Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
I get the distinct feeling that Almond is going to prepare calamari after she gets out of that cage.

Edit: O, it was a Saturday update. I should check this comic more often.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Apr 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

O. Jeez. I'm in for 50.

Edit: Which I can comfortably afford. Thank you Syrg.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 20, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Goal tentatively met. Someone backed for 500.

Hurray!

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 20, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Comrade Question posted:

drat Kickstarter, you scary. :stare:

I like to think of it as deserving things getting money.

But yes. This was scary fast.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
200% funded on day one! I know it's going to slow down, but I'm curious how much she gets.

Wow. $500 tier already sold out.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
25k in the first day, good for her. Also looks like she'll be making the books even better with the overfunding.

Edit: As for today's page. Something tells me Nightmare Knight isn't going to be happy.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 22, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, at the very least, we're getting a map in the books. Since it just creeped over 30k.

I really wonder what the 40k reward will be. The kickstarter certainly looks like it will get there at this rate. I also do hope the 1k tier donator doesn't cancel as we get further along.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Oneiros posted:

$40k reward revealed: A new short story!

New $45k reward: something eeeven better will happen!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Squids got a good point Nightmare Knight, can't fault him for that.

Splashmaster is awesome.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Luminous Obscurity posted:

So would saving a Queen be a step up on the hero scale from saving a princess?

I'm trying to figure out where Almond's at right now.

I'd say it would be a step up, but not as high on the list as saving a Magical Princess. Though Cucumber didn't really save anyone, so much as return her cellphoneRoyal Instrument of Summoning.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
So the Kickstarter just past 35k. And the 45k incentive is something cool.

"If we reach $45,000, Cucumber Quest will regularly update three days a week from July to December 2012."

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, the kickstarter just passed 45k. Looks like Cucumber Quest is going to be a three update a week comic for the last six months of this year. Hurray!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
More legendary hero's should check in with their mothers during the quest. It's just being considerate, since parents do worry.

I think my favorite part of this update is Nautilus lounging in the background.

Edit: Wait a minute, is Bagel's cellphone a candybar?

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 9, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well. The kickstarter is over at $62,953. That leaves gigi with about 56k after kickstarter and amazon fees. I honestly didn't think she'd make over 55k after fees, that's really amazing.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, it's very clear that the way to defeat Splashmaster is to challenge him to limbo.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Urdnot Fire posted:

Cuco is the one they expect to go out first, naturally.

I like to be more optimistic about the situation. Cucumber is the last possible candidate they could find, not the first.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Next time they really should get one of those fake rocks to hide their house disaster stone.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ahh Carrot, he momentarily conquered his cowardliness by overloading it with stupidity. Maybe next time he'll learn that he shouldn't bravely announce his presence to the sleeping giant monster.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Schir posted:

Yeah, the villains really need to rethink the size of the openings in the bars.

To be fair, the current villian is Splashmaster. I don't believe rethinking is something that comes up often.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 24, 2012

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

DuckPuncher posted:

http://gigidigi.tumblr.com/post/29655426810/caboodle-doodles-if-youre-catching-up-with

"If you’re catching up with Cucumber Quest, I’m…I’m only kind of sorry for the most recent pages."

There is absolutely zero reason to be sorry.

Tagged #i'm actually not

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Truely, the mark of a gifted Mage in this setting. Able to cast the same spell twice!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Schir posted:

...Is Nautilus afraid of water?

Well, it's certainly possible. But I'd also be a bit scared of jumping into water when the foe you are looking for is a giant octopus.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
O. So that's what the bathtub drain spell will be useful for.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, I finally got my soft-cover book. Took longer because I didn't realize it was shipping to the family's home and not where I'm currently living.

It looks really great, and the prints are a nice little bonus. Don't have a huge amount of time at the moment to look through it, but initial impression is good.

Grade A, would buy cute bunnyman book again.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Yay. Cucumber did something useful with magic. I was beginning to think he couldn't.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Regy Rusty posted:

Her tumblr and the extras in the book are the reason we even know about the ear types in the first place. In comic we haven't seen the last two.

Do the ears for the transition to the Melody kingdom count? Because that's in comic, though not a specific character.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Their comes a time to fight your battles, and their comes a time to realize that your opponent is 20 times larger than you.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Haven't you ever been on a boring train ride and just wished you had a bomb to liven things up. Cosmo's inventions will bring these bunnies into the future.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Phy posted:

I'm picturing him trying to get the speech recognition to work, only half the time it reverts to bomb-related commands and hangs up completely due to lack of a bomb. So he installs a bomb, and now the speech recognition doesn't hang any more. On to the next bug!

Ha ha ha. Oh man, I can see the bug report.
Problem Report:
User interface continues to hang on several simple commands. It continuously attempts to access various bomb related commands, before crashing. This version of hardware does not support these commands.

Resolution: Revved hardware version. Installed Bomb.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
And we are now 100 over the goal. This is the type of kickstarter I really like, and I have faith in her since the last one went well.

I've backed this for another softcover. The first one was wonderful.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Captain Invictus posted:

That update thing she did last time please~

Ya, this is my hope as well. I love this comic and really enjoyed the rapid updates.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Looks like the Kickstarter just hit 65k. So we get another half a year of four updates a week. So great.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I wonder what kingdom those clothes will show up it.

Got to admit, I'll be disappointed if the cast doesn't get a theme appropriate outfit for each Kingdom in this quest.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Fred is on posted:

My gut says this might be what will happen. Maybe he'll somehow get trapped in a crystal or whatever by one of his henchmen (or another wild card character)

I'd wager on Cordelia if it were to go that route. She seems more into the ruling the world thing than Nightmare Knight. While he's the muscle, he's so clearly tired of this pantomime he's forced into.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 31, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
In this case Legato's "inspired" writing might work out for people who want this play to end quickly.

Unless the acts of a play normally reserved for conflict are changed to praise Crescendo.....oh.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
So any bets on if this is Peridot?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

ProfessorProf posted:

So... what's going on with Noiseblaster's doomsday laser during all this? You know, the one that was at 99% charge like fifty pages ago.

It's one of those status indicators that gets to 100% then wraps back to 0 again for a few rotations.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Even though he's not into this legendary hero thing, It's nice that Cuco is getting the boss upgrades reguardless.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ahh Nautilus, you are so cheerfully honest. It's slightly terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Line Feed posted:

I'm not convinced Noisemaster actually wants the blaster charged yet. He didn't seem very happy when Piano started flipping her poo poo earlier.

Ya, looking at that page with what we know now. Before it sounded like he was just annoyed with her screaming, but the "MMMMM" sound in the background and his dialogue makes sense if it charges when she screams, and he told her as such.