Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I was looking at getting an Audi with red leather seats but I was at the autoshow on Friday and noticed that the cars with red seats had a ton of blue staining on them from jeans. Is there an effective way to prevent this (other than not wearing jeans) or at least an easy way to clean it off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Josh Lyman posted:

I'm reading online that I should wash my car every week?
I just take my car through the touchless car wash at the gas station whenever I'm there which is about once a week.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Suggestions for taking spray wax off of glass?

I take my car to touch less car washes in the winter and, unfortunately, they all seem to bundle “paint protector” with the under car wash (my city uses tons of salt in the winter). I’ve noticed that after a few washes the wipers will start to squeak. I’ve tried clean and replacing the wiper blades and cleaning the glass but it doesn’t seem to help.

I’ve read a few articles that said to wash the glass with Coke or Pepsi but I really don’t want to be pouring that all over my car.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Thank you.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

wesleywillis posted:

3-4Gs huh? I'm in Canada, so it'll probably be more like 5-6, which I've already been preparing myself for. I should have the budget for that.
I’m in Canada and I was quoted $5500 to completely wrap my new car.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

smooth jazz posted:

So I just had my car corrected and coated with this newfangled ceramic self healing coating called Revivify.

Apparently light scratches and swirl marks will self heal when exposed to heat, including parking in the sun.

It's a newer product which seems to be gaining traction in Canada mostly. Several reputable shops have switched to this coating so I figured what the hell.

Anyways the car certainly looks like a candy black gloss bomb now.

Washed it and didn't detect a single new swirl mark in the fresh correction which was nice.

When drying with my leaf blower, water flew off the panels faster than i've ever experienced.

Anyways, time will tell if this coating delivers. I'm very happy with it for now.

How long did it take for the correction and application? I don’t drive very much but I’ve been thinking about getting a coating.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Digital_Jesus posted:

$7200 for a full pickup wrap sounds maybe high but not unreasonable.
Plus it’s C$7200 (including taxes) which is about US$5500.

I was quoted C$6000 (cash) to do my car and that included a Ceremic Pro “Gold Package”

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

opengl128 posted:

I'm sure they have other products that are fine. But gently caress traditional armor all, always and forever. Greasy nasty stuff. Nearly got into an accident test driving a used car once because it somehow ended up on the pedals.
There was a post about 10 - 12 years ago from someone who was complaining about Armor All because they decided to put it on the treads of their tires (I think it was a Lexus IS) and they crashed the car.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

When it rains my backup camera becomes almost useless because it's so blurry from all the water on it. I'm wondering if something like Aquapel on the lens would help.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Krakkles posted:

I Rain-X'd my Nest doorbell for the same reason, it worked well.
Cool, thanks.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Any suggestions for something to clean painted exhaust tips? I see a lot of cleaner and polisher combos but I don’t want anything abrasive.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Probably should have used a black tip on that pressure washer.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I used the Sylvania Headlight Restoration kit a couple of years ago on a 10 year old car and the results were fantastic. I'd say like 90% as good as new. It comes with everything you need (including a UV resistant sealer).

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

It might be acetone. I saw someone do something similar a few years ago to smooth rough plastic.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

meatpimp posted:

Porter Cable is a zombie brand now, owned by the Stanley Black and Decker monolith. I don't know what they're selling now, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
Apparently this happened back in 2004. I thought it was more recently.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

What does everyone like for tire cleaner and tire shine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm not looking for anything super shiny so I might try Adam's VRT