Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Speaking of, does Rosemaster know that Cucumber's meant to be the (legendary) hero, not Almond? I'd have assumed so, but the last page makes me think otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
I am probably just bad at visual comprehension, but I can't quite make out what's happening in the last panel. Did she actually attack him, or is he just jumping back as she draws her sword?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Suaimhneas posted:

If this is the case, I sure hope he's a good shot :ohdear:
On the one hand he's probably never shot a bow before, but on the other hand *THE POWER OF LOVE*.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
To be fair to Almond, they do live in a world where pretty much everyone except Cuco considers it perfectly normal that when the Nightmare Knight appears to threaten all creation, the Dream Oracle, supernatural Protector of the World, picks a literal child to be the Hero who goes on an adventure to defeat him and all his Disaster Masters without any training or guidance. Plus, the last time this happened it worked out absolutely fine for the Hero. (The last 99 times even, not that they knew that at the start.) It's not her fault that this is the point where the whole 500,000 year cycle goes off the rails.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Oxxidation posted:

Most of those people never get close enough to the conflict to notice the seams, though. Almond is right in the thick of it, and once her heroism high wore off even she was able to see that not everything in this situation was on the up and up. But instead of stepping back and evaluating things she just doubled down over and over again, and people are now getting hurt because she can't get over her self-righteous attitude.
Has Almond really seen any of that apart from 'the Oracle is useless and a bit shifty' though? Rosemaster and NK opened up on their real motivations to other characters, but they both deliberately played up the BWAH HAH I AM EVIL thing to her, Noisemaster seemed ready to blow up a city with a laser, and Splashmaster was attacking people. I don't think she's had the opportunity that the rest of the party have had to see how dodgy everything is.

Edit: I mean, i'm not gonna say giving the bad guys the key to resurrecting NK wasn't a real bad idea, but people seem really harsh on Almond's failings compared to the rest of the cast.

Carrasco posted:

It seems more likely that the first time was just dumb luck, and every time since NK has been throwing the fight. But the Oracle probably has some hidden agenda too, so who knows.
For sure that's what's been going on behind the scenes (second time was genuine too, I think, NK says he offered the second hero peace and got turned down then defeated), but up until this cycle no-one except NK himself plus maybe the Oracle and Glitchmaster knew that though.

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 22, 2016

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Carrasco posted:

Cordelia is like two pages away from yelling "what! no! I was supposed to be in control of this power!" before either being annihilated or possessed. Probably the latter.
Peridot just opened up to Nightmare Knight about how she sees Cordelia as a surrogate mum though. Would be a real (and out of character) dick move on his part if he immediately sent Cordelia off after some forbidden power that he knows is going to destroy her.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Carrasco posted:

Also just quoting this from before this update. :allears:

Eh, I still think it's gonna be something like what smug n stuff said. The whole point of KN interactions with Parfait and Peridot (who btw is like right there and would probably suffer the same fate as Cordelia if this is genuine) was to show he's not truly evil, he doesn't want to bring darkness to the world, and he's kept this whole charade going because he cares deeply for his underlings, even one as useless as Splashmaster.

I'll be very surprised if after that his next action is a surprise betrayal that amounts to 'if you're not strong then you are of no use to me so LOL GET REKT'.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
"Oh sweetheart, I liked your spell."

What a good alcoholic juice-appreciating mom. :unsmith:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Three pages and a sudden, dramatic, unexpected callback.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
new pages seem to be up:

https://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-909/

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Gigi is apparently doing the writing for the new She-Ra graphic novel:
https://www.comicsbeat.com/she-ra-ogn-legend-of-the-fire-princess/amp/

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/gigideegee/status/1146537002793259008

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
It’s probably the only one that’s going to be unfinished (in original format at least), but also has four published volumes that you can buy in bookstores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

WarpedNaba posted:

Eh. So long as she's happy.
Oh yeah, I don’t begrudge her this at all, and if the reason is what I’m inferring it is from other news (she’s getting more pro comic and art jobs and can’t keep investing the time and effort of a massive personal project as well) then I’m really happy for her.

It just stands out to me because the usual fate of the unfinished webcomic is the creator clearly losing interest as updates drop off and/or vanishing off the face of the internet. CQ is GiGi’s baby, and she still clearly loves it - she was posting character art and little side comics even when the main site wasn’t updating, she got it published (and not just Kickstarter-only), she still wants to get it out in one form or another.