Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm looking for help or suggestions for making an eye patch. I'm not planning on making it myself and if someone here would make it for me that would be great. Even more ideal is if you live near Chicago and we could meet up to size it.

The patch I'm looking to get made looks like the one from Metal Gear Solid 5

The problem I've been finding is figuring out the straps. I had one made where the patch itself looks like that but because it doesn't have a sewn on strap the style in that picture isn't feasible. It also doesn't fit great since it was either made by an old Polish or old Guatemalan guy that barely spoke English and refused to do any measurements themselves. I'm also using a cheap elastic strap from JoAnn Fabrics that's started to stretch out. Its been a shitshow basically but for my first try it isn't bad. I'm basically looking for an eye patch in that style that won't stretch out. It would also need to stay in position when I'm at the gym or doing some other physical activity. I could probably also use some help sizing it since I was also figuring that out on the fly.

Some pictures of the patch I have and how it fits:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU