Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now
Does anyone have or use a good, detailed resource on PoP flagging and GoD progression? I did these way back in the day, but don't remember much. I know PoP is mostly kill and hail, but a few things have more "event" to them, like Plane of Air and Saryrn have keys you need to get. Also can GoD be boxed? I remember a lot of odd progression kills like Noqufiel or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

There's like three goons trying to do their 1.0's and can't because of the changes they've made, well I've figured it all out and posted it on the forums, hopefully they change it quick because it's reaaaally stupid.

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/harbinger-of-fear-faq-read-or-lose-your-items.219186/

So according to that, if I destroy my soul leech I can spawn the new version and do the duriek turn in? well... at least now my iksar sk is amiable to truespirit ;)

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
If anyone is looking for test copy stuff I have most of the 85/92 attunable augments, fear touched stuff, rustic armor stuff, defiant cloth and plate, and some other stuff if anyone needs it.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Pilsner posted:

Oooh yeah, Fletching 300, and 300 in all seven major tradeskills. :cool: Fletching probably cost me 150k pp from 280 to 300.

Time for the mercenary slot quest and super food recipes! :D

Back when the new fletching trophy first came out, I was a wood elf ranger, and I used mithril, all store bought stuff, and I was pretty sure that I was the first one to finish the trophy on Maelin. It still sucked even all store bought.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

gang control posted:

That would be awesome, actually. Just got my Necro to 85 (with VAW's help) so I could definitely benefit from any of the Nec-usable stuff Rustic and above. I'm Skyf in game if you want to parcel -- or if you're on Live and want me to make a guy to testcopy I'm cool with that too.

I just sent you a bunch of stuff, sell trade or drop what you don't need.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Botnit posted:

Is there anyone still playing on test? Contemplating starting something to poopsock around for awhile.

i'm on test (Farrokh/Farson) but I don't really "play" lol. If you need stuff let me know.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
This is more of an Isboxer / Hardware issue than directly EQ, but it involves EQ. I don’t know what the problem is exactly, but I am playing on a laptop that uses the Nvidia Optimus thing, it uses an Intel HD 4600 and an Nvidia GTX 770M. When I set EQ to use the Nvidia and run EQ from the launcher, it works fine, loads fast, looks better, etc. but won’t run from Isboxer/Innerspace, I have to set it to use the HD 4600 in order for it to run from Innerspace. Anyone else have this problem and a fix for it? It’s Windows 10.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

darkhand posted:

There might be a setting in the nvidia control panel or something similar where you can force the Innerspace window to use the graphics card.

That's actually the problem, when I force it to use the nvidia card, EQ won't launch through innerspace, it just launches a black box. If I run EQ alone throught the nvidia it runs fine.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
So a 4 box at level 83, SK, CLR, WIZ, ENC with CLR and ROG mercs (on test) was doing the level 80 hotzone, it got really slow at 83, the level 85 hotzone kicks my rear end. Where is better to exp that won't get me killed in one round? What is a good path from here to 100? thanks!

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Fortress Mechanotus was the zone I did from 80 until 83, it was great until 83, then dropped off. Foundation kicked my rear end. I tried the Dream rotdogs, killed a few then got taken out by a few bad rounds before a heal could land. I guess I'll try Ashengate. As far as gear I'm in mostly lost rubicite and brells rest/silver token bought stuff, 28k hp, 4k ac. Soon as I hit 85 i'll be able to use the Rustic stuff.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime
Oh, and my mercs are J1, pretty sure the same ones I got at level 1. I have a rogue/healer, should I have a tank even though I have an SK?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Pilsner posted:

You should look into getting the J5 mercs, they are significantly better than J1. All it requires is a quest line that you can complete in an afternoon: http://articles.eqresource.com/mercoverview.php

You will be able to complete it at your level. After completing the final quest, simply ditch your merc and go buy a new one in PoK or wherever, and select the J5 option. They used to cost 10k, but these days they cost next nothing. Upkeep will be approx 100p / 15 minutes.

Whether you want a tank merc or not depends on how you want to play. I main a Monk (with Shaman, Ranger, Wiz box) and Monks are not good tanks primarily because they can't keep aggro well, so a tank+healer merc is obvious for me. I like that I can focus on pulling and DPS'ing while the bot-like setup of tank and healer merc keeps me safe. With single mobs you can theoretically just doze off and you will stay alive as the tank tanks and does damage (quite a bit actually) and the healer merc heals, which is nice, but of course I like to challenge myself and frequently pull 3 or 4 mobs depending on the place I'm in and how risky I feel being.

I can give you a good power leveling zone route to get the new guy up to speed if you like.

This is actually one of my "alt" box sets, I have my main box group is a 100 bard, 100 shaman, 100 mage, and 93 druid (started 4th boxing late, trying to catch him up). I put together 4 box sets of 4 groups just to have all 16 classes without using the same one twice, of course my main box set is the best setup for me :) and the rest suffer from not having a bard or shaman lol. The other two are war/rog/ber/nec and rng/pal/mnk/bst they all have a puller/snarer this way, but the war box set lacks a slower and invis/group invis unless nec gets one later, which I don't think. The last two suffer from the obvious melee placement problems, but I don't really play either too much, mostly my main and SK set.

I would still like to hear a good zone plan for the other box sets, one is testbuffed to 25 and hasn't been leveled yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

Node posted:

I have yet to find anyone that is still playing and created their character before me. I skipped school, waited outside Gamestop, and brought it back home on foot. God, I'm so cool.

The oldest character I have that I still play is from Oct 14, 1999. Well, I don't really play it, just use it for ports and some of the keys the character has still.