Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007
You don't get stronger by lifting baby weights

McPantserton posted:

for my Lich King

As in Arthas, please say as in Arthas...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

McPantserton posted:

Yes! :D That poo poo is gonna happen once I'm done with my Final Fantasy 8 costume.

:stare::swoon:
I will have to find a way to meet with you at a con in my Sylvanas. Still need to fix it up and get some pictures in it speaking of.

Progress pics on my end are kinda lame but here is the completed fem Charlie for Halloween...

At some point I may try my hand at making an accurate head but that was the best I had last minute.

I'm back tracking a little on Lina due to forgetting to add a part in the skirt but here are some shots. I am hoping the skirt still lays properly after I add the darker trim in.

I'm pretty proud of the earrings.

Prop flames.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

McPantserton posted:

Got a bunch of work done on Sorceress Edea today, woo!

I did a vector mockup of the whole thing and printed off the parts I'd need to sculpt at full scale so I could do the worbla snakes right on top of them, been working really well so far. I have not yet used a new sheet of worbla for this project at all, the whole backplate will be sculpted out of scraps that I already had.

Looking amazing as always.

That is one thing I love about worbla is that you can use it until its gone.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007
Well I am about to start up with Lapras again once I finish Hilda for PAX South. Then it's glue all the rhinestones. So question has anyone glued rhinestones before? I haven't and I figure before I just start slapping them on there I would see if anyone had tips for a first timer.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

Funhilde posted:

I have a setter similar to this. The rhinestones have glue on the back of them. It works fairly well.

http://www.amazon.com/Darice-2704-0...inestone+setter

Is that just for heat activated crystals or for both regular and heat ones?

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

Funhilde posted:

Just the heat ones as far as I know. My setter is a bit different. It is pretty easy though.

Right now I don't have heat crystals as I found the non heat ones on sale and sense I needed so many I wanted to save some money. I'm currently just using an epoxy glue to put the crystals on. This is going to take forever.

Where I am with the whole project.

The sheer blue panel will have a crystal at the center of each flower. So a total of 350 crystals just for the sheer layer. If I can find some in the right colors I will be adding them to the flowers and obi to tie it all in.
After I finish the bleaching dots on the obi I need to do some darting to it so that it has the proper shape, and make it's top layer. I'm thinking about trying to alter the dye job on the obi to brighten the blue a bit as well looking back at the reference pic it's not nearly as bright as it should be. I have quite a lot of dye correction to do on the other panels but once that is done I start drawing out and painting all of the flowers.

Here is hoping I am done by Matsuri.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Anyone here big into cosplay in Australia, and knows a reliable and inexpensive source for worbla?

I'm not from australia but I believe there are only a few vendors with it online I know US has yaya's store but it's the same price as online places.

https://www.cosplaysupplies.com/store.php?search=worbla&searchbtn.x=0&searchbtn.y=0&searchbtn=Search&s=

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

McPantserton posted:

Edea helmet is aaaaalmost ready for smoothing glue coats! After putting it all together I came to the unfortunate conclusion that the back horn is too long and will render me unable to turn my head so I'll have to fix that tomorrow but I'm really happy with it otherwise!

I'm not surprised but that is some of the smoothest worbla work I have seen, usually I see lumps and bubbles. You are perfect. :swoon:

As for my own personal progress Hilda is almost finished. Doing up all of the armor bits today so that I can paint them tomorrow. My world consists of craftfoam and plastidip. I dropped the tabard ends to the printing shop near my place they are going to vinyl print the designs onto them I get them back the day before the con so last minute attachment but it's just a straight stitch so it should be fine. After I clean up the house it's on to gluing the first 350 crystals to the front panel. Then I need to finish the base dress. I'll have two months to do everything else. Assuming the cage skirt build goes well it won't be too bad, I am thinking about just doing a cage building party supply booze and pizza to friends with heat guns and just have us all blast heat on the pipes while bending. I wish there was a place you could rent big tools for cosplay stuff like a shop you could rent for a few hours to get stuff done.

LadyRavenWaves fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 16, 2015

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007
Hilda is as done as she is getting for this con. I need to fix the pauldron edging, redo some of the belt pieces, and raise the bottom ribbon but there is just no time for all of that now. Other then that I think it came out well for being so rushed to finish it and Zelda in a few weeks. I was supposed to have more help but my friend is new so it was a lot of trial and error for her. I think she improved a lot during the process though. Hopefully we can get some cool shots together at the con so I can share better than crappy cell phone pics.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

McPantserton posted:

This turned out great!! I've been drooling over the Hyrule Warriors Zelda design and now it's getting worse, THANKS A LOT :P

Hahah I am eyeing that Hyrule Warriors Sheik design but I may put it off a while there is just so much I am hyped up about right now. Plus I don't really have anyone to do it with me here local.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007
Got some pictures back from my friend PrairieSquid. I think I did good.

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Looks amazing! Only thing I'd do next time would be maybe add some makeup or paint to the ear so it matches the skin tone a little better.

Love the embroidery on the front!

Thanks! Yea I need to work on my ear game I am so lazy about it. And the front of the tabard is actually heat press vinyl. I wanted embroidery but it was super expensive and this looks nice as well. Plus the triforce is shimmery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007

everythingWasBees posted:

Could you share what you did and what brand and such you used, because that looks absolutely amazing.
It's really not to complex I took a vector image to my local print shop and they did the rest ran me about 30 bucks. The girl that does it there is awesome and cuts me some slack when I come in and I'm like "think you can do this in a few days". If they had been cotton I would have probably just hand painted the designs on there but the paint slides on the satin and I just didn't trust myself to do it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

My mom owns like 2 or 3 multi thousand dollar embroidery machines for her hobby of making coasters and table cloths and placemats, and let me tell ya, it LOOKS embroidered. You did a hell of a job :)

Haha then success! I was hoping it wouldn't look to off.