Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I'm not into cosplay nearly as much as I used to be. The last three or four years I've been pretty much dedicated to historical costuming, and mostly for the artistry of it.
I've been doing historical costuming for years . . . could we include historical stuff here? It seems silly to start a thread for something that might have only a few people posting to it, and I'd love to share some of the things my friends and I have done. On the other hand I don't want to clog up this thread with things that people won't really be interested in.

THIZZFACE KILLA posted:

Anyway, have a lovely picture of my brother and I from today at the Ghibli cosplay event! We had a great time scaring/aweing kids :3:

Welp, this thread rules now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
A while ago in this thread I asked if this is the place to share historic/reenactment clothes as well (it is) so here's some stuff.

A 1770s-1780s gown, I have "making of" photos and instructions. It's made of printed cotton, worn over . . . well, a LOT of undergarments. And still did not get quite the effect I wanted. A friend did my hair.

A small picture of something without the right undergarments! 1820s-30s, playing with stripes. It needs something to puff up the full sleeves and a shaped petticoat to make the (too-long) skirt stand out.

Also a link to [url=http://www.virtue.to/articles/the site that started it all[/url]. Simple medieval-type stuff that might come in handy for others.