Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no, the Oracle made the wall? That doesn't bode well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ummmmm Boxbot is terrible though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo it's actually happening.

Bacon is really going to be the next party member.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's Bunny Prince Peasley!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah remember, Bacon's not actually a pig. He's just a bunny who looks like one.

Probably.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This guest comic is what it took to get me to decide I should check out Paranatural.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah ok I just finished Chapter 1 and Paranatural is pretty great.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty a month ago posted:

It's Bunny Prince Peasley!

Yesssss this comic delivers.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Paul.Power posted:

... and that Nautilus' ears have been bound up to straighten them out of their Ripple Kingdom outward curve :gonk:.

That would be creepy, but I don't think it's the case. Look at the original poster. Her ears look straighter than Nautilus' do now and she also has the ribbons. I think they're purely decorative.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

He and Cordelia are from somewhere other than Dreamside as evidenced by their "cat ears or something". The CQ book also mentions another world parallel to Dreamside. These may or may not be referencing the same place.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm really impressed with how well that little game captured the characters' personalities. It was also pretty tough, though I managed not to lose. Barely. Anyway, very well done!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is very good stuff.

We've already seen that Noisemaster doesn't seem to be too fond of Nightmare Knight. Considering NK himself has been kinda helping the heroes, I'm not sure what this says about our boy.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm thinking it's more likely that the Crystal Kingdom is the one with two DMs. Its entire theme is that it's two kingdoms in one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At any rate, it's pretty likely that when we visit the Flower Kingdom is when we'll be learning what Saturday's deal is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was assuming everyone is familiar with the supplementary information about the kingdoms in the first CQ book. It's been discussed in the thread before.

But yeah the Crystal Kingdom is an island split in two. The west is ruled by Queen Sapphire and the east is ruled by King Ruby.

The melody kingdom's duality didn't really end up playing that much of a role in this chapter, and it's not like the two disaster masters would have been in two different locations, like they could be in the Crystal Kingdom. Of course we'll find out very soon if this large fellow is another DM, but I really doubt it.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 23, 2014

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mm.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Line Feed posted:

So is Cucumber Quest something that she's been kicking around in her head for a while?

In the new CQ book extra features she mentions that some of her earliest Nautilus concept art goes back to 2005. So yeah she's been thinking about this for ages.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Heavy Zed posted:

What's worse is realizing that Noise did the first thing just to make the second thing happen.

Yeeep. He probably didn't even hurt Nautilus (Chapter 1 implies that Nightmare Knight wants the princesses captured) and just made it look like it so Piano would scream.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's not, the reflection is just cut off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All right now that's what I call a victory! Well done everyone give yourself a pat on the back.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nice they'll get some sick EXP for this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:catstare:

I like how when questioned about whether or not they have Gigi's permission for this project, the guy completely evaded answering.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What I really want to know is why 3 rubes are pledging upwards of 100$ for this crap? That's the only reason they're nearly funded.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good news! That sleazy kickstarter just cancelled their project.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

heenato posted:

So the Nightmare Knight is our Twink. Got'cha.

This is canonically Nightmare Knight's theme song that plays every time he enters a room:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZAR4LG1wfQ

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yep. Check the first panel on this page if you're confused: http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-490/

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Kikas posted:

Uuuhhh... doesn't Cordelia control Nightmare Knight? I mean she ressurected and summoned him, so she should be the one in control.

Nightmare Knight's made it clear from the beginning that this isn't the case at all.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Oracle is definitely coming off as the enforcer of the cycle, as opposed to NK who seems more to be going through the motions of something he's trapped by. But that's not necessarily true, it's just that Gigi hasn't shown us any chinks in the Oracle's armor, whereas we've seen quite a lot in NK's case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You know I don't think this is really the Nightmare Knight somehow!!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nahxela posted:

So I guess we're heading in this sort of direction?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOUwH8mwxM

I don't see the connection.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The very first thing I wanted to do now that the forums have recovered from their disaster is come here to say:

I'm glad this pizza delivery involved a chainsaw.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RickoniX posted:

I give it like 60% odds Princess of a Kingdom, 30% odds Disaster Master, 10% odds Lord English

You can never truly count him out. :tinfoil:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oz posted:

I'm hoping that 10% is a little smaller. I hate Homestuck so much. It's gotten so convoluted and dumb.

You don't know why you are wasting time on that website. It is for little children who poop hard in their baby rear end diapers.

Also you don't understand what the hell is going on or who all these characters are. It's all a lot of nonsense.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The princess (assuming that's who sunglasses girl is) looks like one cool customer.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

the wildest rear end posted:

What kinda ears does the guy under Cucumber have?

I'm assuming they're a variation of Flower Kingdom ears. They don't exactly match any of the known kingdoms.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rasamune posted:

I'm in the mood for that pizza; that poo poo looks delicious

I was going to post this.

Selfish jerks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

“BUT IF YOU WERE CELEBRATING A WEDDING,” wheezes nightmare_child_35, “WHO WOULD YOU BE

I love this comic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

From Gigi's Twitter:

Yeah, let's just have it be a boring normal comic.

How can you read this comic and not realize that the endless cycle, and NK's weariness of the whole thing is a central element of the story?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Squidster posted:

Why is this a thing? It is a stupid, stupid thing. There are no hints that Nautilus was captured and memory-erased. There is no fore-shadowing or confirmation of this except for Gigi's twitter feed. It is dumb.

My opinion stands. If a character is whisked away to never-land, it is generally best practice to include some kind of vaguely visible panel where this action takes place.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Third Murderer posted:

now I just find the whole idea incredibly tiresome and I'm looking forward to when it gets to the point.

Are you happy now