Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Midnight City posted:

Yep, I've been swarming Rathe Council chambers nonstop since it started, only slept twice for 4 hours each time since it began

That sounds like the opposite of fun. :crossarms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Everyone always suggests RSS for that level range and I just have to pipe in and say that that zone gave me horrible experience, both per kill and over time. I would suggest Direwind camping the griffons near the Druid rings. (I think it's called Direwind, the zone you go through to get to ashen gate. )

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

darkhand posted:

Direwind was pretty silly for me. The big encampment near ashengate you can round up dozens of mobs and merc tank them(I had j5 if that makes a difference). I used rogue assassinate to kill them all but I think even if you AOE or kill them one by one it's pretty fast.

This is the best spot in the zone for xp, but it's also the hardest if you are on the lower end of the level spectrum as it is hard to pull less than 5 mobs.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Midnight City posted:

There's a named in Grounds (Biunahde) that drops Treant Refuse, 32ac 6 HSta 50hp that can be put in your shield.

He's easy like almost every HoT named, one character discing will kill him in 10-15s

If he made heroic characters he should just do the lower house and feerot quest lines to get those Augs for his characters. You'll get a 30ac aug with hp for every slot, often having heroic dex, and your shield aug will be 35ac. gently caress camping. The non tank Augs are good too but I couldn't be bothered to finish the loot items tasks with multiple characters.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
SMR is pretty rare but yaks always seem to drop like candy. Anyways I used sola for my cash cow, from leveling my 3-box crew from 22-32 I've fully outfitted my warrior with crafted and 2 yaks, and heavily geared my enchanter and Druid. I have 2k in cash and 10 Kronos leftover from the profits. That zone is just so good for cash as even most of the common drops sell very quickly in the 200 range, and some of the rares can go for 1500+ (I traded a pair of imp skin gloves for 2 Kronos)

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Splitpaw should be pretty awesome for those levels. Especially for aa grinding. Sit just outside of the paw shaped room in an alcove and pull everything.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

darkhand posted:

You should goto tosk from the void, or goto an underfoot zone(underquarry, pellucid grotto), or hit house of Thule

If he got wrecked in the bloodfields those zones would rape him.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Baconroll posted:

Oh Phinny I'm having a lot of fun single grouping the mini-named in Anguish. No complex mechanics but you do need a very solid tank and a healer (or 2) who are quick on the mark as even with defensive the damage can be very spikey.

Getting a 150hp aug without paying any dkp is very nice !

I really don't know whether any SK or Pally could currently single group tank these reliably - maybe with 3 spam healers.

The minis really have quite low HPs so you don't need a lot of dps.

What's the lockout time if you get the instance just for he mini named? Does it matter if you are on loot lockout from all the raid targets?

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Lady nev was the worst. I think our first fight was over an hour. Some tips for her are if you sit down right before her ae goes off you can stand up and continue to dps without the spin. Rangers can also stand waaaaaay back down the hallway out of range of the ae and plink arrows at her too.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Dennis McClaren posted:

That was very helpful, thank you.

I went with a Druid, because I think it will give me a nice mix of the things I want to do. Travel easy, heal myself, do a little damage, and occasionally get a group. Ports, SoW, invis will be nice to level with. I always wanted to play one originally, they look like a lot of fun. Anything I should know about them on a TLP?

Also, in general, is there a good site or forums to go and research your class on?

You said that you didn’t want to play a healing class again but then picked Druid so I’m confused.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
A lot of people like to poop on druids but they are still a great class. My box is a Druid, and he can heal for days and still sit at full mana. The only thing that druids are lacking right now is group heals, but you do have 2 AAs to help with that. Granted my box Druid is better geared than some of the mains in my guild b/c he’s the only super active Druid.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
That Phinny progress website only updates your guild if you send them info, so there are more guilds than listed there who still clear all the content in era.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Druid is a strong box for a beastlord and that’s about it. Very strong combo though.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

blatman posted:

Hey, I'm thinking of selling a krono to twink a guy on Mangler but I usually only get to play in the early morning and when I ran to EC to look for stuff there was nobody there, is EC the right zone and is there a decent population of weird-hours people?

Make sure you are in the base pick of EC, there are people there at all hours of the day. Type /pick when in the zone to check. If you are level one it usually sticks you in overflow EC when you zone in.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
As long as the heroic character quests are still in it should be ok. They give you a set of good enough augs.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

Tehran 1979 posted:

They aren't, unless it's been changed since I last read it. You're going to have to do the SoD merc unlocking too as the easy one in HoT Dream wasn't added until COTF.

Wow this server sounds terrible.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

blatman posted:

what's GoD like on TLP servers? I have extremely bad memories of that expansion from when it was current and I figure they've got to have culled the bullshit by now

GoD through DoDH on Phinny was the most fun I’ve ever had playing EQ. Pretty much every xpac after ldon is awesome. Prophecy of Ro and the buried sea Can go gently caress off though.

r0rb fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 29, 2020

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Using the expansion ticket seems to treat your character as not being on a TLP until you zone. When a friend gave me one a month or so ago and I used it I gained two extra inventory slots and thought it was neat, then I zoned and they went away and I was sad. It seems that they make a ton of corpses then get leveled back up, use the expansion ticket, then use expedient recovery vet reward (which they have because the xpac ticket until they zone) they get all the xp back and pass max TLP level letting them spend AA on out of era stuff until they zone.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Eventually, you need a 2HB when you speed focus because you attack too fast with dual wield and the game just skips your flurries. I forget around when this starts to happen. Also as other people have said, 2hb usually go a lot cheaper than trying to get 2 top tier mnk/bst one handers, and the DPS is not that much lower when not burning (it's also higher when you are tanking out fo raid cuz riposte). This is assuming you get one of the higher ratioed mnk/bst 2HB and not one of the 2HB usabable by all the 2h classes.

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012
Cleric healing is untouchable, and the personal DPS is similar, but people play shaman in the group game because the heals are good enough and the ADPS from a shaman is very strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

PyRosflam posted:

Its on my watchlist. I am waiting for the rule set like most people for sure. My hope is they bring back the dedicated GM, When the 20th server came out having a dedicated GM eat the bot armies helped a ton from getting blocked on so many items that are basicly force sold for Krono (Jboots, Efreeti Boots, etc). The world in classic is small enough that bots and normal people are non stop fighting for the same pulls and few well known cash farms that even an intern can quickly figure out whats going on.

What do you mean force sold for krono? Krono is just plat my man. Buy some from another player for plat, and trade the krono for the item that is "being force sold for krono", there you just paid plat for it like you wanted in the first place.

It's immune to inflation too so you should always be turning your plat into krono, and just sell a krono if you ever need plat.