Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Cynic Jester posted:

New Breaker out. If you haven't been reading it for a while because it's been slow and boring, you should catch up.

Specifically, the "Oh no, the protagonist lost his powers!!!" arc seems to be ending. About fuuuuuuuuuucking time.

Well, his Ki Center should still be pretty loving broken, but he did make some pretty good friends who can probably find a way to fix that up. Anyways, I wonder who the S.U.C. member that seemed on the same level as Cool Guye is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FiftySeven posted:

I think it's fair to say that all anyone wants from this manga now is for Shi-Woon to regain his Ki and start destroying peoples faces. As it stands though, I thought him taking out all the grunts just using foot techniques was pretty awesome.

I think that the build up is kind of interesting, actually. It lets a lot of other characters show their abilities and at the same time, he is coming up with creative ways to combat without using Ki. It makes it a lot more believable that he is probably going to take on his master because of how he is growing.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

pandaK posted:

In other not Breaker news, God of Highschool has gotten a recent development that really leaves a sour taste.

Yeah, I really really like GoHS. What's leaving a sour taste? Lu Buette v. Nine Tails was handled pretty well, IMO. And Jin Mori's rebuttal to the weaknesses of Renewal Taekwon was really awesome.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Hey, Shiwoon is consistently good at punching poo poo. But now he probably knows how to dodge and punch poo poo. He's basically the 9-arts dragon at this point.

I hope the manwha just time skips right now to Shiwoon in a hospital bed 2 months later when he wakes up and realizes he dismembered like 20 people and 5 captains.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Serious Frolicking posted:

You say that as though this is now the status quo and the manwha won't backstep away from the current development as soon as this arc is over.

You gotta live in the present, bro. In the present, Shiwoon is kicking the poo poo out of cars and throwing dudes through windows and poo poo.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
How do you guys manage to complain or think at all when Shiwoon literally punches some dude into the ceiling and down a hallway and through a loving door?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Well, it's pretty relevant to why Shiwoon's Ki Center won't be hosed, probably, so I can cope.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lyon posted:

I don't think the bald dude's master broke his ki center, just knocked him unconscious so he could prevent his student from following him into hiding.

I don't think he broke the center of his Ki, but it has to be more than just knocking him unconscious. http://www.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-new-waves/104/15

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
More love for The Breaker. This is pretty frightening because, well, he is the Gaju of Sunwoo and they are supposed to be the strongest clan. I don't see Shioon letting that become false.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Shioon is just playing the main character in a beat 'em up, really.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So am I the only one who gets a little bit of PTSD when a Breaker chapter is done by the so-called "A-Team"?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The last 5 chapters have ended with or featured Shioon in the middle of several pursuers with at least half of them laying on the floor. We never really got to see 9 Arts Dragon fight cuz everyone was afraid of him. This is loving awesome.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lyon posted:

I would go reread The Breaker, I think you're forgetting quite a bit. 9 Arts destroys that one guy with the "iron hands" (also the guy rigged a bomb) who wanted revenge for his master, he takes on 3 or so of 10 Masters, and then he goes into the Murim HQ building and fights an entire sky scraper full of people. He also ruins a couple of people to prove his points.

No, we always got to see 9 Arts put into incredibly stupid situations that he could strength his way out of because he's awesome and everyone knows better. We haven't even seen a lot of his potential. Recall he was in a loving cast during all this, which is what I mean when I say we haven't gotten to really see him fight yet, emphasis on the "really". It's refreshing to see everyone underestimate Shioon and the chapter end with people laying all over the place with windows and trees broken.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Ethiser posted:

Man Breaker has been so consistently good these past few chapters. The author is getting close to making up for how boring the beginning of New Waves was.

Honestly this is such a big payoff because of how boring the beginning of New Waves was. All the waiting and having to get saved so much is part of why Shioon is crazy as poo poo right now.

This page gave me chills: http://www.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-new-waves/118/15

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
For some reason I thought God fighting the Monkey King would be a nice end to the series. Instead they were literally just sent on a DBZ macguffin fetch quest. Also, how is his grandpa just chilling missing most of his arm like that.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Well, he IS being calm. I imagine his non-calm landing would have been as a Sunwoo rocket.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah, I wanted to post those earlier, but where GoHS is going right now looks loving awesome. Maybe kissmanga is behind because these have been out for a while. Also, you missed one,

http://www.mangapanda.com/the-god-of-high-school/123

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Don't worry about understanding what is going in God of High School 124, just enjoy it.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
That chapter has so many good panels in it. The looks on the faces of the henchmen is golden and that last page.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Shioon is pretty actually terrifying right now. I don't know what to say.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It's probably unlikely that Shioon will be like Lady Sosul. They haven't revealed that point yet, but it seems like the Murim (or rather, the old rear end in a top hat that used to run it) found out about her ability and sealed her Ki centers so she couldn't reach her potential. Of course now we see that the Black Forest Defense Group probably undid that stuff and she's burning dudes alive with her phoenix powers.

It's interesting to see what happens next because there are a lot of plot points to hit, even from the first series. One thing that's weird is figuring out how much of this is (half) a part of someone else's plan. It's unlikely that Chun-woo is a super, mega villain and he even went through the trouble of training Shioon through VHS although he does work for the Black Forest Defense Group so he was probably never really a good guy. I also want to know what Chun Hyuk's role in all this is because he seemed to order the Heavenly Way to kidnap Shioon and give him to the blood doctor in the first place.

Meanwhile, Chun-woo is taking over Japan, SUC is roaming around freely powered by poisonous Ki riceballs, and presumably, Shi-Ho is about to be resurrected. Shits getting good. :getin:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hope that answers your question.

This is seriously awesome. Thanks for this.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The Breaker: New Waves 132

Nothing good ever starts with underestimating Shioon.

Also note that the chapter is currently incomplete.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You can't really just say "watermark issues aside" when talking about A-team, though. Did you guys forget this poo poo: http://www.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-new-waves/8 A-team's translation isn't that great either.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The Breaker 143 is out and the 9-arts dragon is doing work.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Despite the lack of tension lately, The Breaker: News Waves 147 knows what I'm here for.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So I know The Breaker: NW has fallen off in popularity here, but for those still following, does anyone feel like S.U.C. is about to lure all of the Murim into that arena and pull some (reverse?) Veritas poo poo?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
We never post about God of High School in here but it is consistently amazing.

For content:

The first three chapters of 4 God Ranger was released the other day and it looks pretty cool

dat tiger

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Also what's his face is going to revive that chick he wanted affection from at some point.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Algid posted:

I'm still amused that the Black Forest Defense Group is apparently based in the actual Black Forest and named after that rather than being some random adjective-noun group-name. This series is loaded with attack names that are are formed of six word long strings, but here we get a group of dudes named after a well known geographic location.

They have nothing to fear since they have jean grey on their side

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You just rewoke my forgotten hatred of A-team.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Shioon straight up doesn't have the experience of the 9 arts, is a non-traditional murim, and has permanently ruined his non-existent ki center several times. He also fought the phantom doctor and didn't die immediately as well as fighting other extremely strong opponents in both The Breaker and New Waves. Give him a break. For all the magic kung fu, they've actually done a good job on Shioon's growth, motivation, and overall journey into this world. Anyways, Shioon still has the Black Heaven & Earth technique so mostly everyone is powerless against him in reality.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Just gonna go ahead and say God of High School might be able to satiate your bloodlust although it's a story about Sun Wukong and not really Veritas-esque at all. Nice beatdowns/flipouts but usually less dramatic or dominating as in Veritas.

Also, GoHS is really good in terms of interesting characters, powers, and escalation of intensity.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FiftySeven posted:

I loving love The Breaker. Week after week it finds something to make me excited about. Its such a shame that it basically stands no chance of ever being animated.

This and God of High School!!! But yeah, the author made Shioon a character you just know has some crazy potential. How many times has he been underestimated in the last 10 chapters??

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Oh yeah there was a new breaker that features classic ragdoll shioon.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Just in time for the release of xenoverse

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
If you don't include god of high school that'd be a tragedy imo

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
God of high school really knows how to introduce characters and keep them relevant despite the power creep.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Actually god of high school is really good and knows how to use all of its characters forever while introducing millions of characters every week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure that with all the beings from even lower heavenly realms stopping by and with Jin Mori and Fox Mulder climbing through realms they're probably going to show up and kill everyone. Love seeing armless, legless man trying to beat up Zeus.