Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Stupid question, is RG Freedom compatible with the HG Meteor packs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

High Grade 2.0: Even higher quality stickers!
Sorry, still a bit annoyed from the goddamn backpack on the Banshee Norn earlier this week.Why not just stick a gold piece underneath it if you want everything on that layer to have a sticker...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bimmi posted:

Would hit it like a runaway train.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the idea of HG 2.0. What would that even entail?

I honestly expect it to just be something similar to MG 2.0s, redo the old models but with higher quality tech. Either that or making them a step closer to RGs. I'd be cool with either one since HG is my main grade.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Also you can totally just stack backpacks on the Build Strike. I'm waiting for the inevitable All Of The Backpacks custom.

Star Build Strike Full Package Mk II Custom Ver Sei. It'll be glorious!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

Hey for those looking to pre-order the MG X, Amazon has it available for pre-order for 49.99 with Prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-GX-9800-Gundam-After/dp/B00GNNG2NC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389761610&sr=8-1&keywords=MG+Gundam+X

That is so much more reasonable than the one I saw a couple days ago which was something like $55 with $65 shipping. Shopping for Gunpla on Amazon is kinda hilarious.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

So today on a whim, I got the HG Jesta Cannon. It is now my favorite HG and the fact it comes with so many different customization options and stuff to personalize it is pretty sweet.

Not gonna lie it was enough fun that at one point I was considering getting a pair of regular Jestas so I could have the Londo Bell Tri Stars. But I'm willing to settle for a somewhat likely MG Cannon in the near future. Hell they already have the mold and UC7 is out in a few months.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

One thing I adore about GundamGuy is the hyper elitist comment section, filled with people crying over every new Build Fighters release and saying that MG Gundam X will never sell. Makes me chuckle a bit especially considering I just ordered mine.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

GG's comment sections are hilarious. It's like a microcosm of the entire Gundam fanbase: you aren't allowed to enjoy things, everything you don't like is terrible, Bandai should be making my dream toy, etc.

Also I should totally be working on that guide but :effort:. Part 5 just needs a revise and some pictures, and part 6 is mostly done, but eeeeeeeeh. Too busy working on my 3.0.

Can't forget that anything that doesn't take place in the Grand Holy Universal Century and has more than 4 cast members alive at the end is absolute loving garbage.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Yeah, just a super husky backpack that makes the Seravee blush. Hell the detachability is how I'm justifying buying another Full Armor HG in a few months!

Does anyone know how the solar panels on the Gundam X MG are going to work? Are they panels backed by silver stickers or just straight up stickers?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

You bastard, why aren't they in numerical order from top to bottom...
More importantly holy hell that Beargguy-san box is huge.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

There's the Zaku Amazing and to a lesser extent Kampfer Amazing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I like the lack of V crest and the Arios vulcans. Kinda reminds me of a cross between Tallgeese and Alex. What other kits are you thinking of slapping on there?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Are all Robot Spirits figures 1/144 scale, because I really want the Sinanju but I don't want to deal with the amount of stickers that the HG has.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zedd posted:

Gold paint markers are like 4 bucks even where I live so you can always just go that route?

If I can keep my hands steady I may end up doing that, I just don't want to deal with like... 32 stickers for all the Sleeves filigree.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So they finally revealed what Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter look like and I gotta say Exia looks pretty awful. On the other hand...

Moonlight Butterfly effect parts! :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I really like Miss Sazabi but then again I'm a sucker for female suits in general. As for the Exia Dark Matter, it feels like a Hot Topic store vomited on a Gundam and Bandai just shrugged and said "Looks fine to me."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

So I know it's not exactly Gunpla, but I did pick up a new Super Robot Chogokin today.

Meiou :black101:
EDIT: Dammit guess my Gundam X'll be late too, assuming it's the same thing that happened to Bimmi. Here's me wanting something to build over the weekend.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 23, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Midjack posted:

Also Nina Purpleton.

I can't watch it again because Nina just enrages me on a special level. The designs are so great, and Gato's outstanding but every time she's on screen I just want to hurt something.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gundamguy's got review pictures of the HG Strike Gundam version No.3,295

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/hgce-1144-aile-strike-gundam-review-by.html

I'm surprised they cheaped out on stickers for the Aile's main wings, considering everything else red on it is actual plastic parts. Also, what's the quality like on the Union FLAG 00 kits? Specifically the Graham custom one.

Not surprising, the wings they have stickers for are the red/black ones so it's cheaper to do a single black piece than a red piece that locks into the black piece. Also the HG Flag looks good but the overall weirdness of the Flag's appendages makes it hard to do any sort of pose unless you put it on a stand. I'd say it's worth it if it's under $15.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 28, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nothing else wrong aside from awkward limb posing?

The linear rifle has some slight issues staying in the hand, that could just be me though. Putting it in the left hand (as is proper for Graham's Flag) solved those issues.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

I bought some top coats to try out locally, but I wanted to try Mr Color flat spray. I went online and most places were out of stock except robots4less so I gave them a try.

My order was over week ago, and I live about 500 miles from them so I knew shipping shouldn't take that long. I emailed them and got no reply. Yesterday I called them and they told me their website crashed and when they got it back up the store put everything as 'in stock'. Rather than taking it down again to fix that or disabling the shopping cart until they inventoried they decided to just keep accepting orders and payment and if they had it they shipped it.
If you were like me and ordered something that was really out of stock, instead of informing you they couldn't fulfill the order they elected to just say nothing and hope you didn't notice until they did get stock. In my case the kid on the phone said it'd be two weeks... maybe (remember I'd already waited over a week before calling). There's the chance it won't be in that shipment.

So yeah, R4L not recommended. I ended up just ordering it from Hobbywave.

That happened to me with an HG Nobel Gundam, but I should've expected that, it's out of stock everywhere ever.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Even the other snobs on the GundamGuy comments are sick of him. Also, RG Destiny, worthwhile buy? My HG is really starting to piss me off with its idiocy.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Thanks, I was fine with the HG but the hands can't stay together to save their life and I'm trying to do a pose with the Arondight vs. Nu Gundam and the drat backs keep falling off.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

There'll be a HG... right? :smithicide:

Depending on how long Build Fighters goes, Mao could do something similar to this as an upgrade for his Gundam X...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm kinda surprised we never got an HGUC Barzam and a little sad at the same time. I kinda dig its colors and overall design.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Blitz, is there a bit in your tutorial on smoothing down the thick ends on V Fins? I got lucky on my Full Armor Unicorn and don't really want to push my luck on HG Turn A.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Online exclusive SUMO. Get hyped.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/02/p-bandai-online-hobby-shop-exclusive_4.html
EDIT: False alarm, it looks like it's the NG ones, not an addition to HGCC. Damnation.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Has anyone ever had troubles cancelling orders from Robot4Less before?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

One thing I hate about living in MN, the nearest hobby shop for me got the hell out of Gunpla right around 00's release so outside of going to downtown my only options for local shops are conventions, which gouge the hell out of prices. 80 bucks for MG Infinite Justice is a goddamn crime.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Holy mother of God that is the best 50 bucks I've ever spent on Gunpla... :swoon:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Anyways getting back on the subject of the upcoming HG, I'm really interested in seeing how it connects on to the Turn A. If its just a peg (and it probably will be) I can easily put it on anything I want. :getin:

Why yes, I think the Destiny needs another pair of wings. And hey, the Perfect Star Build Strike Full Package Plavsky Wing [Speed Mode] could always use something else on the back.

poo poo, I actually want to try making that last one now.

Oh god, it'd be an orgy of backheavy plastic. And it'd be beautiful. Shine on you crazy Gunpla.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm wondering what other related things I could throw on that. The IWSP from the old 1/144 Strike Rouge? The Gunbarrel from the 1/144 Dagger 105? Maybe work in the other Build Custom parts?

I'd need like six action bases to keep the thing up, and it'd be glorious. Maybe I'll pitch the idea to my club some day and see if they spring for it.

Full Armor Unicorn gatling shields and have it surf on the Infinite Justice's backpack?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Because Mao can fire it off like a hyperactive child.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I was actually wondering about Revoltechs since I just finished Full Metal Panic Sigma and really friggin' want a Laevatein figure. Just wanted to know if the Revoltech or Robot Spirits was better as far as that one goes.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ManSeriesBrofist posted:

We're getting a model kit from Koto in September.

Oooh, that sounds sexy. Has anyone managed to get their hands on an MG Build Strike yet or are they still en route?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

If I can kitbash it onto Gundams I'm good with it. Wing Batman Custom :getin:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know, I picked up a Jesta Cannon because I thought it'd be too much trouble to hunt down an Overflag.

And then I found one sitting on a shelf plain-as-day as part of the latest shipment at one of my local stores :negative:.

It's really not a bad kit, but it could've seriously used some of those soft polycaps considering Bandai got three kits out of the one design. Whoever it was that brought up theirs a while ago, mine has the same weird flaw in the hands - the right one holds either gun comfortably, but it flops out of the left. Just seems weird, as the deflector/shield/spinning-thingy can be slotted onto either arm :iiam:.

drat I was hoping the Overflag rifle would hold slightly better in the hands, I don't think anything looks worse in its hands than the Zaku Amazing's machetes, something about the Flag just doesn't like customizing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think it's the esoteric hands. They're only designed to hold the Flag weapons and nothing else.

Especially none of those dirty foreign weapons from the HRL.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bimmi posted:

Every time another person has touched my models they immediately do something stupid, like they start removing pieces or try to make it do the splits or take it off a shelf and plop it back down, only for it to immediately crash to the floor.

And no one EVER asks first. I've actually had to get shirty with people who've refused to keep their hands off, it's fuckin' ridiculous.

This only happens when my sister is inside of 4 feet of my models. Showed her my MG Astray Blue Frame and the arm just fell off, sword and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Oh god my wallet's crying in pain, HGUC Neo Zeong is happening.

• Locked thread