Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I'll say that I can't wait to get out to ACen this year just to see your guys costumes. I've not been able to piece anything together myself, and I already hold myself to such high standards that I feel anything I'd make would look like rear end compared to the stuff in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

LadyRavenWaves posted:

Hey I have been were you are, you have to have fun and not care. Besides the artist is always the worst critic. I often times hate my costumes feeling they aren't up to my standards until my friends point out the good qualities I overlook picking out mistakes that nobody will notice.

The problem I have is that all my friends /will/ notice the flaws. Two of them are entering WCS this weekend at Katsucon, and another two run CosFu. Oh well, I found something from Sword Art Online that I want to do now, so I might have something after all.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
I saw Kirito's Knights of the Blood Oath outfit and decided then and there that I would do that outfit. For reference:

There are a few ebays up, but I'm past the point of buying something off of there that I won't know will fit properly. I'd also be aiming to make the two swords he has, and have a good idea in mind of pieces to use to craft that. It'll be my first real project and I have 4 months to complete it.

Looks like a trip to Joanns and Home Depot are in order.

For comparison, here's me as a toolbag:

My hair's considerably longer now, but I can't style it to match Kirito's, so it looks like that'll be a wig. I'll have to shave day-of and multiple times during the day. I also need to find out lengths of the pieces and go from there. Also I'll need to be doing some pattern hunting.

Eldritch BiLast fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 13, 2013

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

LadyRavenWaves posted:

For Kirito I think the most annoying part will be all that trim I just bought a foot for my machine to do stuff like that for me. Might be something you want to look into.
http://www.sewvacdirect.com/brother-sa109-binder-foot/?gdftrk=gdfV2739_a_7c861_a_7c9636_a_7cbrot_d_sa109&gclid=COy89pqttLUCFcWPPAod8TIAhQ

I hope they still make them for an ancient Sears Kenmore machine. I really need something more modern to use.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
That deadmau5 head works and gets the job done, however some of the better ones I've seen (and poached) use those green blocks of foam attached with some dowels and puttied together through the head. The inside is lined with it as well to hold a head in place. Check out my friend's facebook page, Angel Cosupray, and see if he can't provide any pointers on what to do. The deadmau5 head I got through him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
So if it's not obvious by my lack of posts, ACen is a complete wash for me, and with that is my costume plans. ColossalCon is the next one I will be at, but I'm on staff there, and won't have the time to pull the outfit out, especially since I just got my new job.

That being said, is anyone else going to be at Colossal? I'd love to do a meetup at one of those restaurants/bars at the Kalahari.