Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
There will be enough of everything for the first month or two of Agnarr, so play whatever you fancy. If you're worried about not finding a group because of an overpopulated classes.. form your own group. It's surprisingly easy to put 6 together with minimal effort. I'll be doing that as an enchanter because gently caress it, I want to have an enchanter.

MrTheDevious posted:

and UGGG gently caress this game :suicide:
:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

DerekSmartymans posted:

How come I cannot loot anything by right clicking? Lost a Kedge Robe the Coercer was dressed up in because of that. Got four plat when she died, bit the robe rotted .

You didn't lose a robe if it didn't show up in the loot window. If there is nothing new that dropped (items already met your rules of Always need / greed / never) or just coin, you'll see the items in the log. If you leave an item on the corpse, it also calls that out individually.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Anyone on Agnarr in a chill raiding guild? Want to be able to log in, put groups together to farm / exp, find a pickup raid, or something that doesn't mandate 8 hour raid days every week. Set schedules would be fine, but tight attendance requirements might be ignored in favor of other activities. I've been leveling a bunch of alts with a RL friend, but we're starting to want to play around in PoF/H/S and get a few dragon kills before Kunark unlocks.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

FranktheBank posted:

I joined What the Guk.

Same to the reasons behind joining, and that is an extremely understanding attendance policy indeed. Thanks! I'll check them out sometime once we're fully set to app.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

The minotaur / raster camp is good experience around late 30s I think? From there the castle / king are great. Live side stuff isn't as often camped except for the Crusader.

The trick to getting a camp on dead side seems to be having ivu, or a stash of pots. I've gotten a surprisingly high number of camps for solo / exp groups just because I can explore the zone without asking for a CC. Main pick has open AM / Frenzied more often than most people realize, or a single group stretching to pull it all, and slacking on the timer just enough to sneak in and claim it. Also helps not announce to the rest of the zone where they could be grabbing more mobs from. I've been in a few mainpick groups where we held frenzied and hamlord without anyone even coming down to check if we had bodies in each room.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Only the fairy illusion of the two is currently available for Agnarr, though (regal vampire, siren sorc, fallen knight, forest fairy, only ones currently listed in marketplace when on agnarr). I picked the Fairy illusion up for my cleric this morning and having 6hr levitate is pretty nice for 500 and some change funbux.

FrankTheBank are you the Frank that I constantly run into on Agnarr?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Depends on what your definition of behind is. Did you *need/want* a DE Guise? Too late. Did you want to exp and level in Kunark -> Velious zones? Perfect time.

If raiding is your thing, there is always the next expansion unlock to grind current expansion gear for. Lots of people are leveling alts after they get their raiding mains to 60. It's a very active server.

Also the best part about EQ (imo) is the leveling experience, and doing camps with some friends for RNG chances. You don't need to be bleeding edge for that, and if you do plan to play 10+ hour days, there are guilds for you that would love to put you on trial i'm sure.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 8, 2017

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Krazuel posted:

Looks like someone worked around whatever the MQ2 dev changed so that MQ2 wouldn't work on progression servers.

https://vimeo.com/232471057

Looks like Nizzarr and the rest of his r99 band of bads are still at it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgnarrFlames/comments/6y7ral/trucidation_filmed_warping_on_sonh_key_part/ This is too funny.

quote:

I thought it would be funny to start dropping foraged items near people camping the SoNH ground spawn to see if they'd snag them. I did this, and noticed the items almost immediately disappeared (and didn't get re-dropped). So I started doing it further and further away from the ground spawn location - well out of click range I - and it still happened. So I went event further away, and to my amazment, not only did the dropped item disappear, but I summoned three FD Trucidation members (Pudds, Gunnie, and Oldmans)!

I also promise you that a lot of those unresponsive mages taking camps are bots / scripted / or remote controlled. Agnarr is not the safe from exploits server people like to think, those EQ servers do not exist unfortunately. I don't mean to deter from Agnarr, but if you see weird poo poo, film it and petition it. Especially if it is from a widely known-to-exploit-everything-possible guild like <Trudciation> (at least widely known from red 99 players..!)

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 13, 2017

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Not sure what you mean, my High Elf that I race changed to a Dark Elf wasn't KOS to Neriak?

If it gets you friendly, but not high *enough* for that particular quest, just remember that Iksar is the master race and kurns is jokingly easy to farm bonechips in. e: now that you can turnin quest items in 100 stacks, 400 bonechips in a single turnin is possible, seriously cutting the tedious nature out.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 3, 2017

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

joem83 posted:

Greetings Traveler,
Allow me to clarify further; whatever amount of faction you have when you use the race change scroll will be unaffected. So however the Iksar con to you now, is how they will con to you after the change. The help on the Site is more directed towards player who try to circumvent bad conning by race changing. Does this answer your question?

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again and thank you for playing EverQuest!

Sincerely,
GM Dalgras
----------

:stonklol: Yeah that is 100% opposite from my personal experience, wow. That is scary sounding. Maybe find someone who did an Iksar race change and get their take on it? I know there were plenty of day1 50+ Lizards running around that couldn't have been KoS... that has to be dated information they're pulling from?

The -ONLY- faction issue I had was the Warrior guild in Neriak hates me, because I leveled in Crushbone (Indigo Brotherhood), which means I hosed myself on them (gently caress you, Guard Klan T'Jax). Everyone else was fine with me, and was previously KOS pre-race change.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 3, 2017

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

The best way I can make sense of it is that any faction gains (positive or negative) remain, however the default reaction to your, religion-> race -> class, do reset to match accordingly. Dumb of them to not be more aware of their own $25 transaction, simply putting "did you hunt x race? they will hate you, of course." to their FAQ would be helpful.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Seems like nerfing a pure quality of life item that require a ton of faction grind to earn (has been around since always?) is a pretty lovely idea.

I might make a bad decision and roll on the new server once, I've always wanted a rogue or necro. At the same time I wonder how bad of a time it would be to just 2box / duo with mercs through classic zones till I got bored on a live server with mercs. Leveling is really the best part of the game, and I always burn out of EQ raids real fast.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Where is Agnarr on the timeline for unlocks? I haven't touched my Chanter / Cleric there in forever but played through Kunark and almost finished my Cleric epic.

Do Enchanters get that AA for permanent charm pet sometime soon / when can I learn that? I couldn't continue committing near uninterruptible hours of leveling and raiding on the Enchanter with charm breaking on a RNG.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I just krono'd one of my accounts to check on a lot of the above. Saw quite a bit of lfg chatter for 20s, in the /lfg browser I saw a full group worth of teens, some lower levels.

Krono appears to be worth around 9k on the bazaar atm? I'm also looking to roll a new rogue, so I checked out weapons and those seemed to be largely affordable for what was listed. You could probably fully kit something out through 40s for 1-2 kr depending on your level of spoiled required.

If you don't have Krono of your own already, starting out is going to be like most other times. Rough until you find someone friendly to toss you a few starter pieces. True box is around, but you'll still occasionally find a boxer and in my past experience they were friendly. Cash camps are where the real shady poo poo happens so you won't have to deal with them for awhile.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Orty posted:

Worth getting into then for someone who just wants to roll a bard like they had in the old days? Probably wouldn't be messing with krono at all, and I know no one who is currently playing.

A Bard is 100% serviceable as the groups CC without gear required so is a really good choice to make fresh. Have someone get you a pair of Mistmoore drums & lute, and a centaur’s horn. Wouldn’t be surprised if someone in Bard chat had leftovers somewhere, even.

A weapon is useful but instruments and your CC (pet dps is CC) are way more valuable for bard leveling. Form groups yourself and don’t bring an enchanter with you has worked best for me in the past. Only time you’ll be taking damage is when ae men gets resisted or you slip up on charm timing / miss a note.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Orty posted:

Kind of the problem if I play bard. I usually end up as just buffing the group and putting out whatever meager melee dps I can. Never really had to pull or CC, both things I was terrible at. Other than sitting in groups twisting a bunch of songs to support while dpsing the only other thing I was good at was swarm kiting (not the AOE kind).

Why I was thinking of rogue as well, though its a bit more gear dependent and id miss the utility with bard.

A tl;dr to being the Best Bard There Ever Was would be like this:

-Don't have an enchanter in your group.
-Equip wind instrument, charm the second mob pulled into the room / whichever isn't being marked to tank first by puller (typically first in the room).
-Send charmed pet to attack first target
-AE Mez the third-fourth-fifth add
-Manasong tick w/ Lute (i think that improves it)
-Tab to your pet, put wind instrument on, re-charm
-Make pet attack
-AE Mez
-Murder next mob

You kind of run the show. decide which targets get killed (charm the one you want if multiple run into the room, quickly) because your AE mez isn't perfect and will be resisted (maxing wind instruments is extremely required at all times). I think Wind is the instrument for charm / mez, at least. It has been a few years since I played bard, but I CC'd all of MM, SolB, LGuk, etc back when I did. Also you get to refuse pulling as bard because of Manasong, so CC is really the only role left. I'll be honest I don't group bards that won't CC if we need it, that is a huge chunk of the class kit so I really recommend trying it out. Isn't too bad once you get the hand of having carpal tunnel!

You will want to make !stopcast macros (i dont think thats the right syntax) for your songs so you don't have to hit the same button twice to change songs as you can't reliably use Melody to CC with.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Well poo poo, no AE mez on bard absolutely throws that for a twist. Sorry last bard I leveled to 60 was on p99 where AE Mez either killed your group (red server) or made you a hero CC. Either way it was a winning button to press.

E: going off http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spelllist.html?name=&type=brd&level=2&opt=And+Higher&expansion=original&action=search you would get charm at level 27, up to level 37 mobs (so that’ll service you through MM -> UGUK ranges, could work for LGUK Bedroom / gargoyles) for zero mana cost.

Single target Mez at 15, Single mez at 28, Charm at 39 up to 51 (60mana cost, will drain you because bard mana regen was awful back in the day), mez at 40, and mez at 53.

No AE Mez in modern age bards really does suck won’t lie, but you can just add in more tab -> single mez -> tab single mez -> re-charm pet for the same workflow on my last post for successful CCing. Don’t underestimate the power of charmed pets while they are mana free for sure.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 19, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Okay the Bazaar is entirely new to me. I never played much of Velious back when it was originally released, and stopped playing on Agnarr for a break just before Velious. Luclin was completely missed as a result. I love the bazaar so much holy crap.

Fit out a rogue set for ~1kp. Last thing I need is an Iksar Hide Mask but those don't seem to be listed. Anyone happen to have one they'd be willing to loan or sell off? I know it's a simple farm cycle, but if someone has one collecting dust save me the hour of killing foragers in TT.

I'm going to be leveling up a rogue with a friend doing bst, we will be boxing our mains (cleric / druid) with them. I'll try to remember to post our names when we get started so others leveling can join in on the exp.

Also, how difficult is completing the spawned Fay encounter in TDeep these days? My friend's druid is literally the Fay fight away from having his epic complete, we're hoping to somehow put together a group of people to help that out. Do we pretty much need to find a guild still? We stopped logging in when our previous guild turned out to be massively incompetent at handling loot rules and consistently broke them for alts over mains so welp, we got passed over for both cleric and druid epic final fights!

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 20, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Cool. We're not even on the plot line of decked out, but sounds like if I make a few friends or recruit helpful people out of general it shouldn't be too scary. Thanks!

Now to farm yet another DE mask.. I thought I was done with these !!

e: oh hey! they finally fixed my broken racial Hide on my Enchanter! I race changed from High Elf -> DE for REASONS that made sense (i really wanted hide, gently caress farming a gob ring) but Hide was always broken and never had a successful use. Petitioned it and they said it was a bug and to submit a report. Turns out that worked! aaa I forgot it always shows ( ) around your name regardless of success. It is still broken.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 21, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Patch notes: - Fixed an issue where characters that had previously changed race did not have their innate skills updated to the expected values.

:aaaaa: maybe i can hide?! I expect no still.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Orty posted:

Started up on Agnarr with a bard. Thinking about maybe just doing rogue after all though. Asked around about if how I can play bard is at all what people would be ok with, and pretty much everyone said no. Some even getting really aggressive with it, telling me to just quit because I obviously suck at the class and the game isn't for me.

People seem to be REALLY insulted over the fact that I don't enjoy and kinda suck at pulling or CCing as bard. Even when I mention I would try to learn. Not sure if I touched a nerve with the "EVERYONE MUST PLAY PERFECTLY OR ELSE" Min/Max crowd or what.

Not sure what to do. I love bard but I don't want to go around being a sucky bard. Back when I used to play the group composition of my friends allowed me to just be support without having to worry about pulling or CCing much. Rogue would be fine to play and ive always wanted to. Just lack of the utility I am used to with a bard (selos), and the supposed difficulty in finding groups worries me.

I realize I probably provided you with the most aggressive toned answer in the thread, but honestly it’s just because playing that kind of Bard was my favorite EQ leveling experience. Also being I am a min/max kind of player to the point that I am *still* trying to convince myself it’s okay to do a Dwarf Rogue instead of Barb because, 13 strength isn’t THAT much these days. No idea where I’ll land on that still, and I already got the dwarf’s DE mask lastnight. It’s silly, but I hope I didn’t come off as one of the assholes from general. I’m at least trying to explain how you can get the practice to be good at it instead of just writing it off all the same.

Yes the EQ community is gonna have some pretty rough and loud opinions, thats kind of inherited territory with the game being as old as it is by now, people know the inside and outs of the game and don’t like wasting time, some irony here for sure. I never knew bards were expected to pull in this era, but every group seems to request a bard for pulling since I’ve been idling around in Nexus. Turns out their class kit was really well designed for that specific role, and the game still does run off a holy trinity design for MMOs. Can’t really look at the base offerings given in a class, and willfully ignore the role out of indifference. Another example would be a Paladin / SK ‘dps’. They’ll always be lovely DPS, but excellent tanks. Not their fault their kit was intended to be a Tank.

Bards fell into the category of support / jack of all trades / not best at anything in the old eras. Monks were always the pullers (Feign Death) when I played EQ, because Bards just sat at base pumping mana and regen so the group could keep chain pulling. Bards had a leg up on Druids (mana song stacking with Clarity), but those two classes are extremely defined by player knowledge and skill, I’d argue more so than any other EQ class. The class is given so many options you need to be able to utilize them all to optimize it.

It definitely looks like they retooled the Bard with AAs / new songs to pull with from my understanding, which means my old ‘nah i have mana song up I’m not pulling,’ excuse is bogus and if I rolled a bard, I’d do it knowing I would be pulling at least 50% of the time now. So if you absolutely don’t want to CC, or Pull, I honestly don’t recommend you play a bard. It’s not fun joining a group and having to be replaced after 5-6 pulls because you either refuse to, or cannot do the function the group expected you to perform before recruiting you. Unless you’re in a pre-made or grouping with friends, classes are expected to do their intended / asked role or keep looking for a compatible group.

Again all of this should be taken with a grain of salt. I am the kind of person that would feel bad about, but follow through with kicking you from my group if it turns out you refused to do the role I assumed you knew how to do. I’m definitely more of the nicer variety of that, and would make sure BEFORE you wasted the effort that we were on the same page, but I can’t say the same for others. I’ve taught many bards I recruited out of lfg how to CC to my liking, it isn’t that hard, honestly.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Orty posted:

worried ill end up being terrible at it still and have wasted time I could have spent on a much simpler class.

This. Plenty of other jobs (all the INT casters except enchanter (holy poo poo please don’t make an enchanter I don’t even want to yell at you for refusing to charm as an enchanter), rogue) allow you to sit on your rear end for hours on end standing up to cast the same 3-4 spells every fight (or just auto attack backstab / hide) in basically the same order / timing.

Don’t play the most on the ball requiring melee class if you have no interest in learning it, people stopped being okay with carrying after playing the 1-60 game more than once.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 21, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Sort of reminds me of launch week on Agnarr. Melee classes were non-existent because they were effectively useless compared to casters largely due to weapon / stat problems from literal patchwork armor dropping as upgrades in Lower Guk (in their 40s). Monks were of course, always welcomed. But guess what? We always had at least ONE melee, even if we didn’t have a tank, that melee’s only job was to pull. A 4 int dps / cleric / melee totally works as a leveling group. Bards were the best grab because Selos works indoors, they have lull, etc. Hell we even had a rogue pulling for us because he was the best role to do what the group needed.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

So long as you don’t have the memory of a goldfish it isn’t that hard to cycle nearest targets with tab, check for flashing mez debuff, mouseover to see duration remaining, rinse repeat to find your re-mez order.

Just make your bard and burnout by 20 already. :v:

E: I agree pulling is lame, i don’t play a melee class that would pull because i got tired of tunnel running simulator. Also means I can literally never chat, which is half the gameplay in dungeons.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

What actually is Spell Blocking? Thats an unfamiliar mechanic from eras I didn’t play I think.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Orty posted:

Well made a Rogue and got to 7. Love doing actual DPS (though at this level Bard probably does the same). Bit boring since its just auto attack at the moment.

Would a frozen shard or crystalline spider fang be better to start out with? What should I try and grab for my offhand?

I've got daggers for you when you post a character name.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I have a 42 ranger from Kunark days that I’m thinking of leveling up. AAs are entirely a mystery to me, and I haven’t spent time looking at the Ranger Class specific AAs yet. Mostly just wondering what big changes are expected of me prior to getting max level. Gearing isn’t an issue, I’m mostly just wondering how I should expect to be playing this class in leveling groups in this era. I’m currently using a Woodman’s Stave on him, but gear swapping is a non-issue if DW ends up always being better (Epic progress is pretty much at forage step complete, and no further). Should I continue to just level as a melee dps / puller / offtank, and worry about the bow wizard aspect after several AA points are spent?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Krycek posted:

Don't worry about aaxp. Take Autogrant, it gives you all the AAs up to lvl 100 for free. DW and bow for different situations, never 2h unless chasing skill points for shits and giggles. Once you can start headshoting, leveling starts to fly. Headshot is a passive AA that gives you the chance to proc a 1 hit kill on qualifying mobs (humanoids that are lower level than yourself).

Thanks! Will grab a good set of weapons to use before I bother with his epic. Sounds like headshot RNG is definitely worthwhile for 1 shot KO.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

suuma posted:

Keep in mind that advice isn't going to be as relevant on Agnarr and probably Phinigel. What server are you on?

Ugh, i do this really dumb thing where I forget this thread isn’t only for Agnarr, since thats the only ‘live’ eq I’ve played since SONYEQ days.

Agnarr. So, if HS got nerfed.. what are rangers then in Luclin / PoP era?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I take it the Archery Mastery AA (Headshot unlocks in PoP) is enough of a boost to just.. shoot bows 24/7? Thats pretty hilarious sounding.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Cool, thank you! This helps a lot. Gonna get him geared up and leveling somewhere I won’t know how to pull!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Uhhh, PoP Progression sounds pretty intense. drat, I think I should settle on a main before that happens.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I'll be starting with a pair of necros! Then probably a druid / bard..

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

gepgepgep posted:

I'm much more in favor of joining some goons in an established guild that's starting up versus joining a goon only guild. Those tend to fade away pretty quickly.

I think we’d be much better off joining an established guild as well, that’ll give us a much larger pool to grab groupmates and farming buddies from. There were ideas of doing a guild for Agnarr, but reality was we were all so scattered about it never was realistic, and there were some guilds running a couple thousand members for day one shenanigans.

I’m considering making the new TLP my ‘home’ EQ server just due to the fact that it’ll be a good way to see all of EQ content I’ve never been anywhere near before. I’d definitely be up for joining a larger leveling / social guild for the initial grind, so if someone grabs an invite, post about it and we can try to all pile in?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Decided to scrap my dual necro farming plan, and instead roll a Druid / Bard or Druid / Monk. Mostly I wanted to farm for krono in the early weeks, but I can just farm krono out of EC, I did it before on Agnarr starting with zero krono in the bank, so why the hell should I spend my time farming when I could just be a tunnel rat for less effort and more profit. Part of the determining factor was hearing that past classic, Necros really are lackluster so thanks for saving me a regrettable grind.

Also, something about having a Druid is just an essential for me. They’re just too drat useful as a first character.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Tai posted:

Druid is for ports? Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it if it is for porting. Plenty of porters outside EC. Monk/bard is a great combo but shaman/monk is even better.

Druid is for solo camping some drops, the utility of having ports without using Taxi, probably port whoring for early spell money, and PLs. I see the Druid as one of the better classic classes due to how versatile they are, even if they have less DPS or healing than their counterparts. Sure every DPS class can do more than them, but a Druid can start an exp group if there aren’t any clerics around whereas a mage can just.. well okay, get more mages and out burn the mobs before healing is needed, sure. Still kind of a preference choice though, and it wouldn’t be my first venture to having a Druid so I know how to play the role to what the group needs.

Monk / Shaman is definitely god tier Duo, but added benefit to leveling a druid first comes in having a PL box for anything else leveled, so that Monk / Shaman duo gets that much easier to level with SLN & Thorns sitting on the Shaman’s account logging in to refresh every so often. I’m an alt whore, so it seems beneficial to do the Druid first for that reason, too. I often find myself being a friendly rear end in a top hat buffing groups in newbie zones as well, so there is that.

E: great, this is my typical, ‘days before launch, rethink everything’ cycle all over again. Watch me end up as a Chanter / Cleric like I have on Agnarr just because of how OP they are together! (Note: please ensure I am dead if I do this)

gepgepgep posted:

Is that bonus XP on the TLPs as well?

They always have been in the past.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 15, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Solarin posted:

How did you like chanter/cleric? I am trying to decide which priest do pair with a chanter on the new server. I like shaman as a class the most but they don't seem to really have a lot of interesting spells before kunark

Enchanter / Cleric is an amazing duo and I would argue for it being the most viable Enchanter combo class without really any close competition. That duo will let you solo almost every camp in Classic and most of Kunark, and lets you level anywhere. Plus, you are a portable group minus warm bodies to pull for you.

CHeal is broken-good powerful for charmed pets (who have massive HP pools) so you can just keep the same pet rolling through mobs. For example I’d do the Hole Entrance with my druid friend, and my cleric/ench. Charm one of the elementals in the pit, and use it to murder everything, Druid was there to root / dot for added ticks and safety. Only one taking damage is the pet, so when it gets to 20% start casting CHeal, and just rinse repeat. It’s rather simple, but for me it was a lot more productive to just keep the same pet for as long as possible instead of ‘wait until it hits 10%.. invis, kill both, get new pet..’ since that cycle time just took so much more effort and spell gems to do for every third pull, etc.

Oh, big tip to leveling as an enchanter with a charm pet you keep alive: Steal Charm mobs from another camp’s pulling area, this way you won’t lose out on a mob each spawn cycle. Don’t be a dick and steal their PHs as a pet, tho. Just be a dick and steal their exp, they didn’t need it anyway.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 15, 2018

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Prism posted:

I haven't played Everquest in literally 15 years and am making a bad decision because I have time on my hands.

The OP was last edited four years ago. What's the general go-to server that people are on nowadays? Or are there even options? (I haven't finished reinstalling yet.) If it makes a difference, I will be actually soloing - I don't like to multibox so I won't be, but I understand there's a mercenary system now to help with that.

https://www.everquest.com/news/true-box-progression-server-faq-coirnav-march-2018

Perfect time to make a bad decision!

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Woo, got my 16 names reserved on Corinav.

Now to decide which dumb pairings of names to put together for my leveling plans after work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

FayGate posted:

Just sold enough p99 plat to acquire 28 grand of USD. Does live have this kind of fuckery to exploit? Asking for a SLAMDUNKATRON friend.

Is onesixtwo even interested in old fags like RIzen for EQ adventures? Inquiring minds like to know about SLAMDUNKATRON.

That is one hell of a haul, instead of cashing out my p99 time I just turned it over to a certain robo law enforcement.

Don't forget to pay your taxes!