Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!

Page 57 posted:

What is this? It's a Cucumber Quest fan game in the style of the Ace Attorney series illustrated by HelloWinter and written and programmed by myself, with a little help from some others including forums user LordAndrew.

It's more or less the length of an average first case in the Ace Attorney series. Click the screen or use the space bar to advance text, double-click evidence to present it.

The game does trip firewalls because it technically accesses the Internet when it is launched, but don't worry; it's not required (if you run it without a connection you can click "no" on a prompt and it will work) and nothing is being collected. The reason is that it is made in BYOND, an engine designed for multiplayer games and probably one of the least efficient things that this could have been made in. But hey, it was fun!

Download the DS resolution-size version here or the double-size version here!

I love Cucumber Quest to pieces. Pieces which I want to eat, because they are sweet and sugary. Just about every page has something adorable in it, and the characters are wonderful.

Smooglii fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
It looks like it. It also looks like the light is on inside, which is all sorts of curious.

Or maybe the interior candle sensed it was needed for atmospheric lighting, like that one that went out and/or turned blue.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
"Wednesdays and Sundays" meaning "Wednesdays and Sundays in whatever time zone lets them be put up earlier". In practice, it's normally Tuesday and Saturday afternoons.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
Bagel looks so much nicer now than in the prologue. The lighting is great. The Cabbage panel is almost as good as Almond challenging the Nightmare Knight.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
The skits that go with these Q&A strips are absolute gold. I take back what I said at the beginning of the thread, the character writing is even better than the art. (The expressions are still adorable as heck.)

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
I heard it something more like this.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!

What is this? It's a Cucumber Quest fan game in the style of the Ace Attorney series illustrated by HelloWinter and written and programmed by myself, with a little help from some others including forums user LordAndrew.

It's more or less the length of an average first case in the Ace Attorney series. Click the screen or use the space bar to advance text, double-click evidence to present it.

The game does trip firewalls because it technically accesses the Internet when it is launched, but don't worry; it's not required (if you run it without a connection you can click "no" on a prompt and it will work) and nothing is being collected. The reason is that it is made in BYOND, an engine designed for multiplayer games and probably one of the least efficient things that this could have been made in. But hey, it was fun!

Download the DS resolution-size version here or the double-size version here!

Smooglii fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 30, 2013

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!

Dragonatrix posted:

Just got past the first cross-examination, and I really wish that the window was bigger or could at least be manually resized. Being stuck with a tiny, tiny window that I can't do much with is pretty annoying.

Anyone else preferring a larger screen can now download the double-size version.

Thanks for playing the game, and we're really glad you all like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
Almond inherited a bit of her dad's jerkface.