Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

Turns out the clever solution was pulling on it.

MAGIC!
Pretty sure the spell description thing was referring to making the drain go away when you're done with it, not opening it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Razorwired posted:

I'm with the camp that they'll pull off actually defeating the Nightmare Knight. Because Almond won't see the point of the Disaster Stones if she can just slice Splashmaster into calamari.
Apparently she can just slice Splashmaster in a Disaster Stone.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Zero_Tactility posted:

291!

I love how understated and composed the Nightmare Knight is. It's a wonderful device for increasing the menace.

Edit: Also, the use of color is, as usual, wonderful.
I kinda get the feeling he wishes he could somehow try and take over something in some other universe instead.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Her tumblr and the extras in the book are the reason we even know about the ear types in the first place. In comic we haven't seen the last two.

Also there's additionally "Weird Cat Ears" like Cordelia which signify coming from another dimension or something. :iiam:

Oh, and Bacon is a weirdo but he's still got rabbit ears - http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/archive/page-22/
Another planet, probably. Didn't the guy from space have cat ears too?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The entry on ear types in the physical book reads "If they've got cat ears or something, like Cordeila, they probalby aren't from Dreamside." (in red text rather than bold)

Cats also have fangs. I think she's a cat.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Nightmare Knit is the chillest evil overlord I've ever seen.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Calaveron posted:

On the other hand, she might mock Parfait's pendant, deriding the concept of love and bla bla bla.

Also, Bacon confirmed as not being a bunny person.
I think a Q&A somewhere confirmed he IS. Just one that looks a whole lot like a pig.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Captain Oblivious posted:

As far as evil overlords go, Nightmare Knight seems worryingly competent. For one, he doesn't feel the need to flex his powers at the drop of a hat. That says self assured.
He also doesn't get pissy at his underlings for talking back to him. (See his reaction to Peridoh's tirade, threatening Tomato's job rather than his head...) He's a pretty class act (saddled with at least one rather goofy underling in Splashmaster).

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dragonatrix posted:

Given how very Paper Mario the whole thing is, I'd be more surprised if Splashmaster was the only goofy one.
Hence "at least"! He's the only one we know about so far, so it's not safe to make claims about the others yet.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Or just five stars in all three traits and just "Bacon is awesome" for a description.

Though to be honest, I expected Bacon be a bunnyman on his cast picture.
Bacon is a bunnyman! He just has short, pig-like ears.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

And Splashmaster.

And that guy who landed on Saturday in a flying saucer.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Also, they're not all named after vegetables. There are fruits (Almond) and pastries (Bagel, Baguette, Parfait, etc.). And also Bacon. I guess they're just named after food in general.
I think it's more that they live in food land, as people from other kingdoms don't have food-related names.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Blackheart posted:

I love it when awesome webcomics crossover like that. Like that Beartato/Gunnerkrigg comic some wonderful person posted today.
Wait what? Where was that?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SlothfulCobra posted:

I was kinda hoping that it would be Cosmo.
Cosmo is from the moon kingdom, silly.

Also when the gently caress did they get there :staredog:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Xander77 posted:

Is there a way to donate without signing up for anything, like via paypal or something?
Kickstarter handles payment through Amazon, do you not have an amazon account?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

pandaK posted:

I can never hear the phrase "It's ya boy," the same way ever again after experiencing PBat's LP on Terraria.
I don't think Noisemaster is going to keep losing track of his anvils, though.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fred is on posted:

This is already starting to become a trend among Disaster Masters. I predict by the end we'll also feel that way about the Nightmare Knight.
What do you mean "by the end"? :raise:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

The closest we're likely to get on the subject, in three tweets:
... Yeah, "The Beastie Boys. ALL OF THEM" seems about right. :3:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-349/
Real link to the page, because posting a direct link to the image itself is rude.
To the readers too, there's little comments under the comic pages! Why do you want to deprive us of comments by the creator, Heavy Zed? :mad:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

snucks posted:

I can't wait until Cuco gets personally acquainted with the Nightmare Knight and develops a grudging solidarity with the only other level-headed person in his world.
It's not like we even know the consequences of Nightmare Knit succeeding here.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

drat near the entire comic is a Paper Mario reference.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Either that or the lighting crew is good at improvising.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm guessing Noisemaster is about to explain that he doesn't have that option for some reason.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Akett posted:

I think the thing that's going to save Almond is whatever is causing the gray-scale splash.

... So you're saying that Mutemaster is going to save Almond from Mutemaster? :confused:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

heenato posted:

Goddamn, I feel so bad for him. Just his slummped shoulders as he watches his plan unravel around him. And then he just gives up.
Sometimes, your best just isn't good enough.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, it's somebody who does star poo poo, so let's go double-check the cast page and SON OF A gently caress like 3/4ths of the characters have star poo poo plastered all over their picture (not counting the rating being expressed in stars) so uh

:iiam:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TwoPair posted:

After all, his whole schtick is supposed to be that he's a great evil that took over the world,
He wants to take over the world, not take over a pile of rubble.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ConanThe3rd posted:

At this point, I'm thoroughly convinced NK is on Team This poo poo.
I don't think he likes it any more than Cucumber does, though. He just doesn't see any ways out.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ConanThe3rd posted:

So Lord Genome then.
... Yeah, pretty much! My money's on them teaming up, possibly by Cuco turning around and re-summoning the Nightmare Knit right after defeating him. :kamina:

EDIT: poo poo, I wish I could draw now.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Blackheart posted:

They're vestigial. I mean, he floats all day anyway.
Or does he?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Stormgale posted:

It could also be that the Nightmare Knight instead of some super evil "Binding the hero into the new NK" is literally just the last hero told by the dream oracle how Incredibly important it is to pretend to be evil, like how almond eats up the legendary hero shtick hook line and sinker.

Edit: I was trying to say less that the Nightmare night isn't even obligated into this whole being evil deal (considering he seems to be able to go off script as well) He's just being mislead? I guess the difference would be being stuck as the NK and basically being told you have to be the NK.
This would explain his efforts to do things like keep Noisemaster from doing anything actually serious.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Potsticker posted:

C'mon! How is she not the Legendary Hero!?
She's not the one getting new powers when the disaster masters are re-sphered.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Fried Chicken posted:

huh, I thought Gigi said there wasn't going to be any romance stuff because the kids are 9 and it goes over their head. Or maybe that was Zach about Paranatural. They interact so much I forget which one said which about what webcomic.
Cucumber is quite insistent that he's older than twelve so...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

heenato posted:

Great. You ruined it.
That's probably a good plan in general, really.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kikas posted:

So this guy is Gamemaster, eh? He wants our heroes to go through his series of games because that's his shtick.
I'm pretty sure he's Glitchmaster.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It's been going on for hundreds of iterations I don't think any of the Disaster Masters are unaware of the cycle.

(Splashmaster is just too dumb to care.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm gonna order a pizza right now.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I put my pizza on the counter for a moment to get a drink and it jumped off and landed upside down. :negative:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I still ate it since it was inside the box at the time but it was not very good for its appetizing-ness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Potsticker posted:

That analogy doesn't really work unless the gunman has busted in 99 times before and there's always been a hero to stop him. And everyone is fine with it.
Nah it's more like he was a gunman busting in before, but this time he brought a bunch of lit dynamite.