Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
So... uhhh...

The "dangerous space criminal" was probably Saturday.

Why else would he have landed directly on her with his perfect calibration?

Now he's going to go to Caketown Castle, get stomped by Cordelia, and Saturday will have to thanks Nautilus and Cucumber for saving her from space prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Solaris Knight posted:

Tomato's enough of a jerkface to the point where I'm rooting for the eldrich villain of darkness.

I have a soft spot for eldritch villians of darkness.

Nightmare Knight is basically the best dude in the comic. In the everything.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Holy.

gently caress.

YES!

Coming up is going to be the best dialog ever because I love Big Double Night and Cuco.

OR Mezzo is going to freakout, opening his big door-mouth to scream, and Cucumber and Nautilus will run though.

life_source
May 11, 2008

majormonotone posted:

New comic!!

I absolutely love that last panel. Nautilus and Cucumber have the best expressions :3:

Cucumber is legitimately still frightened from the Nightmare Knight encounter.

Nautilus is just getting caught up in Carrot's dramatic speech.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Razorwired posted:

Panel 7 is awesome. Even when enraged Nautilus doesn't lose her :swoon: eyes.

And you never lost the sparkles in your eyes...

No matter how much you wished I would die...

EDIT: We should all also take a moment to enjoy the excellent use of colour and lighting this comic has.

Nautilus is turning the entire doused, dark stage red with her righteous fury.

life_source fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 14, 2013

life_source
May 11, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah that's how I'm reading it too.

I am betting Noisemaster is utterly, profoundly sick of this poo poo.

He needs to be our Geno :haw:

There are two ways this can go:

"I am also sick of this poo poo and am using my Space Sound Lazor Cannon to destroy the Nightmare Knight so I can be the Number One."

or

"I am also sick of this poo poo but you need my power/essence/icon in order to properly free the Nightmare Knight. Let's have a boss battle anyways!"

And I highly doubt we will get any of the Disaster Master's as party members. This is looking like a 4 man team.

Maybe Nautilus will get a cool new summon? I think that is her role.

its pronounced ♥♪!?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Zereth posted:

He wants to take over the world, not take over a pile of rubble.

This seems a lot more viable, but maybe not far enough.

The Nightmare Knight seems to be against harming innocents. He shoo's off Tomato from harassing Parfait, and I could see him not wanting an entire capital and it's inhabitants vaporized. Just causing general destruction and unrest ala Splashmaster is fine. All he did was smash some buny hows. Is there an official death count added to that?

Noisemaster on the other hand is breaking the cycle by pulling the gloves off. He's so sick of this that he is willing to kill to break himself out of the endless grind. He wants to play for keeps, but the Nightmare Knight is unwilling to allow that to happen. He has a weird code or sense of honour, and it does not allow wanton murder.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Of course Nightmare Knight would choose the star patterned blouse.

life_source
May 11, 2008

IMJack posted:

Speaking of upgrades, Nautilus still needs a new phone Royal Summoning Device.

Also what's the pool on how Cosmo is going to send the party careening to their death this time?

I'm hoping Nautilus gets the fire instruments as her next summon.

And air ballon.

life_source
May 11, 2008

What's getting me is that the banner and background haven't changed.

This looks like some serious Disaster Master stuff, but we're still in the intermission. So is all this stuff not as important as it looks?

life_source
May 11, 2008

summon the fire instruments

life_source
May 11, 2008

I found the opposite. I find panels 3 and 4 to be really powerful out of all the pages in this powerful pastel-coloured webcomic

life_source
May 11, 2008

So this pretty much confirms memory changing shenanigans are going on.

life_source
May 11, 2008

WarpedNaba posted:

I really am looking forward to the breaking of the team. I think I might be a horrible person.

There will be no breaking of the team. Cucumber will have to be more discrete in his Nightmare Knight dealings, but Almond is pretty easily distracted. Carrot is a buffoon, but is good and harmless and will do as he is told. Nautilus might also be strictly anti-Nightmare, but she can be swayed with some kind words.

Cucumber needs to be smart about this, which he is. It might take 5 more worlds, but our precious little Nightmare Squire will take his rightful place at his master and friends side and they will destroy the Dream Oracle and bring about true peace to the world of Dreamside before phasing off into the endless darkness to learn true power.

It took me 1 minute to re-find "Dreamside" and 5 more minutes to stop re-reading the whole comic from the beginning.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Please people.

Gigi is just trolling you, as is her way.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I get the feeling Rosemaster knows already.

And doesn't care.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Gruckles posted:

Well Cordelia is a Queen from the Space Kingdom, and Peridot claims that she's technically a princess because of it...

haha what

no

life_source
May 11, 2008

He's a catmans though, so he can't be a bunnymans princess.

life_source
May 11, 2008

It's pretty obvious that this is the "accessory" they are talking about.

How could Rosemaster be wiping peoples memories with something she doesn't have?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Scene ends with bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad

life_source
May 11, 2008

It probably has some kind of barrier around it that prevents villians from taking it.

This is also probably why Nautilus is "a threat" to Rosemaster's plan. As someone who has preserved knowledge from ancient times, she would know what the trophy does, and why it would be weird for a fashion mogul to want it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Zereth posted:

Isn't it the Moon Kingdom?

I think the Space Kingdom IS the moon, but is still the Space Kingdom.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Hmmm... I agree.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Interesting ask from a while ago:

"Ask.fm posted:

If Noisemaster eats the Hocus Crocus does that just mean twice as dead?
i will try to answer this question genuinely. if noisemaster used the 2-year hocus crocus it would probably put him somewhere between rosemaster as she is now and the crystal kingdom's DM in terms of power. mutemaster would probably surpass the crystal kingdom DM. incidentally, if splashmaster used it, it wouldn't help him. he can't figure out how to use magic anyway.

So in terms of power,

7. Splashmaster
6. Noisemaster
5. Mutemaster
4. Rosemaster
3. Crystal Kingdom DM
2. Glitchmaster
1. Nightmare Knight

With it being roughly a three ranking increase for using the Hocus Crocus. So Rosemaster is either as powerful, or more powerful that Glitchmaster right now.

life_source fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 2, 2015

life_source
May 11, 2008

Paul.Power posted:

There's also the Sky Kingdom's DM as well, who I guess will show up between Crystal Kingdom and Glitchmaster.

WELP. Ignore me. I'm an idiot and an rear end in a top hat.

I mostly posted that because I was wondering if Rosemasterx2 was actually an equal to Glitchmaster, or if Cucumer and Carrot would run on the Glitch master saying "You disappoint me... Thornmaster." while formatting her.

And Gigi posted another ask that was from before this page that confirms any kind of power ranking system is basically DBZ levels of meaningless.

life_source
May 11, 2008

hell hath no fury like a magical bunny girl scorned

How will Rosemaster's power transfer over to a spell Cucumber can use? Or will he just get [Horrible Thorn Spike] spell instead?

EDIT: vvvvv

All I want from Gigi are costume changes.

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 18, 2015

life_source
May 11, 2008

It will probably be a combo take down from Our Four Heroes, Peridot, Caboodle, and the Guardener.

Also the Hocus Crocus might actually be embedded/growing from her hand?

ALSO I love how the change from thorns to roses basically is no change whatsoever. She's exactly the same.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Tulul posted:

I assume she's using "heroes" in the same way you would include Luigi with Mario. You know, gold star for effort.

Anyway I really doubt we'll ever get a "Almond is the hero" moment because the whole point of the comic is that Almond is wrong. 99 other people tried to solve this problem by hitting it with swords and they all completely failed. Cucumber's the real hero (who will presumably break the cycle) because he's able to empathize with others and talk things out instead of immediately jumping to stabbing.

Does this count?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Just turn around and run back to the area entrance.

She will slowly follow you, reach the end of a cliff, try to jump at your position, fail, and fall in the abyss.

Easy game, easy life.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Gigi has repeated stated that she wants Cucumber Quest to be all ages so I'm 100% positive we are not going to have Rosemaster's long delicate fingers dripping with blood.

I'm pretty sure Carrot will do SOMETHING, even if it isn't really... meaningful? Maybe just acting as a decoy for even 10 seconds will let Almond cut herself free.

I am predicting that the Guardener will show up to try and even the scales. Maybe his Guardlings will be able to defend against status effects, allowing the whole team to be awake and contribute?

life_source
May 11, 2008

BuhamutZeo posted:

Wait a second...did Rosemaster use the crocus to absorb Glitchmaster? :psyboom: Cause suddenly I see GM's theme applied with RM's style ever since that.

Glitchmaster's "theme" is the comic's code and art actually becoming corrupt and falling apart.

Rosemaster DX has just added Noir lighting.

life_source
May 11, 2008

CrashCat posted:

It doubles as a handy allegory for why you should never use Twitter tumblr

FTFY

The Nightmare Knight's star sparkles invade everything.

life_source
May 11, 2008

trash. its trash is what you are

im definitely not tearing up at this sappy bullshit right now

life_source
May 11, 2008

:stare:

life_source
May 11, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait hold on... are we actually gonna have a fight this time? It's not gonna be slapstick or cut short? Are we getting our first real fight where there are stakes and danger and poo poo?

VS Splashmaster was a real fight.

And I'm not talking about the limbo.

life_source
May 11, 2008

In which a murder is committed. Gigi sure is taking this comic to a weird place from what it used to be.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Yeah guys... I was actually talking about Almond murdering Carrot.

How could you possibly think that Garbageman Trashmaster Carrot could do anything, even with the [Power of Love] and [Armour of Having A Soulmate]?

Get ready for Rosemaster Quest, where she uses a mind-controlled Almond to murder everyone and become the new Nightmare Knight.

life_source
May 11, 2008

:boom:

Rosemaster continues her run of slaying everyone, all the time, constantly.

life_source
May 11, 2008

youcallthatatwist posted:

I think that's what's bothering me about this scene. I don't want to sound petty, but... to me, Rosemaster kind of seems like the author's pet character at this point. She's beautiful, smart, strong, secretly benevolent, and she only commits evil acts because she's selfless and cares about NK. Hell, she's literally being bathed in angelic white light right now. It feels like I'm being beaten over the head with how absolutely wonderful she is.

I'm reading this post and just... boggling.

Of course this is the situation.

This is probably the situation for everyone.

Rosemaster owns, and everyone knows it.

EDIT: And she's dying in like... ten pages? maybe? so don't worry too much about her constantly stealing/hogging the spotlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

This whole arc's had some horrendous pacing issues (especially to get the letter to where it needed to be) so if Gigi gets it out of her system with this, It'd be appreciated.

You are the dumbest mother fucker in the thread. Please leave.