Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

MajorGravy posted:

I've started work on a new project! Gonna be making an Extreme Ghostbusters proton pack. Hoping to get this done for Supanova, later in the year.

Which Supanova mate? Only been to one (Perth a few years back) but it was quite fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

LadyRavenWaves posted:

Alright so maybe not so directly costume related. But I made a Persona outfit, just a school uniform as Kanzeon is going to take way more strength building on my part to do. But I had a cool idea for a photoshoot. There are some pretty run down areas in town and I thought if I could find/borrow/get my hands on enough old CRT monitors/tvs that I could stack them up as a wicked backdrop for photos. But finding them is proving more complicated than I thought. So how hard do you guys think it would be to make something passable like that or should I just keep collecting old ones until I have enough?

Freecycle in my city has listings of literally dozens of TVs and CRT monitors each month. Heck it's even starting to feature listings of (old) plasmas and LCDs.
Plus you never know what other cool stuff will come up either, for costuming or anything else.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Jehuti posted:

The next convention here is at the end if June so I wanted to get something ready for that. And I missed the one earlier in the year (there are only 2 conventions that I know of here in Perth...)

I have one friend who is into cosplay but everytime I show off cool cosplay dudes, they are always pretty harsh in their criticism and I lose the nerve to bring it up :ohdear:

There's 5 cons in Perth although obviously the target market differs and Supanova is the biggest and broadest.

-Waicon
-Oz Comiccon
-Genghiscon
-Swancon
-Supanova

Your harsh friend isn't Jen is she...

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Hard to tell from the pictures but wouldn't it be better to have a stencil and a silver paint rattlecan?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Faltion posted:

Sorry, being told I should immediately destroy my work or be raided by the BATFE on allegations that I've committed a crime comes off as pretty offensive to me.

You're the guy who stated he was making works for sale (and you still imply that is the case, even in your now-edited post.)
The replies have been more or less polite and factual, to help educate you and more importantly any others who might be reading.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Op Shops / Thrift Stores near me have way too many women's fashion belts in a multitude of patterns, styles and "weatheredness" for really cheap prices.

Good for Nomura cosplay.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

PSA post: had to evacuate due to a wildfire. Last thing I grabbed was my cosplay stuff because it's packed in boxes and easy to grab.

Always keep the stuff you've spent hundreds of hours on in an easy-to-grab case and place just in case, yo.

Pictured: the things that couldn't go in boxes in the bed of the truck, my Wolf Beil axe, and the dog.

(We're going home tonight, house escaped the fire by about a quarter of a mile. Good job LACFD.)

Wolf Beil buddies!
(Yours is much nicer than mine.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Haha, yeah.

Well mine is a little budget, being made out of a mop handle and a CD-ROM drive case, but I was relatively pleased with how the carved MDF came out at the time. It was definitely a Halloween- rather than a con- Hector. :) (I think technically it was a "Lords & Ladies" party.)

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I expect that my fridge is going to become a collector's item now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Is this thread dead? Happy Halloween!