Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Space-Bird posted:

Oh man. Nightmare Knight just showed up...and he doesn't seem too happy about Splashmaster's bitchin' crown. ...I think stuff is about to get real.

"Limbo King" implies that Splashmaster is the best at limbo. This is unacceptable; the Nightmare Knight is the best at EVERYTHING. Next comic will feature a limbo throwdown between the two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The colors in Cucumber Quest are always wonderful, but I really liked the use of color in panels 2 and 5. There's a great sense of the sunrise in panel 3 throughout the rest of the page.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I can't get over how great Crabbro is. He sees the world through bro-vision.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Here's a bro tip: new page is up, bros.

Also, my book and prints arrived a few days ago, and they are wonderful.

Edit: Also, it looks like previous speculation that Nautilus can't swim and that the comically large drain spell would come into play immediately were spot on.

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 8, 2012

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-250/

YAYYYYY!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I think that is a valid complaint, Splashmaster.

I love those first two panels.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

pandaK posted:

But where does the drain go :tinfoil:

A giant's drinking horn?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
291!

I love how understated and composed the Nightmare Knight is. It's a wonderful device for increasing the menace.

Edit: Also, the use of color is, as usual, wonderful.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I get the feeling he knows exactly how it should be pronounced and just doesn't want to miss a chance to make someone profoundly unhappy (since, y'know, allies won't be smote until after all the heroes and such are taken care of).

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The only thing the Nightmare Knight cares about this situation is that the tiny rabbit people aren't being so drat noisy now. It's like two pigeons fighting over a piece of food on your windowsill; it doesn't matter which pigeon ends up with the food as long as they SHUT UP.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Special Announcement!

gigi posted:

If you like my art, please consider checking out the Benign Kingdom Kickstarter! It’s a publishing project dedicated to showcasing the art of independent comic artists like me. I’ll be having an art book printed for spring 2013, along with fantastic illustrators Emily Carroll, Tyson Hesse and Phil McAndrew. I’m very excited!

Also, since a few people have asked recently, Book One of Cucumber Quest is still available in the shop. USPS shipping prices have increased a bit for 2013, but! If you enter the promotional code “getpaid” at checkout from now until February 11th, you’ll get 10% off your order.

That coupon code is Cabbage-approved.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The visual parallels with Jet Set/Grind Radio have already been made (especially re: Noisemaster's design), but I've been really reminded of the fantastic use of color and patterns/screentones (especially to depict light and shadow) in the recent Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series.

I don't think that there's a direct link, but I will welcome any crazy, hyper-saturated, neon craziness that I come across.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I'm hoping that Bacon sets off on his own all disconsolately and as the story progresses he keeps appearing in the backgrounds way off in the distance having crazy adventures foisted upon him that are way more ridiculous than what's happening to the main party.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

... Okay, no. There is no way they can take this guy. Not even through comical misadventures. Comical Misadventures are powerful stuff, but that, right there, is a tiny sun.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

The Lone Badger posted:

Double-Knight was totally going to vaporise Cucumber, only he lost interest halfway through and just sort of let go of the fireball. I mean, what's the point?

Reminds me of Emperor Doom. Doom manages to mind control the entire world. After the Avengers break free, they're about to destroy the mind-control device. Little do they know that Doom is about to flood the room with a deadly neurotoxin! Except...

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Even thought it wouldn't make any sense, I am still disappointed that you weren't referring to Crabbro.

EDIT: Couldn't get this idea out of my head, so I ended up making this quick and dirty edit.

"Crabbro tries to help out."

Zero_Tactility fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 6, 2013

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

HelloWinter posted:

What if Cucumber Quest... was anime?!

\
YES. More Cucu's Bizarre Quest!

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
In which our heroes feel uncertain.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Chard posted:

I can't help but read Mr. R like a character out of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

He's burly and fabulous. He'd fit right in with the cast of one of the earlier parts of Jojo.

Also, the bits of tape on "Marigold"'s ears are a nice touch.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Lord is his first name.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
*~wink~*

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Yep, hyperrealism in cartoony art certainly isn't joke that has been used in comics and cartoons for decades.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I know this was mentioned when it was first acquired, but Caboodle's stolen sunflower outfit is so good.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

TwoPair posted:

YA BOY CUCUMBER'S ABOUT TO GET LOUD
Beastie Boys effect still workin

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Tollymain posted:

rip rosemaster, the most fabulous of us all
We still have Commander Caboodle and his amazing sunflower outfit, so second most-fabulous is still with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
That was cool and good, and I enjoyed it very much.