Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexides posted:

However, I could be proven wrong soon, but if it turns out to be a smooth ride all the way to the Moon, I will be disappointed.

The moon is the easy part, he said he was going to Mars to stay one step ahead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

linall posted:

new space-born colonies alleviated the Earth's overpopulation problems

I'm not sensing this ending well in anime land.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Morgenthau posted:

That was an unexpected reveal. From the way the series was going I was expecting Kenji was going to be Mutta's rival for Serika of sorts.

Me too and I'm glad they didn't, had enough of anime love triangles at the moment.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My litmus test for a good show, I think I'm only five minutes into an episode when it ends. Happened with the last with the last few of Space Bros.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Breaky posted:

I thought it was fairly well established that the kid is just a plant. The director and the others kinda mentioned "oh now that he's openly expressing doubt etc we'll be able to get more honest reactions out of team A. I guess the way it was all spoken it seemed to me like he was just there to shake things up, not actually a real candidate at all.

Pretty sure they were just making a general observation. Also, as mentioned before, we've heard his internal monologue and it's inconsistent with him being a plant.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not a big fan of the actual music in the new OP but I completely lost it at Mutta's 'fro eclipsing the sun.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I also liked how they were picking the pieces up and trying to fit them together in mid-air, maybe Japanese people don't do jigsaw puzzles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I did expect the whole alarm thing to be more about 'Hey, there's this weird noise in a space capsule, maybe we should find out what's causing it in case it's something bad.' than just trying to sow discord.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man, I love this show.

I'll admit to tearing up a bit when Makabe realised what 'ka-pei' meant.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's also the live-action movie in the works, hopefully that will up the anime versions profile.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Black Stones posted:

The Japanese live action movie? That already came out. Or is there another one? That's the only one I was aware about.

I didn't realise it had already been released, oh well. :sigh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mutta's hat hair was the best.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty sure they originally said that had three spots available which is why it was always going to be Kenji, Serika and Mutta.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ASCANS is a really unfortunate contraction.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Since the show's run was extended from what they had originally planned I'm guessing they needed a few weeks breathing room.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OddObserver posted:

Trying to catch up with this now; which #s are the recaps?

The current episode and the last two so 53, 54 and 55.

VVVV As I was typing that a brief flicker of doubt crossed my mind but I completely forgot to open up CR and check. :v:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 21, 2013

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

paragon1 posted:

Did they really need to spend 3 minutes recapping the previous episode?

This episode was almost up to recent One Piece episode levels of 6+ minutes before anything new happens. I wonder how far along the anime series is in the manga and when it's going to start running out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

paragon1 posted:

They're probably quite innocently unaware of the unfortunate history there. Probably.

Also, I think this is the first anime I've seen where they actually bother to give a character an actual illness instead of the dreaded Unspecified ConditionTM.

The death toll for Anime Coughing Disease must be in the millions by now.

• Locked thread