Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Lyon posted:

The Breaker New Waves: 68

The elder of the Sunwoo clan continues to be utterly 100% awesome since he has come around. I hope that Shioon either avoids this guy with some bad rear end 9-arts dragon foot techniques or even possibly gets a shot in on him.

I hope they interrupted him in the middle of self-training so he is full of Wonderdrug™. It's been far too long since he hosed somebody up in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
New Breaker out. If you haven't been reading it for a while because it's been slow and boring, you should catch up.

Specifically, the "Oh no, the protagonist lost his powers!!!" arc seems to be ending. About fuuuuuuuuuucking time.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
The latest Noblesse is so good. God, I <3 Frankenstein.

http://www.mangareader.net/noblesse/243

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Serious Frolicking posted:

Pray didn't just succeed for no reason. They showed how and why she was able to get so much further than other queens. She picked off the best knights on the planet one by one while building her forces and then she stole all of the best technology. I'm not entirely sure how intelligent other queens are, but they obviously didn't use very advanced strategies. So, the knight's hq didn't have any countermeasures in place for what Pray did because it was meant to fight a fundamentally different kind of enemy.

For that matter, Pray was never actually a war orphan in the usual sense and it is very unclear just how old she is.

I sort of suspect that her trophy collection was somehow relevant, too.

The story of Knight Run was pretty incoherent for quite some time, but now it is all coming together.

Also, what the hell are the aliens even called? I can't remember for the life of me.

The way I read it was that Pray was the queen that lead the previous 'Great War' thingy and for some reason decided to not queen any more.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Quixzlizx posted:

I read through Girls of the Wild's this week, and I'm enjoying it. I like that unlike most "ordinary guy being trained by superhumans" premises, his power level is increasing at a reasonable rate. The girls/Wild's Guards are all more charming than obnoxious, too. Unfortunately, now that I've caught up, the shounen battle pace is really going to drag.

Yeah, it's probably my favorite "battle" manwha running. As over the top absurd as the premise is, I can relate to most of the people in it.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I swear, if they start backtracking again after this, I'll keep reading this manga, because I'm a weak person. Seriously though, fingers crossed for such things as development and things happening.

I want to see him kick bald guys head over the school.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Lyon posted:

No Breaker:NW this week but next week will be 24 pages of non stop action apparently.

Rip and tear, Shioon. Rip and tear.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Cynic Jester posted:

Rip and tear, Shioon. Rip and tear.

Yessssssssssssss

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
New waves 104

A flashback? Really? Talk about loving the pacing over completely. Ugh.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Sindai posted:

That's the greatest Frankenstein moment in the entire series.

Which, let's be honest, is a pretty loving high bar at this point.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Oh god yes. loving finally. New Waves, you've been such a tease, but keep this up and I'll love you forever.

Rip and tear Shihoon. Rip and tear.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Saturday Mornings posted:

Noblesse: It's all fun and games til you're bleeding from the eyes. I'm sad for Rai, but so excited we might get a fight where he can't instakill to victory. The question is, who's going to step up and fight the seven or so elders that are left? Frankenstein seems to have hit his limit and the RK-5 are still second stringers. The Kertia brothers? I'd really like to see the RK-5 become more relevant.

I'm pretty sure this arc is building up to Rai being more or less neutered and everyone else having to power-up. Probably involving Frankenstein doing Frankenstein science.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Algid posted:

Old doctor guy is almost definitely higher ranked and stronger than Shioon. He also doesn't seem to give a gently caress about the politics of it at all, he just wants to examine Shioon as a patient.

I'd hate for it to happen, but I'm expecting the doctor to trounce Shioon and place some sort of limiter on him. He just wants to rip and tear :ohdear:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Flython posted:

Thank you so much.

Love and peace my brother.

Oh my god, this is the best. I thought I'd never say this, but this manga is almost as insane as Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/115

:black101: Shioon :black101:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://www.mangareader.net/the-breaker-new-waves/116

Motherfucker. So close. He better not keel over and turn into a wuss again. I'll be most upset.

And keep reading anyways :smithicide:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Serious Frolicking posted:

The doctor is obsessed with what happened to Shioon, but has never before found an actual example. Generally speaking, if someone refers to you as an experimental subject they are not your friend.

I mean, how bad could a dissection be?

If he ends up in a hospital again and has to be bailed out by one of his girlfriends again I'll be sad.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Blinks77 posted:

God of High School continues to be pretty fun to read... if being completely insane.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that giant pillar.

Actually, I'm not quite sure what to make of the entire manhwa at this point, but at least it's entertaining.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
:black101: Shioon :black101:

If only it could stay this awesome forever.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Between God of High School going completely batshit insane, Special Martial Arts staying completely batshit awesome and the Breaker looking more and more like the fighting manhwa we started reading, today was a good day.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Tornhelm posted:

How has nobody mentioned Ability yet? I had to learn about it from the hiatus note at the end of Noblesse, and if they're putting two manwhas this quality out on a weekly basis, no wonder they needed to take a break.

I don't like it quite as much because the protagonist is a typical shounen "justice" cardboard character, and the fact that his power is seemingly random just makes power progression feel pointless, which is one of the things that add character development to these types of manga. It's got promise, but Noblesse has a far better concept and a better execution.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
God of High School keeps being insane. The weird kind.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

AtomikKrab posted:

Links or you are a horrible monster.

http://www.mangareader.net/the-god-of-high-school/110

I use mangareader :negative:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I'm...

I'm pretty sure TBNW is now the thing I look forward to reading the most every week. Considering the first 100 or so chapters, I never thought I'd see the day.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
How to safely disembark from a helicopter hovering in the air:

Calmly bend your knees on impact. Calmly.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Old people are the best :swoon:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://www.mangareader.net/special-martial-arts-extreme-hell-private-high-school/24

Between The Breaker and this, I'm pretty happy right now.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

This is one universe where you do not gently caress with old people.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

FiftySeven posted:

This is the worst news. Especially considering today's chapter.

September 13th is so far, far away. =(

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Cynic Jester posted:

September 13th is so far, far away. =(

It's not far, far away anymore, but the wait is killing me. Shioon going to prove that Korea is no country for (evil doctor) old men :black101:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
It's all I wanted and more :swoon:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
http://mngacow.com/The-Breaker-New-Waves/136/

Shoryuken

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
The Breaker getting you down? You should read Ultimate Legend Kang Hae Hyo, which is sort of the Korean version of Beelzebub, only with less demons and more fighting.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Wozbo posted:

Also, calling a gag where he pm's something in the middle of the loving night just because.

Now I want him to go into marketing and start spamming.

02:00 Han Jee-han: Eggs are only 1.99@ tomorrow! Limited time offer!

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Lyon posted:

So the raw of Noblesse 310 is out and concludes Rai's battle.

I'll update this once the translation is out too.

http://mngacow.com/noblesse/310/

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Silynt posted:

So, after the most recent chapter of Noblesse, with Roctis now dead, his Soul Weapon passes to Ignes right? Ever since it was revealed that their family's weapon is a whip, you've just known that she's gonna get to use it for at least a while; she's obviously a sadist so a whip is the perfect weapon for her. I hope she escapes for now and becomes a long term Rival Bad Guy, she seems like a good fit to partner-up with Cromwell now that Elder #9 is gone.

The only question for next week is, how will her Power-Up manifest? I hope that it's a Larger Visible Aura; that's definitely my favorite anime Power-Up trope. And since she's so evil, if that aura doesn't look like a giant miasmic cloud I want my money back.

Also, when did Ignes' hair turn so short? Did I miss the scene when it gets cut off or something?

I don't think the soul weapon passes automatically. Seems like there is some ritual stuff that needs to be done to pass it off based on previous mentions of soul weapons, including the split one.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Nondevor posted:

The Gamer 20

Further evidence that Han Jee Han's ability is too OP. I was expecting a brawl for the loot drops, but I guess this party is actually respectable. :v:

Move over Breaker, Gamer is the new poo poo. I love this manhwa so much.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I was so annoyed when yuta pulled her out of it, but this might be good

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Despite the lack of tension lately, The Breaker: News Waves 147 knows what I'm here for.

I just want glasses guy to die. Every time he shows up, he fucks up in some way, blames the world and comes back a few days later with a new ACME plan to finally catch the road runner, or in this case, martial artists. He's malicious, but so terribly inept that I can't even tolerate him as comic relief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Rinseh posted:

So what is happening with Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School?

I haven't noticed an update in forever.

EGG seems to still be working on it, just slowly. They're still 1 behind the latest mangacow release.