Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I just finished My Heart is Beating, and oh god all these tears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

special martial arts extreme hell private high school 10

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AtomikKrab posted:

Oh hey a new GoH

And it appears we have A SECOND USER OF RENEWAL STYLE

GoH's story doesn't innovate much, but I just have to love it so much because of how stylish the fighting is.

E: Which reminds me. Are there anymore webcomic type manhwa where stylish combat is a main focus? I've already caught up with most of the titles in the opening post like Special Martial Arts etc and Girls of the Wild.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 6, 2012

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

God of Highschool volume 2, chapter 58

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

So that's how they say Hello

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Two more God of Highschool chapters since the last update

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

pnumoman posted:

What chapter did the translations stop at? The actual comic is on hiatus at chapter 49 until November.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

In other not Breaker news, God of Highschool has gotten a recent development that really leaves a sour taste.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

AtomikKrab posted:

:confused: It seems fine to me.

God of Highschool has been steadily going away from stylishly drawn martial art battles to more "anime" superpower fights. The newest character doesn't even make discernible physical contact when fighting.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Yeah, I really really like GoHS. What's leaving a sour taste? Lu Buette v. Nine Tails was handled pretty well, IMO. And Jin Mori's rebuttal to the weaknesses of Renewal Taekwon was really awesome.

Jin Mori's last battle was actually awesome, but then it followed up with "I'm so fast / magical that I can hit this girl without even touching her."

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shugojin posted:

"Steadily going away from?" Do you not remember the giant, island-obliterating handprint in chapter one? :confused:

Yeah and then it was a great big block of people beating the poo poo out of each other with their fists and feet (+ sword).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

I went in expecting wacky shenanigans and heartwarming sences because of my friend and I left with depression.

But it ends on a bittersweet note

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DrSunshine posted:

And Space China Dress! That's a good happy funny Korean webcomic!

That will never get updated again.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Wolpertinger posted:

By complete coincidence I just found another manwha called Dice that has a surprisingly similar premise to The Gamer but takes it in a somewhat darker direction and may also end up turning out good.

Instead of just the main character having the ability to 'level up', anyone who is a player in the 'game' can do it - they're given 'quests' to do anonymously through their cellphones, which start off as doing innocent, simple things, but gradually becoming less and less reasonable or ethical in exchange for increasingly large numbers of 'dice'. When you do a task, you get a certain number of die, and you roll them to decide how much of some aspect of yourself will improve.

But, when these dice appear, they appear on the ground near you, and if someone else rolls them before you they become a player too and will start recieving 'quests'. At the beginning of the manga it's just one guy, then two, then three, but of course things go wrong and a large number of random kids at their high school get a die, and poo poo starts to really hit the fan. Essentially, offering a bunch of teenagers beauty, strength, smarts, or whatever they could possibly want improved about themselves, and all they have to do is beat someone up, or steal something or start a fire, or lie to someone - and then make them compete for the same tasks.

It's still pretty new but I could see this becoming interesting, too.

Kind of irrelevant, but what's up with Batoto playing music in the background nowadays?

E: oh apparently it's actually part of the comic itself? That's pretty interesting.

EE: oh wow, the music is actually really great. The only negative thing is that everyone is obviously going to have different reading speeds so the musical cues get kind of jumbled...

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 22, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chapter 14 of God of Bath comes with a pretty nice revelation at the end.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shaded Spriter posted:

Ryan Estrada (a comic artist living in Korea currently but I don't think any of his works count for thread.) just posted a list/review of movies based off Webtoons here.

"The Webtoon" seems especially amusing out of them.

When can we expect to see a 500 episode TV series based on Tower of God along with 20 accompanying movies?

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 10, 2013

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Freaksaus posted:

I stumbled upon a manwha that's been running for a while called D.I.C.E. The premise feels a bit like The Gamer in that certain people called dicers are living an RPG kind of life. Thet get quests that give them dice and those dice can then be used to change their attributes like strength/agility but also their looks.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/D-I-C-E

Actually been keeping up with this since it first started, and it's honestly the closest I'm getting to relearning Korean because dear god the plot is going hard now. Scanlations are sort of updated, reading the music updates is such a huge pain, but so good.

E: I also love how (and this is probably all coincidental but still) there's just a ton of parallels to Tower of God that are starting to pop up. Considering how tight knit the webtoons community is, I have to wonder if it's all intentional.

EE: Oh holy poo poo season 1's finale. :siren:It's loving happening:siren:

EEE: I can't believe how invested I'm getting at with this story. Literally held my breath through that update.

EEEE: I hope to god that anyone out there who's reading DICE is making sure to get the BGM working alongside it too because that finale hit me so hard.

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 26, 2014

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Kaja Rainbow posted:

It might be that both're essentially comments on the competitiveness of Korean society (I've seen at least one other webtoon with a similar focus). I mean, I've heard competition for the best schools and jobs is pretty cutthroat.

Well the whole imagery of towers and becoming gods really seemed to be a deliberate jab at said other webtoon.

But really, I'm incredibly hyped over what's to come in the second season. The characters may be a bit anime as gently caress, but the story has just completely entranced me from start to current.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

yo i dont care about all that plot business, all i know is that those musical updates are hella hype man

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Has anyone heard of any news on Dr. Frost? Last I heard the most recent scanlation said it was slated to actually get a live action drama and then the scanlations stop at that point.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i just skimmed through the last 3 or so pages and didn't see it mentioned but drat did anyone catch Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint before scanlations got shut down because it was like the super edgy cocky as gently caress edge of Solo Leveling except way better presented and fun concept, and also the two main characters are hotter than the main character from SL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i speak merely in comparison to its very close counterpart of solo leveling when i say it's so much better than the latter

e: but also what else has been new and popular in this line of webtoons recently? i read solo leveling and hardcore leveling hero but was wondering if there were any others that are new