Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

tehschulman posted:

I haven't had a cable TV hookup in like 7 years but the TV Guide channel is probably unruly as hell these days with hundreds of channels being available. BACK IN MY DAY you could watch the TV Guide/Prevue channel and see all the listings in 5 minutes.

Still though I clearly remember sitting there for 5 minutes waiting for a certain channel to come up then without fail would be distracted or what not and miss it.

Nth Doctor posted:

Hackers owns. I work "Hacking the Gibson" into casual conversation all the time. :colbert:

Me too! My wireless network is actually called the Gibson.

Also thanks to whoever posted that link way back when to make your own homemad Gak. I look forward to having weird residue on my hands after I make a bunch of fart sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

These babies and drumsticks were easily the best kid ice cream treats ever.

Can't mention the Flinstones without mentioning these:

10 million strong...and growwwingggg.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
We had the glow in the dark Domino Rally and thought life could not get any cooler.

Also you RUN, you SLIDE, you HIT THE BUMP and TAKE A DIVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YZ-geHfLu0
Watch out for the Croc!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

simosimo posted:

The Crash Dummies gameboy game was also brilliant.

I got this game for Christmas when I was a kid and it was great. It was ALWAYS there when I wasn't in the mood to play anything else and was always rewarding. That drat space ship level was a bitch though, but a fun bitch, the Maelstrom type one.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
If an ice cream struck rolled up to my place of work, this is still what I would order. Then maybe a drumstick, fudgecicle, and so on.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

umalt posted:

I know that American Smarties (also known by their true name, Rockets :colbert:) are different from Canadian ones, I'm just being cheeky

Damnit. I'm not too far into my Monday morning and my mind has already been blown. Rockets seem to make much more sense as a name, but considering how many Smarties (American) I got from getting haircuts or parents going through the bank drive through as a kid, they will always be Smarties to me.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
That picture has really made my day, thanks! Also Mr E is a playa for marrying Laura Innes agreed!!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

DesperateDan posted:

I loved the poo poo out of that show as a kid, but being in the UK I only ever seemed to get episodes from the first two seasons. I grow older, and manage to pirate the remaining three seasons.

I wish I hadn't :( It was never great, but gently caress if they didn't manage to utterly ruin it with alien rapecamps and most of the main cast leaving.

One of my best friends met the guy who played Remmie at an airport once. He said his hair was gleaming a mile away and is still pissed he didn't get the balls up to say something to him. Sliders kicked so much rear end. Looking back on it it is pretty drat Dr Who-ish, but I guess it's a pretty simple reset every episode friendly formula so it doesn't bother me too much.

The combined Quinn and his brother (new actor of course) was awful and I couldn't stand him. Thankfully ol Cryin Man was still around at that point

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Metal Loaf posted:

I've heard that one of the reasons Fox passed on pursuing a new Doctor Who series in 1996 after the TV movie starring Paul McGann was because they decided to renew Sliders for a third season instead. I actually own all five seasons of Sliders on DVD (I also have all the Highlander sequels :v:) because when I became interested in the series, I found a guy on eBay who was selling the entire series for about £20 and got the lot at once. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me.

Actually, I've recently been watching a whole lot of Highlander: The Series. It's got to be one of the ultimate campy nineties genre shows: I think only Hercules: The Legendary Journeys and Xena: Warrior Princess are campier and nintieser. I recognise more guest stars than I have on any other series. There's an episode where Anthony Stewart Head is using an American accent and it's a bit :stare: to be honest.

Yeah! I scored the Highlander TV series (probably bootleg) at a flea market years ago along with Quantum Leap and I've watched them both several times so rock on. Speaking of 90s shows, one of the hardest shows to track down copies of that I was finally able to score not too long ago, freaking First Wave. I love love love the Outer Limits-esqueness of it and how dark yet 90s campy everything is, it's great.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Tamayachi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhaWNbDOX9Y

I just saw an image of that show today and it took me back, way back.

BONUS 90s commercials including YIKES pencils!

I think of the Boney theme way too often and maybe 1 in 1,000,000 people know what I'm talking about so right on.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Iron Crowned posted:

I saw a live taping of it once. I was featured heavily in audience reaction shots, sadly this did not bode well for me in middle school.

Was it like the time Doug went on that little kid's show?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

King Vidiot posted:

Write to me, Stick Stickley, PO Box 963. New York City, New York State, 10108!

Yes!!!!

I will forever know New York City's zip code because of that jingle.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

zandert33 posted:

I hate to break it to you, but NYC actually has a ton of different zip codes, that's just one.

Totally, even my little town has several zip codes. And I'm sure Beverly Hills does too, but doesn't change the fact one of them is 90210.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Kevyn posted:

Scruff McGruff, Chicago, Illinois, 60652

Speaking of 90s fellow Illinoisian, see if you remember this classic:

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

John Liver posted:

Now, Bubblicious on the other hand...

That poo poo tight.

That gum was cool, but I remember begging my Mom to buy this for me at the grocery store...and usually I was successful!

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

De Nomolos posted:

Anyone with any exposure to Chicago as a kid has one goal: to play the Bozo Grand Prize Game. This one's from Michigan, but it was the same sort of game everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9IMebdCT6s

Can anyone else remember all the prizes kids would usually get? I remember UNO cards, the Radio Flyer, a meal at the Burger King at the top of the Sears Tower, and the bike.

Yes! I live closer to St Louis but I still watched the Bozo Show every morning before school as a kid. Prizes I remember:

- brand new crisp $100 bill (so dope)
- mountain bike
- COWBOY BOOTS

I used to love when a 13 year old boy scout would get on there (normally it was a 5-7 year old) and totally kick the games rear end.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I used to watch the poo poo out of GGI when I would stay home sick from school or for other whatever reason been off and able to watch Nick Jr.

I still clearly remember watching Ranger Mike teach whats his name's son how to put a crab to sleep by waving his hand in front of them. Also cool as poo poo that Ron and Natalie were married on the show and in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Morn posted:

Anyone else put up with the roast beef sandwiches to get all of the Apollo 13 Saturn V pog holder from Hardee's?

Hell yes I did! I've still got mine laying around. It's in the same jar I keep all of my fancy/special/rare coins in. It's funny seeing silver dollars, half dollars, special pennies/nickels, then an Apollo XIII coin or a Lucky Charms Olympics coin.

• Locked thread