Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-270/

A masterful splash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

You got me all excited for a double-sized splash page, but things were a little more literal.

I hope Nautilus got over her fear of swimming while she had that air bubble to help.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Page 271!

Gosh, how I adore that bottom left panel.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Page 272's up.

Panels 4 and 5 are pretty cleverly done, I gotta say.

the2ndgenesis
Mar 18, 2009

You, McNulty, are a gaping asshole. We both know this.
<cue Hans Zimmer theme>

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-273/

HURGL

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Almond, what did you expect? He's a giant squid and you're like a 40 pound bunny girl. :colbert:

Poor Liquus though. He's been knocked around so much lately.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good, Almond will finally learn that she's not actually able to take on everything with just spunk and a sword.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Time for Cucumber's magic to shine~

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Regy Rusty posted:

Good, Almond will finally learn that she's not actually able to take on everything with just spunk and a sword.

You... you take that back!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Initially page 269 wasn't showing up for me, so for about a week I just thought Splashmaster broke the Limbo Zone by thinking really hard.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
Just got my book in, gonna be a gift for my little 6-year-old cousin who's just learning to read. I think I may have gotten the best sketch ever too???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Superstring posted:

You... you take that back!

I will not. :colbert: Almond and Cucumber both have things to learn on this journey, whether they realize it yet or not.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Quick, Cucumber! Drain the sea away, or your friends will drown!

I don't know whether the bathtub spell will be useful soon, or whether it'll wait until the readers have forgotten about it before becoming instrumental in the grand finale against the Nightmare Knight.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-274/

THE TIME IS UPON US!

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Okay I know that it's been said like every other post but goddrat this comic has some great faces.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She truly is the master of facial expressions.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Isn't the physics gonna be 100% against them, trying to pull a drain under like 40 vertical feet of water?

Maybe Almond will cut the stopper in half.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

rotinaj posted:

Isn't the physics gonna be 100% against them, trying to pull a drain under like 40 vertical feet of water?

Magic.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

rotinaj posted:

It'd also be incredibly dangerous (like, almost unavoidably lethal) to be in there as it drains. But that'd be no fun so, yeah, magic and cartoon rules.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

The problem with that is...

Gigi DG posted:

Of course, if you want the power to remove a comically oversized bathtub drain from any surface, that’s a totally different capsule.

So I wonder what kind of clever solution will they come up with. I have to say that so far the battle against Splashmaster has been a lot more challenging that I expected it to be.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Cuco is having a hard time coming to terms with the extent to which the universe demands he shut off his logic valve and play by its incredibly silly rules.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Wili posted:

So I wonder what kind of clever solution will they come up with.

Turns out the clever solution was pulling on it.

MAGIC!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-275/

Cuco in the top right panel... :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, there were two ways to do that and have it work.

Have it be hideously overcomplex and contain an explanation of the physics behind it, or just use cartoon logic and say "Almond is strong, Cucumber helped, it came out".

I am totally okay with this outcome, as it means we get to the important part quickly.

Also...

rotinaj posted:

this spell will allow Cucumber to be a total badass

Maybe it'll happen someday down the road, but it'll pay off, because Cucumber rules

WHO CALLED IT, HELL YES

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

Turns out the clever solution was pulling on it.

MAGIC!
Pretty sure the spell description thing was referring to making the drain go away when you're done with it, not opening it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love the Gigi literally says "leave your logic at the door" in the description.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh so THAT'S how it works. This whole time I was thinking it makes JUST the plug, without a hole. I was so confused about the usefulness of the spell in a place where they don't need to actually plug anything.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I'm now wondering if you could get the Extremely Specific And Pretty Much Completely Worthless Capsule Spell Machine under the Trade Descriptions Act.

Then again, I guess "Pretty Much" does give it enough legal wiggle room.

Also no-one would actually want to complain if their spell actually did do something useful, so hey.

Now we just need to find out what the pizza spell does. Maybe Splashmaster is lactose-intolerant?

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Dec 3, 2012

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Haven't posted in here yet, but I just want to say this comic is really pretty and the faces are hilarious. An absolute treat every time a new page is posted.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wili posted:

The problem with that is...

So I wonder what kind of clever solution will they come up with. I have to say that so far the battle against Splashmaster has been a lot more challenging that I expected it to be.

I read that as removing the drain, not the stopper. In other word, it's a completely different capsule to dispel the "add oversized drain" capsule.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kikas posted:

Oh so THAT'S how it works. This whole time I was thinking it makes JUST the plug, without a hole. I was so confused about the usefulness of the spell in a place where they don't need to actually plug anything.

But where does the drain go :tinfoil:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

pandaK posted:

And where does the air come from in the bubbles Cuco makes for swimming? I need facts here. :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

pandaK posted:

The limbo dimension. DUH.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

pandaK posted:

Leave your logic at the door.

Alternatively, outside.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

pandaK posted:

Magic.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

pandaK posted:

A giant's drinking horn?

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

pandaK posted:

The... ocean?

Specto
Jun 28, 2010
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-276/
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-277/

Is it just me, or is there a little bit of sky in the upper right corner of 276? Aren't they still in the cave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Specto posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-276/
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-277/

Is it just me, or is there a little bit of sky in the upper right corner of 276? Aren't they still in the cave?

Also, it was night outside, so... presumably leftover from the Limbo Dimension?