Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If you like those faces, go read the Persona/MGS/Phoenix Wright/etc comics Hiimdaisy(gigi) did before CQ if you haven't already.

Oneiros posted:

You would think that they would have gotten better about hiding the stones over the past 500,000 years. :downs:
It is clearly all a secret sinister plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

New page

Yessssss Southernisms.

They live in Dreamland, apparently. I'm expecting a pink puffball to show up at some point.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yep, got mine too. It's got a good weight to it for a softcover book.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think Splashmaster's just gonna go all...Smash-Plaster on everything rather than consent to their SILLY game. :rolleye:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love the Gigi literally says "leave your logic at the door" in the description.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Onean posted:

I dunno, Almond and Cucumber seem to be pretty competent. At least, more competent than anyone we've met so far, except for maybe Cordelia and the Nightmare Knight. They may be the first to get it done. Especially in light of the tale being about the Legendary Hero, and here we have the Legendary Hero (brother) and Legendary Hero (sister).

Self-awareness does not equal competency.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Clearly Peridot mentioning she's doing something important is more important than we think it is, because it's in This Is Important Red Zelda Text!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Failboattootoot posted:

I don't actually like this webcomic much, but I can't stop reading it. :iiam:
I guess you should muster up a modicum of willpower to stop reading it, and go back to reading that Homestuck crap?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cosmo is basically just a bunny version of Kururu from Sgt. Frog.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That update thing she did last time please~

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's pretty neat!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Waffleman_ posted:

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-344/

Bonus update because of terrible Kickstarter people!

Speaking of Kickstarter, looks like we're not gonna hit that sweet, sweet $85,000 stretch goal. :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

If we follow tradition we should get at least one disaster master that's hyper-competent and loyal (probably the last)
YOU RANG

quote:

and hopefully, another that's basically Starscream.
LIKE TO SEE HIM TRY

(I just like to think of the ominous power button Disaster Master icon as Lugnut's singular eye, and the final one is indeed a giant robot-thing that is mechanically competent and powerful)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey, actually downright menacing moment in CQ, howyadoin'.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Gigi added some sketches on her tumblr and obviously this was the best one:

It's so uguu.

If she does "parody style" sketches of characters, I would love to see her draw some of the characters in the Fist of the North Star style. It's practically an artistic tradition at this point, and makes every character look hilarious. I also want to see it just to see if she could pull it off.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sorry, too busy laughing at the amazing oblivious faces Nautilus is making in the last two panels.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What, you've never had bunny bacon before?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yo I love Cucumber Quest and all but dang son, that guest comic is way funnier than anything CC has done. Just god drat brilliant, I'm dyin' here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't think Legato has anything to do with the Disaster Masters, but I DO think he'll somehow wind up part of the party. He's got a wacky eccentricity that fits perfectly with the group: handsome yet disgusting (and seemingly incompetent) anime nerd playwright.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HelloWinter posted:

What if Cucumber Quest... was anime?!

Twitter drawings I made tonight. Heavy Jojo and Sailor Moon reference

I must know what Gigi thinks of these. Please tell me you showed her.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bacon is actually a girl.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain Oblivious posted:

Peridot

Peridot. Most tsundere aren't even this tsundere. I think you need to be medicated.

She might be afflicted with Dr. Josef Tsundere’s Bipolar Personality Disorder. Sadly, there is no cure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No slightly about it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GUNNAWRECKIT :unsmigghh:

I find it amusing that this whole thing was a huge heel turn for Almond in the eyes of the fans. I've seen almost exclusively "you deserve a beatdown" comments about this turn of events.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Beatdown might've been a poor choice of words, but yeah, comeuppance was a-coming for Almond thanks to her attitude and hubris.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe they have to at least initiate a battle and can then concede defeat at any time if they so choose.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

IMJack posted:

That's the kind of artist I wish I could be, one whose passion for creation and showing off overrides anything that might slow me down.
There's that, but then there's also this:

Blackheart posted:

No, gigi you'll burn out! :ohdear:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The hair is actually an alien parasite controlling her which is what caused this whole mess in the first place.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, she definitely got harassed about the Persona comics. They were really, really good, but not deserving of actually harassing the creator, that's a sure-fire way to sour them on ever making more.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Magypsy posted:

EDIT: Oh my god, look at the URL at the bottom corner.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fuckin' YES

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe Nightmare Knight has a face turn soon enough but it is revealed that the power button disaster master is some kind of security protocol creature to keep him in his role if he tries to break out of it, which would also explain why he always seems so pessimistic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haven't people been saying that for a while? She's always acting so carefree about the whole thing, and as we all know, the ditz is always the suspicious one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Perry Bible Fellowship and Oglaf.

We doing this now? Throw down.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anyone able to make some good banner ads? I might grab one to raise awareness of CC if so. More folks should give it a read since it's one of the best out there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Renaissance Robot posted:

I had to google this and holy poo poo

Man, if you think Cucumber Quest is an amazing story, One Piece might make your head explode. I've been reading it for over ten years and it's almost never disappointed.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That's the joke

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What if he didn't and they just ~went into hiding~

It's never as simple as just "they all died". There's a secret royal family hiding out somewhere I'm sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He was just another Cucumber-esque kid who monkey pawed "I want to be important" and blammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Source, please.