Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I havent played EQ1 in like 14 years, what class should I definitely not play on ragefire

also are they gonna open another server if ragefire is insanely crowded? this summer is pretty quiet mmowise, it could get super popular (relative to a normal EQ1 server anyway)

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Jotto posted:

Make sure you research some out of the way leveling spots because this poo poo is gonna get silly.
aren't they going to have multiple instances of low level areas, though?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Is serverwide general chat the norm now? that seems like it'll get spammy on servers with an actual population

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

apparently they maybe forgot to remove /betabuff? lol

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Probably more than a couple according to the forum post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-update-may-20-7pm-pdt.221074/

quote:

It will be at least a few hours until Ragefire is ready

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

darkhand posted:

There's 300 people in login chat :psyduck:

welcome 2 1999

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I got on instantly at 3pm EST, are a ton of people playing on the new server instead or did everyone work the nostalgia out of their systems already? or did they just increase the pop cap

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

wheres the exp darkhand

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Being hated for killing all the dragons and having all the loot is just the consequence of getting to kill all the dragons and have all the loot. At the end of the day everyone on the server wants to kill those dragons and get that loot

The nice thing about rotations is that it cuts down on having to camp things. I was in a raiding guild in wow back in vanilla that killed around 2/3rds of the world bosses on mal'ganis, a few of us had alts sitting near the spawn points and we would organize via a phone tree when something popped. It was fun but the camping got a little old and people hated us

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I'm curious about the demographics of players on TLP servers, is it all nostalgic millennials and older or is the game actually still attracting new blood at this point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Yeah they take a pretty hard line on it, someone in my guild is quitting because they couldn't get approval for someone else in their house to play on Quarm using the same IP