Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mecha Gojira posted:

Yamato also has recently announced the online exclusive release of the VF-4 Lightning III from Flashback 2012. You know, the music video one. ($80-$300+)

Wait, they WHAT??!

e: Hmm. Ok, webshop exclusive, that leaves me out. Plus the robot mode looks a little dorky, which I guess was always going to happen with the VF-4. Still one of the most stunning plane modes.

Phy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

404GoonNotFound posted:

For the love of god, who thought it was a good idea to make Turn A's forehead logo a dry application :negative:

(Thanks again, Midjack)

EDIT: Two tries, two fuckups. Looks like I'm getting a green Gundam Marker!

I did it first time :smug:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

mikeycp posted:

In slightly related news, this is apparently a thing now.
http://youtu.be/29MD29ekoKI

It looks like a Dom and a Tachikoma had babies.

That's a fuckin' first gen Armored Core.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What was wrong with the MG Hi-Nu? Aside from being a winged Gundam in the UC, I mean.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

S-Alpha posted:

So apparently they're making a Zaku II 2.0 in Black Tri Stars colors, which is great (it's pretty much the only reason I have to get a Zaku II 2.0 at this point), but considering the talk on the last page, they really need to get down to making 2.0 kits of some of the older, lovely MGs that weren't designed right. A new, better Sazabi, Wing Zero, F91, and so on would be great. I'd personally shell out mega bucks for a (Rick) Dom 2.0.

C'mon Bandai.

I get the feeling that out of the 1.0 Zeon suits, the Dom was the best of the bunch. Outdated as hell now, but it was still a fun rear end build. It's a really early kit for having a mostly internal skeleton, and posable fingers... And serious, get a Zaku 2.0 if you build and don't have one what is wrong with you.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Silentman0 posted:

Oh my goodness.

Where did they get a Bearguy that big?

Kitbashed the Master Grade Acguy?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Geez, the edges on that are so "worn" it looks more like papercraft than plastic.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

The GP02 MG is a disaster. I hope they remake it in some form, with better articulation and such.

Jeez, if a Tallgeese isn't enough to get one last model buy out of me, a new GP02 might.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Have you ever tried buffing out sprue marks with your thumbnail? Scratching at them like you would a scratch ticket seems to take a lot of the white "stressed" look out of the mark, though I'm not exactly sure why.

e: When I was into it, I built all of my kits with a diagonal cutter and a small boxcutter :shepface:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

Most of us use sakura pens or gundam markers to panel line

If you give few enough fucks, you can also sand a 5mm mechanical pencil lead to an evil little point and line with that. It looks weird and shiny in broader areas though.

e:

Ahahaha, poo poo, that Saz'gontank

Phy fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 26, 2013

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Midjack posted:

The Gundam Mk II and GPO1 are consistently well spoken of.

The Mk II PG had an unfortunate tendency to topple backwards on its heels on me - but that's just the square-root law at work. Thing's ginormous and static joints can only do so much. Your rear end would topple over too if you were asked to stand up straight and not use your muscles to hold yourself in place.

I'd almost rather do the GP01 now, because part of the fun of a PG is cutting parts off sprues and putting them together for a solid week, and GP01 would be more like a week and a half.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

muike posted:

haha oh my god i just looked at the website for them and other than the anime mascot girl it says something about being like the katana of nippers or something and shows a picture of a dude folding steel OVER 1000 TIMES masterwork nippers

So wait would European nippers be a lump of bog iron hammered crudely into the shape of something with a couple of edges on it only it's so cheap that everyone could run around with a pair?

fe: I was being silly but then I realized I basically just described diagonal cutters

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bimmi posted:

Reposting this because it made me laugh, and who couldn't use a good laugh nowadays?

Does the Z'gok come with a tiny other-side-of-the-claw

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

S-Alpha posted:

Yesssss. :unsmigghh:

:swoon:

It looks like a forgotten alien device of unguessable configuration and cold, exquisite beauty

Or a christmas tree topper

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Attention Unicorn Peasants; your shiny golden god has review pictures up. :wotwot:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/mg-1100-unicorn-gundam-unit-3-phenex_11.html

poo poo, in GM mode it's a shoulder-mounted railcannon away from being a Glitter Boy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't remember mine coming with any effect parts. The Dom doesn't actually come with a beam saber, it has a heat saber which is actually just a solid sword that heats up. It doesn't "retract" like a beam saber or lightsaber does, the Dom stores the whole thing on his backpack.

I could have swore the OYW Dom I had came with a yellow and a blue rod for the heat saber, one for cold and stored, the other for hot and activated. Apparently I'm mental since Dalong only shows a yellow sword on the sprues.

It was by far the most fun I had on an MG build. Maybe because it was relatively unchallenging, or because it was my first time building the skeleton of a kit first and then snapping the armor over top of it. Or maybe it's just because I liked Doms ever since I read the Blue Destiny book.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BlitzBlast posted:

Use a butterknife to denub. :getin:

Twist everything off like you are six and the set came as part of your monthly Wings and Wheels datacard pack.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Maybe I've asked already, but how does Future hold up to frequent repositioning of the joint? How's its shear strength? I've used clear nail polish for years to fix loose Transformer joints, but it always seems to break off/crumble after messing with it a few times.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kingtheninja posted:

Picked up a sweet MG Rick Dom, char's. I assumed it was from the novels but the title on the box reads "gihren's something" I can't read Kanji. Anyone know what does it refer to? It's my first zeon model btw, a choice between that and a black tri stars zaku.

You should get the Zaku as well and start a Freaky Friday shelf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Anonymous Robot posted:

"Trans-Am system" is the most anime thing ever.

I'm still disappointed it doesn't give a Gundam a sweet mullet and a Guns & Roses t-shirt with the sleeves cut off

• Locked thread