Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Cucumber Quest is one of my favorite comics. The one liners below the comic are really good even though she just comes up with them on the spot when uploading. Apparently she's planning on having a book, but the comments won't be in them :(

quote:

When (if?) the Cucumber Quest books are printed, will you find a way to incorporate your commentary one-liners at the bottom of the pages? The story just wouldn’t be the same without it

I’ve been asked this a few times, and I’m a little surprised that the author’s comments are so well-liked considering that they’re all afterthoughts. Really, I come up with those on the spot when I’m uploading each page just so that the “comment” box has something in it.

I’m glad people like them so much! But I don’t have any plans to put them in the book. Including them at this point would mean reformatting all of the pages I’ve already put together, but the bigger issue is that I just think they’d be out of place. I mentioned this on twitter, but when I imagine a printed book with sarcastic one-liners on every single page, it makes me cringe a little bit.

So…I’m sorry, and I hope you understand! I want the CQ book to be the best I can make it, and I feel like this is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

weavernaut posted:

Cucumber Quest is one of my favourite comics right now. :3:

It's good to know all fabulous people love Cucumber Quest, as it is pretty fabulous itself :v:

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
God drat weavernaut who the hell did you piss off enough that they keep spending money to buy you angry red titles?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Lance Streetman posted:

I'd love this one, but I just got this thing not to long ago. I should probably keep it for a little while.

I'm thinking of getting it myself, but I may want a Dongan Ronpa av sometime later and I still like this one and aaaa why it so hard :(

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

CuddlyZombie posted:

I want that hardcover so bad but there is NO way I'll be able to pledge upwards of 80 dollars. :smith:

Yeah I prefer hardcover to softcover but that is quite a bit of money for me.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Edit: Wait a minute, is Bagel's cellphone a candybar?

Man it must be difficult in this world not to eat your possessions by accident.

I've been waffling over if I should pay $85 for the hardcover but after thinking about it I can go for the lower $25 softcover because I want in on this so much.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This is a completely reasonable concern presented in a reasonable way, and Gigi responded with an equally reasonable and respectful answer.

This isn't "getting poo poo for it" at all, especially since she explicitly requested that if anyone having issue with the punchline bring it up with her.

No you see, Tumblr.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

chaos rhames posted:

Anyone remember that time they laughed at a pun?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Oh my god this is cutest thing :3: