Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I finally got around to putzing around on Ragefire last night, leveled a ranger to 3, and it was awful.

Rerolled into a bard, and this seems more fun, and useful to a group.

Which is sad because I love my ranger on Drinal/Test, but we're years away from that class being useful.

Almost of the mindset to just go back to farting around on test, and level my raidcopy SK until the server is a bit more mature though. 300pp Krono prices :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slim Killington posted:

The OP is kind of all over the place on this, but where's the most concentrated goon presence now if I want to regularly group/do stuff? Test?

The OP is extremely old, and we've had two goon presences since it was made, that have both scattered to the four winds.

There's a few active people on test, a couple on Live, and a couple on Ragefire, but there isn't the presence we enjoyed when goons came back en masse over the last couple years.

For the hell of it I may make some stupid witty guild on Ragefire, but the days of goon presences in EQ are probably gone.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

DBG will just take a play out of WoW's new rulebook when quitting, instead of being forced to talk to a GM who argues with you over the reasons you are quitting you will instead have to camp Raster of Guk before the unsubscribe button lights up.

option to get Raster drop by paying 150 smedbucks presented for convenience to avoid the camp

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Flavahbeast posted:

I got on instantly at 3pm EST, are a ton of people playing on the new server instead or did everyone work the nostalgia out of their systems already? or did they just increase the pop cap

been in the queue for an hour at 7PST. New server isnt up till this weekend.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t believe in rotations, at the same time I hear everyone’s plight and you have my sympathetic ear, but to me EQ has always been about earning your rewards, putting in the requirements. Granted the requirements are much steeper now than they probably have been since 99, but like we have to adapt and move forwards.

I made a personal change in my life style so that I could participate with TL and try to be a contributing member. I do have a full time job, I also do asked for time off for opening 2wks of TLP release, and I use my vacation days now, so that I can try to be online for specific targets to help the guild. These are choices I made in my life, so that I could participate at the highest levels in EQ, kill the targets as they spawn, and reap the rewards for being able to do so.

By adding this rotation in, and removing competitive play, you have basically nullified my efforts, and my sacrifices I made in my life. Something honestly after hearing Holly opening late in a public interview, I never thought I would see.

So, now that competition and competitive gaming is no longer part of EQ, I have cancelled my account …

I will no longer be giving DBG my money…and after 16yrs of having at least 1 active account going, this will be my first time I have felt truly betrayed by DBG.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Stefan Prodan posted:

Source your quotes

official forums, that should have been obvious. The neckbeards on there are gold.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I really want to play on ragefire but really can't feel assed to do it until Velious, and relive my ranger's rise to usefulness. :smith:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Hedonist posted:

I really want to like it because I love EQs dungeons, especially the classic through PoP stuff, but I don't think I can deal with the grind to 20 or whatever so I can actually jump into them. Grinding outdoor camps at early levels (or any level) in this game is so loving boring. SO BORING!

How quick do people tend to level on these servers? I might be able to deal with the bullshit in short bursts, but even that is pushing it when I have FFXIV sitting there waiting for me to play it. I feel loving ridiculous playing EQ when I have yet to finish the story in FF, which I actually enjoy.

I loved my time in EQ as much as everyone else but you are An Insane Person to go back to the EQ slog over finishing FFXIV's story which is actually good and fun.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm in as Jhelora on phinigel, gonna play an enchanter. Is there a guild or are the goons just kinda here and there?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Playing an Enchanter is Real Fun. I love this class, despite half the server playing one. The toolkit, even at level 15, is diverse and fun as hell.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone got a huge pile of kronos looking to make a few bucks? I could use 2 or 3.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
any of you higher dudes on Phiny have the hook up for some Ivy Etched poo poo? I need pants, boots and sleeves, and have plat.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
oh boy after rerolling to my preferred class, Ranger, on phinny and getting some gear...

Yea, they are good. I can still tank, still pull, and still dps. RIP enchanter :getin:

It's like 2007 never ended.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Can't wait to see how much a shitshow VT access will be with a 90 day window

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
any of you goons leveling on phinny around the high 20s range and need a ranger pal?

lfg is pretty desolate

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

jabro posted:

I would like to purchase a krono. Who is the go to resource nowadays?

there was a banwave from third party kronos lately.

Not sure what's safe right now.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

a small handful of people in my guild on phinny just ate bans and suspensions and they were from admittedly buying 3rd party kronos

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Yea, it's tough to say.

I have bought a few black market kronos about a month ago and I wasn't hit by the punish wave.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I want to level my ranger on phinny more. Who has characters in the high 20's and wants to go kill poo poo?

She is 28, and geared pretty drat well.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
hi, Quarm server is fun as heck, that's my story

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
goddamnit everquest.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
anyone still playing on Luclin? I'd donate a few krono to get carried to 110 on my ranger and paladin, or heck grouping would be fun too! They're 85 and 86, respectively.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Party posted:

What's the discord channel for mangler?

same asking for a friend

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

DisgracelandUSA posted:

People can send Akaylas a tell if they need a port or maybe Oggwhomp for a weapon or a potion or whatever if they're brave enough.

oggwhomp you rear end in a top hat you KS'd our taskmasters i will never let this slight pass,unforgivable

i demand a duel at dawn

Dubious fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 6, 2021

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
gold dkp = all the loot is paid for with krono and plat. Whales will eat the loot pool alive.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i do monk/bard on Aradune and positioning my bard is braindead easy by strafing her into position. I'd suggest monk to anyone doing a box crew, they're broken dps wise for several expansions, and once you get your epic you're swinging around 23/26 fists (23/27 if leezard) and that holds up into planes of power and keeps you on top of the charts.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i did a monk/bard box on aradune through PoP and it's overpowered as poo poo, bards have insane synergy with monk as a 2 box.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
new TLP deets are out : https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-producers-letter-spring-2022

tl;dr

You might be wondering what the rulesets for the new Time-Locked Progression Servers will be. Well, wait no further. We're proud to announce that the new names and rulesets will be: Vaniki, a Level Locked Progression server, and Yelinak, a more traditional progression server similar to the rules for Mangler. We're planning on unlocking those servers on May 25, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. PDT.*

Vaniki will open with Gates of Discord available and a level cap of 40. Then, over time, we will unlock new level caps along with the new expansions. In general, expansions will open when the level cap is 10 levels below the original level cap of the expansions. In many cases, this will cause multiple expansions to unlock on the same day. Once level 60 is reached, the next level change is eight weeks later if more than one expansion opens, and four weeks if only one expansion opens.

The currently planned (subject to change) unlock schedule for Vaniki is:

Open at level 40 with expansions up to Gates of Discord unlocked
Four weeks later: level 50 unlocks
Two weeks later: level 55 unlocks
Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
Eight weeks later: level 65 unlocks along with expansions up to The Buried Sea
Eight weeks later: level 70 unlocks along with Secrets of Faydwer
Four weeks later: level 75 unlocks along with expansions up to Underfoot
Eight weeks later: level 80 unlocks along with House of Thule
Four weeks later: level 85 unlocks along with Veil of Alaris
Four weeks later: level 90 unlocks along with expansions up to Call of the Forsaken
Eight weeks later: level 95 unlocks along with expansions up to Empires of Kunark
Eight weeks later: level 100 unlocks along with expansions up to The Burning Lands
Eight weeks later: level 105 unlocks along with expansions up to Claws of Veeshan
Eight weeks later: level 110 unlocks along with Terror of Luclin
Eight weeks later: level 115 unlocks
Eight weeks later: level 120 unlocks

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MrTheDevious posted:

not even Brad McQuaid could tell you're not playing on 2 "true" boxes

there's quite a bit he can't tell these days

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Darkmoon2k posted:

I tried starting fresh on Mischief, but the low level population is non-existent and the prospect of soloing is nauseating. The other option is dropping real world money and paying for a powerlevel, but no way. I don't think there's any reasonable way to get into this server and the only remaining option for TLP is to wait for the new ones next month.

i have to disagree here, i've also done this and im finding groups at most all level ranges. this is the healthiest low level pop in GoD i've ever seen on 4 TLPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
are any of the mischief goons aware of any ongoing gdkp pugs/discords for that sort of endeavour?