Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I saw a set of some BRIO stuff being sold on Craigslist for what felt like an absurdly cheap price a couple of days ago, and I had to talk myself out of thinking that collecting and setting up what would become a gigantic BRIO layout in the basement is exactly what I needed to be doing.

Content:

Razzles weren't exactly unique to the 90s, but the invitation to cop some mega-prizes sure as hell is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

JediTalentAgent posted:

There's a thing simply called "The Ultimate Portable Game Player" on Amazon for like $50 and at Sam's Club for like $40 that looks like a pretty good modern take on the Nomad. About 80 games on it, probably about 30-40 or so being Genesis games, I think.

Amazon.com Product Description posted:

MEGA MAN BONUS GAMES: • Cross the road • Jack's Pea • Jewel Magic • Curling 2010 • Fish Story • Mahjong • Warehouse Keeper • Chess • Memory • Snake • Air Hockey • Spider • Naval Power • Mr. Balls • Cannon • Fight or Lose • Bottle Taps Race • Bomber • Checker • Hexagonos • Reaction Match • Whack-A-Wolf • Mirror Mirror • Memory Match • Tresure Hunt • Fire Fly Glow • Panic Lift • Black Sheep • Space Hunter • Flash Memory • Table Magic • Color Puzzle • Brain Switch • Mega Brain Switch • Bulls and Cows • Logic Dial • Match Eleven • Formula Challenge • Sudoku Quiz • Dominant Color

Those sound delightfully crappy.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Kevyn posted:

Scruff McGruff, Chicago, Illinois, 60652

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

I have a request for this thread.

When I was 5 or 6, so early 90's, I had a toy that I loved but it's long since been thrown out and I can't find any trace of it on the internet. It was a toy where you build robots that are piloted by little yellow men out of modular parts that you can reassemble any way you like, a little like a cross between Zoids and Lego. I had a smaller one and it was a bipedal robot with a shovel and a drill for arms. It was black, green and orange. I don't remember the name or if there was any associated cartoon, but I remember that the packaging was a lot fancier than a typical Chinese knockoff toy so I think they were at least somewhat popular. There was a big picture on the back of some of the other kits in a scifi base/factory setting.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? My Google-fu is failing me on this one.

Robotix

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

spleen merchant posted:

I know exactly the ones you're talking about - they weren't like lego etc and made out of bricks but out of whole modular components you could put together to make different space vehicles. They had little transparent canopies on the cockpits and there was definitely a drill tank type thing. I have the impression that they weren't based off any show or made by one particular brand and they were fairly cheap. You'd buy a blister pack with a bunch of different bits in it.

I have become weirdly obsessed with figuring this out.

Wheeled Warriors, maybe? Here's a couple of blister packs that sound like your description:

And here's the drill tank:

• Locked thread