Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amory
Mar 10, 2011

SHELLSHOCK, PARALYSIS, SLEEPWALKING, any Child who is Backward in Study, and BAD HABITS of any kind PERMANENTLY REMOVED, Etc.
I was hoping for some advice, if anyone can offer some: I've recently joined a limp bizkit tribute band :cool: as Wes Borland (quick link for those unaware). I love going overboard with this kind of thing and I want to to have a go at making a couple of things, but could do with some make up/DIY costume advice.

1) I've no idea what kind of make up is appropriate for stage use. At our last gig I used standard water based snazaroo stuff, which has good coverage but comes off far too easily when it gets hot on stage. In this video you can see the type of thing he uses for mass coverage. If money wasn't an option I'd just try a load and see what works, but I'd rather get it mostly right first time if I can.

2) I think this shoulder pad is awesome and I'd love to have a go at making it, but I've no idea where to start. I'm thinking some kind of paper maché based around chicken wire?

Any advise/tips would be great from those more experienced, I'll post any progress I make :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amory
Mar 10, 2011

SHELLSHOCK, PARALYSIS, SLEEPWALKING, any Child who is Backward in Study, and BAD HABITS of any kind PERMANENTLY REMOVED, Etc.
Foam sounds like a much better idea. Getting second hand sports gear is also a good idea, although I'm in the UK and I don't think there's too much american football style pads around, will check ebay etc though.