever tried him? I always see him up even if no other named are in the zone, now i know why.

At least "we" killed him, aka I died before the engage and you killed him haha.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Testcopy is working again, but due to some time warp when testing copying, I didn't send over much/any plat.
And you still can't send plat to offline players. Is there someone who's online all the time I can just send large amounts of plat to for distribution to the rest of you?

SEND IN GAME EMAIL TO XEGONY.ILLA WITH DETAILS ON WHAT YOU WANT. I sent stuff to the 3 of you who did that.

If you get random items with lovely stats, they're probably tribute trash, so try giving them to the tribute vendor and see what the offer is.

Hey man, sorry about earlier, went to shower and saw you sent me a message I think!

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

You have a pile of stuff on test now.

I was testing if crossserver tells worked fine for non-test servers, and they do.

Thanks man! that's awesome of you. I really appreciate it :D

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

So is there a guild or something on test to join? Any help would be cool. Only character on test is Kutz. Never got around to boxing other characters up to his level but may just start a new group on test due to the bonus xp.

There is one that was just created. <Mistakes Were Made>, Look for anyone tagged, they're all officers atm.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Jetz0r made my wildest dreams come true on test, and I didn't even have to give him sexual favors.

Thanks dude, all that stuff really helps, and I enjoy turning myself into a skele, 14 slotters and the tradeskill bags make looting a lot easier.

As for my previous post about Mistakes Were Made, we disbanded that guild, and will be joining the other goon guild on the server <The Roost gave me Harpies> (we didn't know you existed, oops, maybe the OP can add that guild name to the OP?)

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Even though jetz0r loaded me up with plat and fun rare clickies, is there anyone that happens to have a set of the rogue visible abstruse set? I'm one level from 80, and even though there's a few pieces here and there on the baz, i didn't see any for rogues.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jan 18, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Freeze_Dried_Chives posted:

Started playing this again on Test with my girlfriend a week ago. I played from launch until LDoN came out, and a short stint on P99. She has never played before. We are running a Beastlord/Bard duo and it is working pretty well.

We are both 51 now and trying to get some better gear since we still have most of the same crap we had at level 15 and stuff is getting harder to kill now with lovely weapons. Any suggestions on weapons for us about that level we can go and get ourselves? Someone in passing gave me a clicky lute that turns me into a werewolf and it is pretty badass, other stuff like that would be cool to go get too.

We are trying to do out epic 1.0 quests at the moment, at least as much of them as we can right now. For mine (Bard) I have gotten everything done solo except the scales from Vox/Naggy and the thing I need to get from Trak. We have tried to kill Vox a few times, but always die when we get her around 5%. Never been able to catch Naggy up. For hers we have been trying for days to find any of the scouts we need to spawn the elemental dudes. No luck yet though.

It is really awesome playing this game again, I forgot how much drat fun it is. Merc are amazing, never used them before. I have been having a blast revisiting old places (We leveled to 51 all in the old world) and showing the game off. Though it is kind of sad that after all these years I can still find my way around the old world by heart.

Is there a server wide chat channel for Test goons? Or a guild? I haven't been keeping up with the thread very much. My name is Misterboots if anyone wants to invite me to anything.

Also man, defiant gear for your level Is great, and is the goto sets of gear until 80. For non-visible you can buy on the bazaar, or do the zone based quests in the /ach menu under heroes journey for earrings/rings/belts.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

I asked someone in-game, but he is feeling a bit wonky, so I thought that I would ask someone here: Is there any kind soul who would be willing to do a tiny Smithing project for me? I just need 2 Steel Boning to do the last phase of the quest for the Innoruuk Shaman snare necklace, and I am rather short on play time right now and don't have a skilled smith (only 37 trivial, but still) in my roster.

If anyone could whip up a couple of those and post them to Nylander on Test, that would be grand.

Wonky or not I made and sent you 7 of them for overkill man.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

I'm sure there's a long list for these but I would love them on my rogue integ, he's getting nice and close to 85 :)

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Comfortador posted:

How are Beastlords these days? I never played one and was getting an itch. I also have a Shaman, Mage, and Cleric around 60, and a 70 SK. Is there any "oh my god we need one of those" there? Of all of those which is the best to play these days? ( I figure SK still is, but I may want to play something else)

I would guess a healer type, because most people don't play them, because mercs.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Also, I testcopied my Warrior over, hes 57 or 58, but the key thing is he has a Pegasus Feather Cloak available for MQage. I was gonna level him, but any mages that haven't gotten, or want to get their 1.0, I have that bottleneck open on test, and i can keep testcopying it over before i start to level him up.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Flarestar posted:

OK, so I now have transferring over any time I do a /testcopy:

For 80+ folks:

Dagger of Rotting Flesh
Brutal Enforcer
Hammer of Greatness
Ring of the Fearborn
Eclipse
Most of a full set of Terror Infused armor (the HoT T1 equivalent all/all armor, min-lev 80). This stuff.
A full set of HoT dream fragments for rank II spells.

For 85+ folks:
A full set of Rustic wraps (VoA T1 armor). Also transferring the armor pieces for plate if you can wear that, otherwise let me know which you need and I'll copy that instead.
A full set of VoA cantrips for rank II spells.
Steelcore Dagger
Darksteel Band of the Turncoat
Heartwood Bow
VoA-strength power sources for armor.

For lowbies not being PL'd:
The Horn of Hsagra

Things that I can unlock for transfer - these require me to use Loyalty crowns to purchase unattuners. I have no problem doing this, just don't want to waste them if no one actually wants the items.

Sliver of the Shieldbearer's Shield

PM me if you want any of this stuff - first come first serve.

/drool, my rogue is nearing 85, and honestly all of the above for 85+ and including the Sliver of the Shieldbearer's Shield would be loving awesome. integ is my rogue's name. <3

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I've been spending the plat I have on live to snag a few of the non-visible pieces of VoA gear and a few weapons I find on the semi-cheap. Sadly I'm at work and Alla is blocked, so no links.

But I have the Steel-Woven Band, and another, which name I can't remember.

An 85 1h Piercer, the Backripper copied over, and I can copy that a few more times.

I also recently copied over a non-attuned Sliver of the Shieldbreaker's Shield, Flarestar, so you don't have to use crowns to unattune it, I can just copy mine over for anyone else who wants it.

Are there any request for stuff to buy? Sadly, most of the lvl 85 droppables are fairly expensive around 15-20k a pop, so I might not get it right away, but if i see it for under 5k i'll snap it up for copies later.

Those of you guys who wanted an MQ of the Pegasus Feather Cloak I have on my warrior copied over, can you possibly send me an in-game mail to my character Integ on test? If i'm on, he's who I'm on most. I just need to know when you're at that part, and I can park him at the quest mob on live to do fresh copies directly to there.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

MrTheDevious posted:

The last group mission being a scaled-down raid is probably the coolest idea EQ's had in forever.

Regarding lots-of-people raid sizes -- it's always been that way in EQ and hopefully always will, or it's going to piss off a whole lot of people who suddenly get benched or put on the lovely B teams. It's not any harder for a top tier raid guild in EQ to field 54 than it is for a top tier WoW guild to field 25, as guilds recruit with raid size numbers in mind. Plus bigass raids are fun as hell. The place where it sucks is for the feeder guilds who are generally composed of 80% idiots who get carried by 2 groups of extremely solid raiders. Those solid raiders eventually migrate up and out of the feeder guild into a high end guild as they become geared for them, so the middle guilds are in perpetual mediocrity due to hemorrhaging all the best members and retaining only the shitlords.

The good part about the goon guild is that nearly all of us 90+ are not shitlords and have EQ raid experience, so we can carry you shitlords through older content :colbert:

I was talking about raids for a while with Illa last night and I agree with Flare - we should start with DoDH. Not only can we clear the entire expansion with a group or two, but Demiplane is probably the single most unique/weird/fun raid ever put into the game. A couple of the encounters are also hand built to show an entire raid just who the shitlords are with massive :siren:s and name calling, which is perfect for goon raids. I vote whenever we feel like screwing around in raids, we act sorta like a progression guild starting at DoDH and clear as many things as we can each expansion until we peter out somewhere in UF or HoT

How about us mid 80s goons that are trying to not be shitlords and get to 90+ soon? I'm interested in the older raiding, although most of my EQ raid experience comes from classic raids and racing for Trakanon/VS/etc. etc.

Edit: I'm an idiot and missed the part where it said "carry us through" :hurr:

iNteg fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 29, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

JustJeff88 posted:

My Enchanter 1.0 is going remarkably well, to a point that it almost scares me, especially after I caught the Wraith of a Shissar up in Fear when the plane was almost entirely empty this morning.

The bit in the Hole I can handle myself (assuming that the nonstop exp farmers down there don't constantly kill the epic mob) as well as the Chardok run. The Hate bit is really just me versus the RNG, but I do have one small favour to ask for the Cabilis portion: I do not have a high-level Iksar and my enchanter + merc cannot solo the mob alone, so I would be much obliged if one 80+ Iksar (any class) could help me kill Vessel Drozlin sometime within the next few days. My gnome chanter worships Bertox, which has helped me in a lot of "evil" places (while rendering me KoS in Firiona Vie exile camp and probably Felwithe later as well), but even with illusions and faction spells I am not sure how I will be perceived in Cabilis. I am hoping that with a combination of illusions, Collaboration, and invisiblity that a high-level Iksar can help me ice this twit and be on my way.

You really don't need an Iksar to get there. Invis should get you to vessel no problem, and anyone else that goes with you to kill him. You could easily box kaverin or Bizrip down to there and smoke him.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

If you wouldn't mind sending one to Kavinsky I'd appreciate it, leveling up a character without any boxed accounts to help so anything is appreciated.

Also could someone explain how you're supposed to be test copying the XP potions? I assume it's the gift of legacies lost thing, so are you supposed to make a live character, redeem it, test copy, then delete that character and remake him with the same name, test copy, over and over?

Any Test copies done overwrite the currect character on test, so you can just copy over and over again. No deleting required.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm not trying to scare anyone away, but Sony is within their rights to do it if they chose to.

I don't expect they would...but you never know.

Last time that they did, they let people xfer off test. IIRC

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Err Meepit, if you check this today, it seems my client crashed sometime in the night after we passed out, if you're dead i am sincerely sorry. lol

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Creative Bicycle posted:

And my computer auto rebooted after doing windows updates apparently, lost 89 on xrec and meepit hahaha. I think our spot is cursed for overnight afking. Oh, they apparently left no corpses behind, either; I guess they were dead but still online for too long.

Hahahhahaha no corpse for me either? drat, i hope I didn't lose too much, i was like 35% into the level when i went to sleep.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Devor posted:

Sorry, if there's no immaculate silk templates on the bazaar, you're out of luck. I did see someone had like 6 or 7 full sets up for sale a while back, but as a rule I don't buy out people's bazaar vendors just because I can. I leave it for people who actively need it.

You can also check your Live server's bazaar and copy over the templates.

Also, is there an easy way to re-run LDoN dungeons? I'm farming up that dodge augment in Everfrost Peaks, and it's a longass run full of corners to get stuck on back to the entrance after I kill the boss.

if you have an alt I think you can just park it there, can't you?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
Oh you have to run back to get the points? i thought it auto completed and you got the points, like a Task add, you park an alt at the person that gives the task out, complete it, exit, and have the alt get a new task. I know that when there was a long run that's what a few people would do for things like lost gnomes.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Vomik posted:

He's talking about the exit part. It auto completed and he's in the instance but doesn't know how to leave it quickly besides gating.

Oh I'm an idiot.

Does any succor type spells work?

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I snagged a pic of this from when we finally finished this mission about 3 hours after we started it. It was absolutely insane. I honestly think it was the first non-boxed group i've been in in awhile. We started with 6, lost 2 throughout the adventure, but man, I had a drat riot.

The best part is, we started with a T3 VoA mission in Sarith, and then went to this T2 mission in Valley of Lunaryn which was decidedly harder. Thanks, Obama.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Sarith is T2, and if the other mission was Rebel Assault, it was the easiest mission in the expansion. An FD class can solo it cause the NPCs do all the work.

But yeah, the imp mission in Valley is a huge pain. But it's far from the worst VoA group mission. Wait till you hit the T3 and T4 ones based on the raids.

Edit: You gain 20 Ability Points.
I would love to see that again :(

poo poo. I thought Sarith was T3? Maybe I didnt get one of my T3 pieces from there... Nah it was the one where we attack the High Priest and then act out Jaws 1, 2, and 3 in quick succession.

Also, I wonder if I can solo rebel assault... I think I need to try it and just stay stealth the entire time. GIMMIE DAT LOOT.

P.S. Does anyone else have any Valiant Chain ornaments they might have snagged from any missions? I love the look of that armor, and I've only found the boots so far.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 19, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

Anyone have a spoon from Cazel for enchanter epic they can copy and send to Kavinsky?

Next time i copy stuff over or if i'm in that area on test, i'll see if Cazel is up and murder his face for you.

Edit: And to whoever stole thousands of dream motes from the Gbank on more than one occasion?

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you he doesn't have money. But what he does have are a very particular set of skills; skills he has acquired over a very long career. Skills that make him a nightmare for people like you. If you put his dream motes back now, that'll be the end of it. Tappalai will not look for you, Tappalai will not pursue you. But if you don't, Tappalai will look for you, Tappalai will find you, and Tappalai will kill you.

poo poo like this is why we can't have nice things.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Feb 20, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

acumen posted:

I took some glowing reis stuff and a couple other things to outfit my monk and bard who just hit 85, I hope I didn't do something wrong.

Nah man, I was paranoid about that too, but every time I get paranoid about taking something I can and am actually using for my level, I get told don't sweat it. The officers even said they're still giving it out, but you have to go through the extra step of talking to them first. I feel bad for them for having to spend time to do that, it's a load of poo poo that they have to treat us like children. All the effort they put in to copy stuff over for us to use is being exploited by someone, and because there's no log of deposits/withdraws, they can't track who's robbing the poo poo outta the gbank.

I just wanna give a huge thanks to everyone who's copied stuff over for all of us recent newcomers and new-levelers on test. You guys have been super great to all of us newcomers. I'm sorry that one rotten rear end egg is spoiling the gbank, and is making you cool bros do all that extra work, but some of us really do appreciate all the poo poo you guys have done/are doing for us.

iNteg fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Feb 20, 2013

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

So cool, all the bags I put in the guild bank were taken within 30 minutes and only 4 unique people were online, despite my enchanter not being able to take anything out, and now there's two on the AH despite me being the only one who's sold them in the last week (I was the guy selling them for 1 mil) so it had to be an officer.

I'm done. Anybody who wants something directly send me a tell.

Really? IMO witch hunt is on.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

Sent 3 to Syphir

I'd like to do a request for some sexy 28 slotters. Integ is my main toon.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Is there some way for me to do this? I added my alt to the guild and wanted to put the note in but couldn't figure out how.

IIRC the people able to add notes are the officers.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

It helps in what I was thinking, I didn't mean it was a deterrent to any loot nonsense, I meant it in a way that there are multiple people in the guild who come on looking for groups and ask in guildchat and are ignored but there's 10+ people on who are actually just 2-3 people, or getting people asking if so and so is on in any form, etc.

It's not some registry of people to prevent theft, I guess I just made it sound like that because I was just bitching about that previously. Just an easier way of knowing who you're talking to / who's really online.

Integ your backpacks are about to be sent. Takes me like an hour to copy them all with one original ughhhh

my effing hero. thanks man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Hollow Hills posted:

I took all the tunics for characters I Pl'd then deleted, sorry.

You're sure you didn't take them and sell them on the Baz?!? Hmmm?!??