Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Coat hangers have been my go-to for that kind of thing. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Deviant posted:

they still make wire hangers?

:psyduck:

Yes...?

https://www.amazon.com/slp/wire-coat-hangers/f8wa7k4dsu4uoyb

Though if you want to skip the hangers part, you can just find 12-gauge steel wire (I believe that's right).

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

If it were me, I would just replace the entire band. Patching the existing elastic runs the risk of introducing an elastic that doesn't stretch or flex the same way as your existing band, I'd think? Could work and feel weird.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Awesome costume, you look really great!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Could you see much through the effects? How was breathing?

wait is that not actual fog and just a painted effect

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I purchased mine through my optometrist.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Aha! What are you looking for, exactly?

I would definitely stick to sites which offer prescription lenses (especially if you need the prescription). Even if you don't need the prescription, it seems to guarantee a higher quality product? Some sites out there are just so dang shady looking.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That's my best guess, at least in the US your prescription lenses have to have that FDA stamp of approval.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It adds depth and variation to the final result so that the overall look is more realistic, basically.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

https://youtu.be/5imbwoQuR_M

A quick five minute intro!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

You could also look into 3D printing but that might take that part of the creative process more out of your hands than you'd like!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

deviant is my go-to for printing needs, and also cricut needs

i have the patience for neither device

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

gently caress yeah

the face is real bad though have you considered changing that element :haw:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

that's cool as hell, really excellent work!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Very interested!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hairdryer! If those are leather, hit em with the hairdryer until they're plenty pliable, then wear them around.

Wear and tear looks best when naturally done, so try to do some hiking or poo poo once they're more broken in. If time is short, concentrate on the breaking in part, then do what you can to scuff 'em and dirty 'em up. Shaking them around in a tote bag with a bunch of dirty rocks is a good start depending on what you're going for.