Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well, Splashmaster doesn't have bones, it's only natural he'd be the best at limbo. Although the Nightmare Knight doesn't seem to have legs... or really the entire lower half of his body, so I guess he is probably pretty good at limbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

What is this comic's update schedule, specifically?

Wednesdays and Sundays with bonus updates whenever GGDG feels like it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh Almond, your pal Splashmaster still thinks you're a hero! And he's a Limbo King. Gotta respect that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Urdnot Fire posted:

I dunno, I feel like he'd be good at it too.

Yeah, the lack of bones would really help him. (I am assuming here that talking comic octopi share traits with regular ones)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Any comic where the sun has a face is a good comic to me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Go for it, bro" Ah, encouraging bad ideas. So Crabbro is my best friend while drinking, huh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Aw, I was hoping that Carrot was somehow gonna be super-competent and save the day.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well that's what you get when you build your weapons (and cellphones and food and boats and everything else) out of food.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Aw, look at Cucumber, trying to engage in witty repartee. You'll be a one-liner spouting hero one day, kid.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Magic swords only work for destined heroes, Cuco! So either you're not one, or you gotta cowboy up and get more heroic. Alternately though, if Oglaf's taught me anything, it's that occasionally a fake sword is the perfect weapon for the job.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Every party needs a thief, after all. Plus, I want to see how many more antiquated Southernisms Gigi can cram in per strip.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jazu posted:

The only love interest thing that will happen is that someone will meet someone and blush, and nothing will come of it.

That sounds about right, given that our two male leads are Cucumber and Sir Carrot.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh Cucumber, you were getting so close to displaying some sort of competence/bravery. Hang in there, buddy :unsmith:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Commander Caboodle has been using my GPS. God is it ever lovely.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Cucumber Quest follows the Looney Tunes rule of comical injury. I don't know how they're going to defeat the Disaster Masters now!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Eating through the bars may prove surprisingly viable, seeing how much stuff in this world is made of food and all.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
He had to earn those four stars in his special stat somehow, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lance Streetman posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-257/

Is...Is that blood? Does splashmaster bleed orange?

No, it's the amazing power of beta-carotene!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Since this whole comic is modeled after a Paper Mario game, I imagine here is right about where the very silly boss fight theme goes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Look at poor Cucumber. Come on man, get hyped, this is the closest you're gonna get to a good time for a while once Splashmaster inevitably goes nuts!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pandaK posted:

But where does the drain go :tinfoil:

The limbo dimension. DUH.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Veev posted:

Liquus did something! First Carrot, now this. We're reaching dizzying amounts of competence!

Liquus did something before! In fact, this is the second time he's fried Splashmaster.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, if Nautilus' lore is to be believed, Splashmaster and the other Disaster Masters get brought back every time the Nightmare Knight comes back. (Although, given Nautilus' questionable memory of the lore, that may not be correct) So you don't really have to mourn him, he'll be back... whenever Cucumber's grandkid has to do this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: oops wrong thread

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 13, 2012

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Superstring posted:

Waaaaaait a minute. Everyone in the world is bunnies... So where the heck is Bacon from!? :confused:

We don't talk about Bacon.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
e: Whoops totally misunderstood quote, ignore this post.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Is he saying it three times or is the camera just zooming in?

Pretty sure it's just a dramatic zoom-in. If it were another form of media like a TV show instead of a comic, it'd for sure be in slow motion for emphasis.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

Bacon, what are you even doing there? You are the worst wingman.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FedoraDefender420 posted:

There are going to be a hell of a lot of characters if it keeps up like this.

Well, one of the comic's big inspirations is Paper Mario, so clearly the character list will be massive, but Cucumber will just have to pause the adventure to choose who his companion is at any given time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"...new engineer", huh? I wonder who it is- uh-oh.

Yoya posted:

Cosmo's about to put the big hurt on the crew again.

Uh-oh.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like the "I can do that for you" on the train's console.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I hope they jump out right as Saturday and the butler jump on, then immediately the bombs go off, leaving them comically burnt. Basically what I'm saying is, if this comic is modeled on a Paper Mario game, I want Saturday to be Bowser or whatever other villain that constantly fails.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Let's talk about Bacon indeed.

I'm kind of disappointed the Bacon profile didn't have like, paragraphs on how Bacon is soooo great as I think that woulda been a better gag (if a little too cliched), but I guess the little guy's self-esteem is just that low.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Lobe posted:

Saturday and Bramblebee are clearly destined to be Cucumber Quest's Team Rocket.

That's exactly what I thought the minute I saw the bomb get thrown over. Although, given the Mario RPG aesthetics, perhaps more like the Popple the Shadow Thief and Rookie from Superstar Saga.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

majormonotone posted:

Brambleby is the best James Wile E. Coyote ever.

Fixed. I mean, holding up an "OH NO" sign as you fly into the distance is about as Looney Tunes as you can get.

but yeah everything else is pretty anime

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think somebody pointed it out in the General Webcomic thread, but now I can't stop seeing Queen Cymbal as Mayor McCheese with a crown.

Also, I automatically love this new character so much. I'm gonna hate whenever he inevitably gets a sword stuck through him.

Veev posted:

I was thinking mid-day radio DJ.
It's ya boy Noisemaster who does it for you, call in right now to win 2 tickets to Piano's last concert.

Likewise. Well, half mid-day DJ, half annoying hype man before a concert.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Urdnot Fire posted:

Heck, Nightmare Knight's been endearing since he had to put up with Splashmaster's silliness. This probably isn't the most effective set of henchmen he's had.

Actually, since Nautilus seemed to know all about Splashmaster from her (admittedly spotty) studies of the ancient lore, I'd say this is the only set of henchmen the Nightmare Knight's ever had, he just has to hope they get more effective every time he and them get resurrected/freed.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

majormonotone posted:

I'm thinking maybe that some of the more intelligent Disaster Masters are sick as hell of constantly having to fight this legendary hero or whatever. Splashmaster's an idiot, but in that last panel Noisemaster just seems...tired.

Reincarnation's a real bitch, man. Ya boy is tired of being in an orb for a hundred years at a time.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Goodness, the other side of the wall is *gasp* a 1920s cartoon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Quick, Cucumber! Order a pizza!