Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

UncleRadnor posted:

I don't know how many malaygoons there are here, but does anyone know any plamo stores that they'd swear by for good prices? (specifically in the kuala lumpur area?) i'm itching for that MG duel but all i've seen is are savings of a few (after conversion) hundred yen (ok fine its pretty new so it still hasnt gone down in price :v:)

If I recall, Gamers Arena in Times Square has some of the best prices available in KL. I really recommend you get that MG though. Bandai was on their A-game for this design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

UncleRadnor posted:

Thanks :) Also, were there any hobby shops inside KLCC or midvalley? I remember reading about one in KLCC somewhere but i'm not sure anymore.

You're Welcome. :)
Gunpla in KLCC is extinct, but XL Shop should have some in Midvalley. Best bets are still the Sungei wang-Times square ares due to the sheer variety and competitive pricing there.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
It looks good, though probably you could try adding a bit more damage to the bullet holes, they look a mite too clean compared to the rest of the damage.

And haha you castrated the poor dude.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
All they need now is the Byarlant and Baund doc to finish off the wierd Titans mech collection.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Son Ryo posted:

I don't think there's a Barzam, is there?

I never really considered the Barzam a weird Titans mech though, nothing remarkable about it other than its honking big eye.

I'd wish they'd venture into the other Sirocoo designs. I'd love to see a Messala.

Well Manicured Man posted:

Also, I just rewatched that episode of Zeta last night. The Baund Doc has got to be up there in the top 5 silliest-looking UC mobile suits ever.

The Baund Doc holds a special place in my heart for being such butt-achingly weird. I'd like to think that being one of the last main baddies to appear, the designer had a field day on it culminating into this strange fox-horseshoe crab hybrid. How the gently caress it transforms just boggles the mind.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Popehoist posted:

Ver. KA is the best looking although its posability leaves much to be desired.

The only pose a Gundam should do is stand still and crotchstare, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I officially hate whoever made this:

I hate the fact that it comes with asymmetrical clown feet.
Not everyone likes doing that ridiculous yoga stretch pose, Bandai. :mad:

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Hrm... if you can make a second version, make you can rip some holes into it, drag it into some dirt, get some dust, give it some wear. Would look awesome.

Speaking of customs, this dude made his own Virgo from Gundam Wing. It looks pretty great all things considered :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi7xUn33uOw

Whoa awesome! He should enter this years Gunpla Builders World cup. The main prize is pretty sweet; you get to go to Japan for the finals.

http://www.bluefincorp.com/catalog/bandai-gunpla-model-kit-world-cup-2012-us-championship

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Wow nice build, where did you get the kit? It's pretty rare on the net.

Haha and display is pretty much the only thing it has going on for it. I've got the bang doll and it's nigh-unposable.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
If you guys though the Granzon was nuts enough, along comes the Neo Granzon.

Holy gently caress, look at the shoulders of that thing...

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10201052

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Nice, they got some of those old rear end vintage kits on for sale. I'll be definitely getting a few.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

While I remember, can anyone recommend an online store that won't cripple my wallet with shipping costs to Australia? Or is HLJ just the go-to store? (Couldn't find the shipping rates on the site)

How about from Malaysia? I have a buddy that owns a Gundam shop here, and he occasionally ships overseas. I could give you his contacts if it's ok for you.

Morgenthau fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 23, 2012

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Bimmi posted:

Number 2 is Zogok (I thought I was the only one who wanted this) and #3 is Döven-Wolf (finally!). Number 1 is pretty impossible to figure but I really hope it's Turn A.

Also, they've teased HGUC Messala for 2013, holy gently caress.

Wow they're really pulling out all the stops in making GBS threads out the new kits. How long before they run out of designs?

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Midjack posted:

MG Hamma-Hamma for #200.

That would actually be pretty awesome though.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Nice work on the Tallgeese!

Didn't realize there is a Leo head in there could mean a MG Leo can't be far off.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tGA_xKm95zg

Here's a synopsis of the anime series, it looks like bit of an excuse for the animators to draw old MS designs which is pretty cool.

There's a fair bit of V designs in there so here's hoping we get a few HGUC Zanscare Empire releases.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

So this weekend I decided to touch up some of my old MGs and give em a matte topcoat. Turned out okay I think. (Wish I had a better camera.)

That RX-79G looks boss. Somehow being dirtied up seems to be it's natural look.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

I.... I.. I actually like it. It's like one of those SD musha samurai gundams made real.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Masking splinter camo is for masochists.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Has anyone gotten a 1/144 HGUC Delta Kai? I just built one and it's pretty sweet, despite it's ginormous amount of parts. Really makes me salute you guys that regularly build MGs; this one was exhausting for me.

Here are some shots while I finish the white-knuckle job of the final assembly; The biggest fuckups usually happen at this stage.

I may have overdone it with the decals though. What do you guys think? :ohdear:

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Compared to the average vKa kit, your decals are fine. I dunno about your panel lining though; it could just be the shadow, but the lines on the torso look dalong thick. Though if that's your preference then that's fine too.

Nice job on the build, it looks amazing. Think you could post some pictures of the completed build?

Thank you, I was trying to get a good combination between panel line depth and width. I agree, It didn't look very dark before painting but after putting some ink in it, it looks quite deep.

Bimmi posted:

Can't help but notice the V Gundam Shai-Tarn in the background. This man has good taste in bad model kits.
Haha I practically threw that one away in disgust. Those 1/144 V gundam baddies are seriously lovely kits; flimsy and way too small for my liking. Needless to say that is the only Zanscare MS I have. I guess I am a sucker for awesome boxart :)

Got the purdy pics up and running. I noticed with painted kits, joints get tighter with the layers on paint on top, so the Delta Kai now can hold up that big rear end shield with just one arm instead of it slowly dropping down 1 millimeter a minute. :v:

Delta_Gundam_Kai1 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai2 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai6 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai23 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai28 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai15 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai35 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai37 by df0084, on Flickr

Delta_Gundam_Kai33 by df0084, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007

Mecha Gojira posted:

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I'm not one of the top ten posters in this thread.

And yeah, I'm hoping this is the year I finally finish a kit too. Not just bang one together in a weekend and throw it on the shelf either (I'm the guy who doesn't even panel line). I mean every step from washing the sprues to detailing and final topcoat.

Though I'm imagining that I'll probably end up frustrated due to my inexperience and lack of patience by the end of it and just go back to buying pre-painted action figures again like the last couple projects. But I'm trying to stay positive, dammit.

Also, Bimmi, I think I remember reading something about that too. Figured they'd do something for the Gundam 35th anniversary.

That sounds great! Usually this is the tipping point to start the next level of building; soon you'll be painting everything you can get your hands on, your house will start smelling on thinner, your buddies will start noticing your horrible nail colors and doubt your sexuality...

And after that you'll be thinking about modifying, scratchbuilding, scribing panel lines, dioramas, etc etc etc...:ohdear:

Seriously, I'd advise you to take it easy and take your time in building the kit. The tip is not to get burnt out and If you really get stuck, don't be afraid to cheat. Nobody is going to look inside that hard to see hole and notice you haven't cleaned that seamline or didn't paint that small piece. Just go at your own pace and enjoy the hobby and building process.

The final part of seeing that kit built up all painted and topcoated is the best part of the process. Seeing all that hard work pay off is really addicting and you'll be building your next kit in a heartbeat.

• Locked thread