Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Girls of the Wilds 37

I can't wait until the tournament actually starts. Song's actually pretty crazy if he puts his mind to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Brueballs Lee is the best teacher.

e: best set of pages starting right here

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 20, 2012

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
God of Highschool 59

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Nasgate posted:

I just read what Kissmanga has of 3 Level Combination

This is the first of anything I've read to get me to cry so quickly :smith:

A lot of the works by this guy made me tear up, like My Heart is Beating and Annarasumanara :smith:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I didn't heed the warnings about Can't See, Can't Hear But Love and marathoned a bunch of chapters at a time. Eventually, I had to stop because my poor heart couldn't take it anymore. :qq:

Luckily though I found a neat little manhwa to cure the depression! Nineteen, Twenty-One is one of the most cute and beautiful stories I've seen to date. It focuses on a girl learning to cope with her accident by taking care of stray cats with the help of a boy she meets. I'd say it's 2/3ds about caring for stray cats and 1/3 about romance. The art is by the person who does Girls of the Wild's, by the way.

Can anyone else suggest other manhwas like this? Most of the other ones I know of lean more towards action, so I'd prefer some relaxed stories. Along with Nineteen, Twenty-One, I guess Dear, Only You Don't Know also fits into this category.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The Gamer Ch. 12

More of a set-up chapter, but I'm excited to see what happens next week.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Fastest training arc ever. :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Captain Invictus posted:

Wow, I didn't think anyone else in this thread was reading Cheese in the Trap.

Unfortunately, outside of actual manga rather than manwha, I can't think of any, sorry!

Here's one other person! I actually started reading Cheese in the Trap when only ~25 chapters were translated, but then I lost track of it for awhile. Your posts about it were a great reminder for me.

As for district 12's question: I haven't encountered another manhwa similar to Cheese in the Trap's setting, but here are a few slice of life ones I've enjoyed. I'm terrible at describing, but I'll try anyway. :shobon:

Pinocchio is a story about a girl who picks up a mysterious pendant one day and encounters a ghost. But instead of focusing only on the supernatural aspects, it mainly deals with how they go about their daily lives. Some points I like about it: the artist does a similar thing to Cheese in the Trap where the art goes from detailed faces to those extremely simplified, abstract ones. I think the characters are endearing too.

Nineteen-Twenty One is short but amazing. It centers around two young adults who at first meet because of their shared love of cats, but their relationship evolves into a story about friendship and romance. The art's superb, and it's really relaxing to read.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
New chapter of The Gamer, in which all the stat allocation discussion is (somewhat) answered.

Those reaction faces at the end were glorious. :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The Gamer 20

Further evidence that Han Jee Han's ability is too OP. I was expecting a brawl for the loot drops, but I guess this party is actually respectable. :v:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

khy posted:

Count me in for this one as well. Started it after reading previous people's comments, now I'm hooked.

How often do new chapters release?

It's released weekly on Fridays. :)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The Children's Teacher Mr. Kwon has recently been updated (46).

There have been some serious events the past few chapters, and it's getting more and more :smith: with each update. So good.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Aw, is Dr. Frost not included in the line-up? I heard that it was going to be picked up by Naver earlier in the year but I guess not.

I need my dose of psychology drama. :negative:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
It turns out Family Man is by the same author who did Nowhere Boy. I remember seeing some references to it in Nowhere Boy, but man am I enjoying Family Man a lot more. It hits the right notes more often with a good mix of sentimentality and drama. Even though it involves a lot of heartbreak, I just can't resist stories involving parents struggling to support their kids... now where are my updates of The Children's Teacher Mr. Kwon? :smith:

Other webtoons I found myself reading were Midnight Rhapsody and I don't want this kind of hero. They're both on the lighthearted side, although Midnight Rhapsody involves short individual comics instead of an actual story.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
For anyone who's interested, the last few chapters of Can't See, Can't Hear But Love were finally translated.

I've only read one of the new releases so far and stopped there; it's been awhile since I last read it, so I don't remember much of what happened. I'm planning on rereading all of the chapters consecutively once I have the time. :smithicide:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Rounding out the shoujo/romance webtoons category with a few title suggestions:

Salty Studio by omyo, the same author of Stories of Those Around Me
Pinocchio which recently finished
Nineteen Twenty-One, a short but cute series with cats :3:
Dear, Only You Don't Know

Easy Going Scans has a pretty good catalogue, although Naver's English website isn't bad.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
A recent manhwa that I really like so far is Lucid Dream. It's somewhat similar to Inception in that what happens in the dream world can affect the real world, but the protagonist is the exact opposite of Leonardo DiCaprio.

On second thought, they're not similar at all. :v: The artist sometimes plays around with the panel layout and backgrounds, and the resulting dreamscape looks pretty cool. I get a little bit of Annarasumanara vibes from it honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Everything Burrito posted:

Kind of Confidential looks like it's going to be really cute!

Thanks for the rec! It does seem cute, and I also enjoyed the musical accompaniment :3: