Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
In as Dakkith, the F2P (for now) rogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Any idea when you guys might do Seventh Hammer? I'd love to come along in case he drops that awesome dagger!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Dakkith - Luclin
61st Rogue of The Tribunal, Keeper of the Peace
RP Anti-PK Anti-Troll

Edit: Because it was mentioned in /gu chat, but not posted yet...Ascending Angels guild website: http://ascendingangelsguild.blogspot.com/

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Alternatively type out "/who all fearboners" and /t name give me an invite you uglyfat.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Finished my Ragebringer (Rogue 1.0) tonight! Big thanks to Mazik and Kodaji for helping out with some serious steps.

I started my 1.5 about 20 minutes later, and leveling the tradeskills is going to be a bit of pain...biggest being poison making it would seem.

To those of you people grinding in The Hole, if you can please save me oxides and charcoal you get from drops it'd be hugely helpful. Just /t Dakkith if you've got some saved up. Thanks!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Mewcenary posted:

Any further thoughts on where I should level with a 65 Wizard + Merc ? I tried the hotzone for this level and got stomped on very quickly. My warrior merc soon died. Perhaps I should be kiting ? That said, if the mobs summon I'm dead.

This was Sunderock Springs...
Get the hell away from that lovely zone! Seriously, check out BOT. If you could duo at least with another person the tank/cleric merc combo would work well.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
While I'm sure there's stuff that's soloable, the speed that comes from having cleric/merc is really big.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Goon riddance we got rid of those people who joked around in guild chat over the course of ten lines of text. I bet we showed those fuckers a thing or two about how community works!

In other news, if you see someone who needs help...don't help them. /t Kodaji because he's apparently in the business in resolving conflicts for other people.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Screenshot teaser of the ending!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

xZAOx posted:

Yesterday me and Dakkith went to Paw. I haven't been there since the revamp. On the good side, we killed every corner and nook and cranny of Paw in about an hour, just running around with mercs slaughtering all we saw. It was a lot of fun. On the bad side, I hate the new Paw :(. I'm sure there's some lore behind it, but gnolls are much more interesting to whack on instead of the stupid elementals.
That definitely was a fun time wrecking everything in that zone. We even had a room to full of free loot waiting as we looped around from those AFKers! As I was one of the casualties in Kodajishima we'll have to add each other to friend lists since /guild will no longer work. Bummer that "some people" were "annoyed" by "some things" ...in a goon guild.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

GodIsInTheTrees posted:

Can't really expect anything more from the people I kicked, that's why they got kicked. There's huge precedent for it though, so in a day our guild bank will be restored and someone's getting suspended/banned, so no big.
Feel free to spread all the propaganda you want, the people you kicked was nothing more than you being incapable of handling criticism or mockery. You spend over an hour fussing in guild chat and pissing with chat ranks because you can't handle something two people said as a joke in /gu? For someone who's been stuck in Norrath since 1999 I would have assumed you've heard of the /ignore command.

The best part is that a lot of your issues stem from how loving hypocritical and flip-floppy you are. When I started out on F2P day one your advice for everyone was to "let the mercs PL you up". Like it's already been stated, asking about weapons or armor was shot down as "a waste of platinum". You've created many of the problems yourself by promoting boxing/mercing over us actually grouping up. The ones that you kicked were the ones who were constantly playing 1 character and grouping up with as many goons as we could incorporate. Also, if anything does come of that guild bank situation it'll be a loving joke, seeing as how many of us were ones who dumped items into it. I know I kept an eye out on the Bazaar continually for good buys of weapons/armor to throw in for the current level ranges.

poo poo really hit the fan when I addressed the guild after a kick by stating the following (gross paraphrase as I regretfully wasn't thinking I'd need to screencap this):
"To whoever loving "sent tells" to Kodaji, please inform me if I am doing something that annoys or irritates you. Or better yet, use the /ignore command if my annoyance is such an issue for you."

Of course, this resulted in a bigger spergsplosion from Kodaji. Fun times with some of you Fearboners, but I don't think I'll come back into the North Korean guild despite the good people that remain.

Edit: Here's the full text for the conclusion of the night. This is when goons were at their gooniest, mocking and trolling for the lunacy of the situation. I put the full text in, with what should be text bridging gaps so that it's entirely complete. I don't want to put a spin on this, I want it open for everyone to see how it unfolded...because throughout all of that text I don't see any goons calling us out for being "annoying". What I do see is a bunch of rather funny poo poo being said and one goon who finds humor to be anathema.

gepgepgep fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 27, 2012

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

widds2v posted:

Yeah after looking at some of the AAs it's noticeable that there are more melee related AAs the later in expansions you get than bow based ones. I've changed up my playstyle a bit and things are dying faster.

Non-casters seem to get kinda screwed though with this super fast leveling. It's impossible to keep an up-to-date weapon if you don't have a high level main to supply yourself with twink plat for the bazaar... was using my sword still from the tutorial at 27 until I gave in and bought one (probably overpriced) from a regular merchant. Caster spells at least are easy to obtain lower levels.
You're way off, I think I had defiant weapons throughout almost all of my levels. You need to shop in advance of what you're going to need and hunt good deals on the Bazaar (they certainly exist). Also, try sending tells at multiple points to traders there as not all of them are AFKbots. I caught one guy and snagged several defiant pieces for less than 2k (level 59 gear, mind you, including chest).

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Dubious posted:

The march goonrush was a blast, but they killed my sub when they yanked SC subs.
Goonrush was a blast, but Kodaji's power trip ruined the experience for me. Nonetheless it was certainly a blast. I tried to go over to Vanguard and that's when I noticed they changed their sub policy with regards to SC. With the game preventing you from wearing raid tier items there's no way in hell I'd consider leveling up...for a raiding game...if I can't legitimately F2P.

I do find it funny that of all the games I've played that are F2P with cash shops, Lineage 2 is by far the most unnecessary. NEVER would have expected that Korean grindfest to hold that honor.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I should probably rephrase that. You didn't ruin the experience, but you did make yourself look like a little poo poo who couldn't handle some very mild goon antics. Destroying the one thing that game had going for it, community and interaction with other goons, was never worth coming back to even if you begged me and promised to choke down a bleach cocktail. Why you continue to stick around here is beyond me.

I was going to ask why you bother sticking around, and then saw that your last bajillion posts are for LOL. Makes sense.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I'm contemplating giving Phinny a run...any chance there's some friendly faces from P99 willing to help set me up a bit?

Leaning towards rolling Monk or Enchanter at the moment. Monk for the enjoyment of all the FD tricks you can do and ENC for the ease of soloing later on.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

RCarr posted:

Yeah, there isn't much "ease" in enchanter soloing until the later expansions.
I meant more along the lines of it being potentially rewarding and powerful, and provides option to solo well. Rewarding, if not very risky too.

Monk wouldn't be to solo. I just love being able to pull/split stuff, tank decently, and have fairly good DPS output.

I really enjoy playing a rogue on p99 but don't enjoy having to do cash camps grouped as my primary means of solid income.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I've made my monk on Phinny (Dakkith) and reached level 23. A huge thanks for Hoohah helping me out with some starter gear and making this go so fast!!

If anyone has characters in their 20s and would like to group (EU evening times especially) please let me know. Would love to run with Goons in some dungeons.

Leveling Plans (please offer input/corrections as this based on no Luclin knowledge and P99 ZEMs):
Mid-20s: SolA (gnomes especially)
High-20 to 30s: LGuk
Mid-30s to 42?: CoM

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I keep "hearing" that there's supposed to be double XP this weekend...anyone have something of substance to confirm/deny this? Where would one see such announcements?

Also, if it is 2x XP, do XP pots stack? Would a 25% pot be adding an additional 25% or 50%?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Leveled a monk to 60 in the past few weeks so I understand the pulling thing. However, I actually quite enjoy pulling (for good groups) because you're able to set the pace and tone of the group. I have become quite selective with groups I join now though. I want to see high DPS, often preferring at least 1 ENC + pet.

I found that leading my own groups, while a mission to start sometimes, led to much faster and more rewarding XP sessions. A great example of a bad group: got invited to rep a guildmate the other day in GE and walked into a 3 druid group. I should've known better...as this guildmate also said on (on a raid mind you) they didn't purchase Avatar as they didn't see the benefit or want to pay for gems. :doh:

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
You sound like you have a few problems:

1) Proximity pulling. you have no proper ranged weapons. I carry a few stacks of Forged Javelins for 205 range pulling. It takes a few hundred plat to get up to being able to make them. Shurikens are dirt cheap and sold by a number of city vendors. They also stack in 100s.

2) You're grouping with idiots. Lead groups. Tell them what to do. If they can't handle, replace them. This game is 17 years old now...no need to coddle people.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Stanos posted:

Pretty sure the OOG enchanter started getting sad with the packs I was bringing in. Early morning groups you take what you can get I guess.
He was more annoyed with the other people. 2 other druids were supposed to be healing in group. They did none of this. The beastlord also thought he was captain DPS and wasn't even slowing mobs, but he'd immediately break mez and send the mobs onto the ENC...LOL.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Pilsner posted:

I've tried with my own ZlizUI which contains the Sparxx UI inventory window, and no errors, it just shows your AC and ATK way too low, instead of X / Y as it does in the new UI. Also, the velocity (movement speed) is missing.

I'll be working on implementing the new fields in ZlizUI this week.

I demand this immediately and will offer 1k plat on phinny in compensation. Chop chop!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Let me know if you need any logs, screencaps, or something to help with integration and update to ZlizUI for Phinny. Hurts only seeing half my ATK (have to relearn quick glance buff values for what's missing anyway) but the UI is too drat useful to give up. Did full raid without those numbers versus swapping to default.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Anyone rolling on Coirnav?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I'm much more in favor of joining some goons in an established guild that's starting up versus joining a goon only guild. Those tend to fade away pretty quickly.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Is that bonus XP on the TLPs as well?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Verbose posted:

The patcher is still hosed for me, any word from Daybreak about a fix yet?
Don't know anything about the patcher problem, but can you not launch without the patcher through the patchme workaround?

https://www.redguides.com/forums/threads/24968-Using-the-Patchme-command-to-bypass-the-SOE-Launcher

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
To what end? Quick to get groups? Duo content with no other help? Level?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I always found melee DPS to love being in groups with bards. Once people have some gear and we're into kunark, youd probably have a lot of fun as a monk, ranger, or SK with a bard.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
If you're able to bind nearby, I'd recommend just living in UGuk then going to LGuk around 27 to Bedroom.

I've had very few issues with pick timer. Be flexible and move your group around killing mobs if the camp you want is taken, picking over to try the next once timer is up. I moved from Scryer to LGuk ZL to 3way. If 3way is camped you can normally find priest area open, just make sure to lull that center before pulling.

Just hit low 30s on my ENC and having lots of fun. Any goons in guilds (Coirnav) that plan to raid on 2 nights a week, or in guilds that use loot council for distribution?

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

iNteg posted:

I leveled with pugs and anyone who wanted me in the group, UR wasn’t that bad, the XP has flown by. I’m dreading lguk and solb more than anything.
I've found LGuk to be better than unrest. More mob distribution. At least half my groups are very competent. I'll quickly leave the bad ones, or remove people for ones I'm leading.

Some big box groups camping, but overall the drama feels pretty mild for nameds from what I've seen. OOC has been almost squeaky clean.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I've found that optimizing groups (read: 2 ENC w/ charmed pets) and 2 heals (CLR + SHM/DRU) means you can handle those asshat trains pretty well. 2 ENCs CCing makes it super easy. We had a train that resulted in named plus like 10 mobs in camp and just handled it 1 mob at a time.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Hoohah posted:

Can you even live in San Diego on 60-70K?

I'd imagine he's not six figures, but probably in the 90s range.
Also had the same initial reaction to that salary range for SD. I won't speculate what he's at, but I'm very happy to voice my huge doubts that a programmer with experience in a major CA city is paid below 6 figures.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

iddqd posted:

I'm kinda burned out on just straight leveling at the moment. Got to level 48 before it happened! I need some other goals. What are some good rings and earrings I can work towards for SK? Everything in the bazaar is expensive or terrible for jewelry. I have no earrings at all except for looted no-stat earrings.

I can send you one that doesn't suck awfully bad, what's your IG name on the SK. Ears and neck tend to be hard to find good upgrades.

Keep in mind that once you're in 50s you're exping in areas that drop gems for cash which will help significantly.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
How detectable and enforced is working around the truebox rule and using VMs or some other means on the progression servers? Not for an army, just adding a 2nd box. Asking for a friend...

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Anyone happen to know of a loot council guild on Mangler? I'd love the slower pace, but don't really feel like playing a point farming sim for gear upgrades. Still can't decide if I'm over the classic TLP or would like to do it all again...which is where Selo has some allure.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Krazuel posted:

If they integrated it into the title bar I wouldn't have much issue with it, but at the moment its just a bunch of wasted space and ugly.
To be fair, that wasted space is still a net gain when you think about not having other windows hidden elsewhere. Combine this with some hot /viewport action and you've got a ton of space saved!

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
I feel like druid is by far the best box with necro. Regen, ports, heals, root, also dots if kiting.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006
Looking to buy several Krono.

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Tai posted:

lmao, AA exp is the same as Coirnav on Selo.
This is both painful, hilarious, and completely unsurprising all at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gepgepgep
May 22, 2006

Gruknor posted:

Too early to sell krono. Krono is selling for 900-1000 plat right now. I am waiting about a month so I can sell it for 4k-8k.

Anyone from the Mangler Goon Guild can give me an invite or another link to discord? The current discord link is not working and Adakos is not online. Thanks in advance.

I was looking to pay via PayPal, as was the other buyer I believe.