Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
There's a "Favourite Cosplay" thread in PYF where people have been posting their own work off and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Does anyone in this thread have a recommendation for a good-quality bald cap that I can order online? I plan to try making one using liquid latex, but if I bollix it up I would like to have something to fall back on so I'm not stuck with a crappy Halloween-store version at the last minute.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Excellent, thanks!

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
Maybe you could start with an actual clock kit from a hobby store, but replace the hands with gears?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
In the Halloween thread in GBS, someone recently posted a premade Grim Reaper costume that comes with glowing red glasses behind a blank black fabric mask. If you have a Walmart or Spirit store nearby, it might be worth getting one to cannibalize the glowing-eye bits.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Killer_Frost posted:

Oh my god they're so cute/scary....cuary???

"adorrifying"

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

broken pixel posted:

Test tubes: Does anyone have a good resource for some of those, preferably plastic/hard to break ones? It looks like the tubes are glowing in her official art. I've looked up a few individual submersible LEDs, but most of them are too big (1" or more wide). Are there any smaller ones I could use, submersible or not?
You can order plastic test tubes cheap from Amazon, or if you have any medical supply stores or university book/supply stores in your area it's a good bet you can find them there. I've heard of people cracking open glow sticks to use the innards for glowing props (Arkham Asylum Scarecrow), but I've never done it myself. I don't know how long the glow lasts, or visible it would be in a brightly-lit environment.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
In my experience it looks lumpy and weird. I have seen people with longer hair do a ponytail low in the back of the head tucked down their shirt, and use a bald cap with sufficient length at the back to cover it.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
You can also buy pre-quilted fabric. If you only need the visible bits you could probably get away with remnants which are cheaper. http://www.joann.com/quilted-solids-black-diamond/6670715.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I love all your work. Please never stop posting awesome crazy costumes. :allears: