Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pastrymancy posted:

Have we ever seen Liquus fight before? I swear he's an electric eel or something.

Pretty sure it was used when she was first introduced; also hi Cucumber Quest thread! Been following it sense day 1 so glad to see that I'm not one of the only ones who has a interest in this gorgeous comic.

The colors are just so good, it's mind blowing to me that the updates are this frequent with art THIS good. My only worry is it developing a crazy fanbase at some point like a certain other comic I used to follow :v:

Edit: Whoop was wrong; here it is http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-158/

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So, Gordon from Disgaea has fallen on hard times.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The long "y'alllll" got me to laugh pretty loudly, wonder how long she's just gonna lay there being flat and also southern.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-220/

Somethings going down. Totally love Almonds face in the first panel

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So; curious if Peridot is going to be a always evil type or flip at some point :v: (are we done posting update links? There was a update!)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tollymain posted:

Joining the Cucumber Quest (avatar) Crew!

I kind of wish I could

All three of the characters faces in this update are insanely hilarious, I love the expressions in this comic.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if that works in space

You never know how crazy this comic may get!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm actually pretty eager to see how this is handled. I don't want it to be over too fast but I really don't want it to be the second coming of a certain other popular webcomic.

It's a serious shame not many people read this comic, with the clever writing and absolutely breathtaking art you'd think it would of exploded by now.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I hope he reaches off screen and starts chucking barrels that Almond had no idea was around. Horrible backfires seem to be a running thing :v:!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Cucumber... when will you be useful in dangerous situations?

:cripes:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is seriously the best comic

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've never been a guy to refresh a page hoping to see a update, but I'm doing that now. This is wonderful

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nahxela posted:

The limbozone transforms your clothes into beach clothes. How convenient!

I really like how this is handled in the first panel. At least Almond seems to be enjoying herself :v:v

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Almond doin work'.

Yeah it's just legs being cut, so I'm guessing it's not going to be over THIS easily.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I actually like this twist. It's original enough for me at least, unless it is just a gag overall

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxxidation posted:

It occurs to me that Bacon is basically what you'd get if you took Homestuck's Clubs Deuce and made him a tiny bunnyman.

And that is okay.

I thought he was a pig.

Also Bacon is the best :colbert:

Edit: I like Lettuce's face in the last panel. Cute.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to make a tossed salad joke but can't seem to make it fit.

Really eager for the next page as it's just going to be Nightmare and the Princess

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lance Streetman posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-325/

So what happens when he doesn't have the right card at hand?

He gets fired

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's pretty bad when I'm reading a update to a comic and one of my first reactions is "Man that would make a great avatar"

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm the only one who thought of Parappa the Rapper in the first part huh?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I find it strangely upsetting Bacon's getting yelled at, dudes like a puppy apparently. Also Tomato's really got that "talk while gritting your teeth" thing down huh?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So the doors related to the one in Mario + Luigi Partners in Time right?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So I'm not the only one who say SMASH and instantly thought of earthbound right?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I love this new page but I can't help but hear it in that old rear end ebaums world song.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So it's pretty much fact that the dude in the picture frame is partners with the mayor and is either

A: Kidnapped by Legato

or

B: IS Legato

right?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bacon aside, curious as to how he recognized her.

Really digging panel 3's coloring, the sharp red in the soft blue is really eyecatching.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This new page is hilarious. Too bad GIGI's getting poo poo apparently because "how DARE YOU MAKE A MAN IN A DRESS A JOKE" or whatever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Magypsy posted:

Really? Everyone seems very supportive of it on her Twitter feed.

That last panel is great, I'd be tempted to buy an avatar and be ~~beautiful~~ too if I wasn't broke. ;-*

http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/

Yeah. Go figure it's on tumblr but still

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nah I admit fault. I just found it silly that someone would try to take it the wrong way let alone write a post saying "you should get advice first on subjects like that."

I'm sorry on my end.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

As I was loading up this page I said to myself I bet Cucumber is going to be a tree :allears:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-402/

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have good news for you then

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-409/

Eeeeeeeey!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Isn't her summon thing inside the phone? I think she'd be more concerned about that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So no one posted the two new pages?

Page 444 may be the best page in this entire comic btw

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So what if Noisemaster totally steps down and Piano gets super pissed because much like Almond that's now how it's supposed to go and sets off the blaster?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So is that like the real noisemaster

I'm so confused

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looks like the Earthbound text boxes when someone dies in battle. Even has the little * at the start.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Speaking of sleazy things here's Sir Tomato

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Friend pointed out that back when Tomato was harassing her and she screamed for help and Nightmare Knight showed up to do just that.

Back when she was just randomly calling it out and faking he didn't show up. Wonder if it means anything.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/fancydrak/status/465717514375557120/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/465877317646958593/photo/1

I'm trying to understand the madness and failing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

no listen to this one instead