Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, that was a good punch line. I forgot about contracts, considering they have only been brought up a few times but never shown or elaborated on.

Where are contracts mentioned in the first place? I must have glossed over that. Clearly Rai has a contract with Frankenstein (or so it seems to me anyway) but do we know any of the details about what this means?

MayLanh posted:

Noblesse chapter 232
LOL... The author seems to indulge my whim... Franky being the devil... While Rai is the source of all Noble's power...

The very basic that Rai and Franky exist for each other

Wait, where has it ever been said/implied that Rai is the source of all the Nobles' power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
The Breaker New Waves: 68

The elder of the Sunwoo clan continues to be utterly 100% awesome since he has come around. I hope that Shioon either avoids this guy with some bad rear end 9-arts dragon foot techniques or even possibly gets a shot in on him.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tiramisu posted:

Newest Breaker

I really doubt Shi-oon would be able to do anything to this guy in a fight. In the spirit training that prodigy was destroying him with a glance and even he's intimidated by the new guy.

Oh definitely but if he has been working on his foot techniques he really only has to dodge him for a split second before the Elder stomps him. There's also the other retainer standing near him who is pretty bad rear end. Of course this probably means he won't avoid him because if he does I don't see how these guys make it out alive.

I really just want Shioon to be fully recovered, trained by the Sunwoo/Nine Arts Dragon's videos, and said Nine Arts Dragon to show back up already.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. Great chapter just to learn what is going on finally, very :smith: though.

This sucks, I think we all suspected that Rai was more or less dying but still. I guess the story would be kind of boring if Rai had no drawbacks on his power though. I wonder how the Noblesse is replaced... seems like Rai might be the original one and with no soul weapon...?

Also I'd love to see the flash back to the attempted assassination of Rai. Must have been most of the traitor clan leaders to have forced him to expend so much power.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 05:04 on May 16, 2012

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New The Breaker: New Waves. Haha that poor guy, he's always getting the short end of the stick with whatever crazy plots he comes up with. Hopefully this wonder drug has now fixed Shioon's ki center so we can get back to the story. I love Sera, she's the best character in the story right now.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

pnumoman posted:

Naw, I'm guessing that this is gonna be the critical moment for his ki to come back; as in, the hulking out technique goes haywire or something because of his blocked ki and just restores his ki to normal or some poo poo. Whether I'm right or not, I think we're way overdue for the main guy to actually beat the poo poo out of someone.

He beat Coolguy not too long ago which then led to some of the greatest scenes so far when the Sun-woo Elder went nuts. But yeah, it is about time his ki center gets fixed because this is getting ridiculous. Between the Black Heaven and Earth technique and the crazy drugs he's been on hopefully this is it. Then we can get some intense training arcs and ultimately back to the Nine Arts Dragon.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Jackard posted:

That poo poo is still a thing? Glad I dropped it earlier.

Well he got these magic pills that gave him the ability to use ki but his ki center is still broken. So about half way through he started to be able to use martial arts again, a step in the right direction anyway.

The original series was kind of slow too but it still enjoyable to me. Nothing will ever compare to Veritas though... I wish that had gotten continued.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse after the month break. Looks like we're getting a pretty cool flashback here. The Lord definitely forces Frankenstein to become Rai's servant, that's what the Lord will decide his fate/punishment is. I really like the Lord, his character is the best, and he'll give Rai a friend so he won't be so dour all the time.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

lil baby anime posted:

Two new chapters of noblesse have come out since it was last mentioned in here

More of the Frankenstein flashback and it's drat good

Yeah I kind of figured no one else was really reading this but me so I stopped posting it. Any flashbacks about Rai, the Lord, Frankenstein, and the betrayal are all more or less A-ok with me. I'm still predicting that the Lord decides Frankenstein's fate is to serve Rai so that Rai will have a friend. Not sure how it is enforced or why Frankenstein is so devoted but I bet that is how it starts.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
In case anyone is wondering The Breaker: New Waves is on a break until August 17th. The author just had his second child apparently.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Gearhead posted:

On a related note, thanks for reminding me that Vertias II is still not coming :sigh:

Now I am sad too. Veritas really was awesome and the next story arc could have been amazing.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 256. This chapter was excellent. If anyone hasn't been following it recently, the plot is about to get moving soon.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 259

I just love how Frankenstein got hit and then as if it was an after thought finished the 11th elder. I know Frankenstein and Rei are basically planning to declare war on the Union so hopefully these elders actually start dying.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 260. Rai is about to disappear some dudes. Don't mess with humans in front of him.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Breaker: New Waves 99

Honestly I'm getting sick of the SUC. This whole we setup a trap, no we setup a trap, Sunwoo are are here we're saved, actually that was a trap too! bit is starting to get annoying. I hope Sera/Sunwoo elders were expecting this and counted on Shinwoo being able to survive long enough on his own to setup this final FINAL encounter.

Hopefully Jini's grandfather (head elder guy), Sera and her crew, and literally everyone show up to trounce the SUC and discover that that other clan (the names in this manhwa are hard to remember) are the ones pulling the strings. Then maybe we can start to resolve the story and get Nine Arts back into the actual story.

Also let's get the ki-center permanently fixed already.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I just hope the Sunwoo clan decides to stop loving around. The SUC need to end so we can get back to 9 Arts and the Black Forest Defense group.

The leader of BFD was the one who had the main female protagonist shot in the original series (right?), the guy fixing Shiwoon is going to revive her as well, and I really just want to get back to that story.

I really just want 9 Arts to come back to Korea, help finish this SUC plot (or show up after it finishes), find out that the chick is back alive and that it was the BFD guy who had her shot, reconnect with Shiwoon, and then just have the climax of 9 Arts and Shiwoon killing everyone.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 4, 2013

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
No Breaker:NW this week but next week will be 24 pages of non stop action apparently.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 269 is out. I have to say Frankenstein might be the greatest character in any manga/manhwa I've read. The only thing that trumps Frankenstein is Rai in terms of sheer badassness but he is sort of a Dues Ex Machina. I can't wait for this series to deliver on all of its promise.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I don't think the Extreme Plateau is really about the ki center, but I'm not sure. I think it is more similar to the Black Heaven and Earth technique from what I'm seeing. I don't think the bald dude's master broke his ki center, just knocked him unconscious so he could prevent his student from following him into hiding. What it is showing is that the bald guy and 9Arts/Shioon are in almost exactly the same situation. The Murim wanted a technique from them and they refused to provide it and their masters ended up killing themselves/going into hiding which led them to hate the Murim. The bald guy and 9Arts are fighting the Murim and Shioon is sort of in a weird spot but I'm sure his solution would attempt to be peaceful because that's always been his shtick.

Edit: Bald guy's master is actually Un-Wol who was 9Arts' master too. Bald guy got trained before Un-Wol is exiled and then 9Arts gets trained while he is exiled, I assume it is then the same exact technique. Actually though bald guy wasn't taught the final part where as 9Arts and Shioon were.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 8, 2013

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tornhelm posted:

Anyone else hoping that Frankenstein takes him in as his protege? I could see those two doing terrible things together and it would be absolutely wonderful.

Who the little bad guy kid?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Elysiume posted:

I don't think it would turn out well for him if he tried. It all but said that he was doing to die trying to kill that guy.

I just hope that this doesn't gently caress up his ki center because I have a soft spot for ridiculously powerful protagonists.

They need to end that story arc. If these last few chapters set Shiwoon back on the ki center recovery I will be moderately annoyed. I think I would just stop reading weekly until someone told me he was 100% fixed because come on.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 274 is out. Mostly speculation but a few references to the current chapter so...this is getting pretty interesting but I really just want to see Rai go out in his blaze of glory. My predictions are as follows: Frankenstein will get possessed by the dark spear/go berserk again like he did against the Kertia clan leader and kill at least one of the Union elders. I'm guessing it will most likely be the silly robot one (or 6th elder/new guy). Frankenstein starts to go super crazy. At this point Rai will show up, recall Frankenstein and chide him for returning to his 'old ways' and then waste the 6th elder for not knowing his place. The werewolf and noble elders will retreat because they aren't stupid. At this point we'll learn a little more about Rai and the incidents from 800+ years ago.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 277. For those of you that haven't been keeping up you might as well wait another week or so. The last few chapters have been a lot of pretty great action but the plot should start to move quickly now (for a bit anyway). I'm guessing the sixth elder (eye patch) is going to be wiped out pretty fast in the next chapter. I'm 50/50 on what the older noble will do, part of me thinks that his expression is just one of shock/fear and he knows it is absolutely time to go since he attempted to kill Rai with Roctis previously. The other part of me thinks that maybe Roctis tricked him into betraying the new Lord by lying about what happened to Rai.

We still haven't gotten the details as to what happened there but it had to have been at least two elders attacking Rai and it seems Roctis was definitely one. Hopefully we find out some of the details around the attack on Rai and the betrayal of the Lord.

Either way I am pretty excited for next week.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

lil baby anime posted:

New Noblesse! Chapter 278

Shiiiiiiiiiiit a blood field gets destroyed for the first time but it's no biggie. Rai's just gonna pull another power out of his rear end. Next week's gonna be so good.

Rai with those blood wings and the tear on his cheek is a sweet character design. I really hope neither of the former clan leaders survives. There are still quite a few Union Elders left including the most interesting ones: Roctis, Crombell, and Werewolf chick (plus three other traitor clan leaders?). Part of my hopes that Rai can EAT these two and regain some of his health, of course a healthy Rai essentially invalidates the remaining part of the story.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Noblesse 279 raw is out... and holy poo poo. We're getting some DBZ level of power displays but this is going to put Rai on his deathbed.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Bernardo Orel posted:

Breaker 114 :black101: Finally a fight that will last more than one panel :v:

Breaker: NW has really hit its stride now that the ki center bit is resolved forever (hopefully). I hope Shi-Woon mangles this dude pretty bad (in a good fight though), he definitely has it coming, assuming I'm remembering correctly, because this is the same government agent that had Shi-Ho sniped/assassinated in order to drive 9Arts to destroy the Murim. My predictions for the resolution of the island arc: Shi-Woon destroys this dude, the doctor who is one of the top ten of the Murim shows up, he will save the agent and try to capture Shi-Woon, Shi-Woon manages to hold him off for a bit but is going to lose, Elder Kwon/the Sunwoo show up and Elder Kwon wrecks the doctor, the agent escapes to continue his evil schemes and so that he can get his ultimate comeuppance from 9Arts.

I think this will be the tie in to get 9Arts back into the story. I hope Shi-Woon finds out the agent was involved in Shi-Ho's "death" (as she'll be coming back as a zombie in a bit) and this is going to be the driver for when 9Arts and Shi-Woon reconnect. 9Arts is on his way back to Korea to destroy the Murim (or take over Seoul or something) so hopefully we get the SUC (including the elders from that other clan) and the BFD Group story lines all intertwined after this island arc finishes. Then we'll obviously have Shi-Woon appeal to 9Arts as his disciple and tell him about the government killing Sae-Hee which will realign all of our protagonists to the same side.

Lots of words about comics! I need to get outside more.

Lyon fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 26, 2013

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Breaky posted:

Crossposting this from the "Convince someone to read a manga with one image" thread:

Attaque.

Manhwa, actually about fencing. Kinda neat vibe so far as the original main character seems like a completely evil piece of poo poo but the antagonist seems to be someone good who turns into an rear end in a top hat as well. Interested to see where it's going.

Right now it's decent, but at only 22 chapters it's still hard to tell if it's going to continue to get more interesting or just be dumb and predictable. I'd give it a read, it goes fast.

I read the first 5-10 chapters of this and could not get into it. The main character had no redeeming qualities as far as I was concerned. I kept waiting for it but... nothing.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Can someone sum up what is going on in God of Highschool? I must have missed some chapters somewhere because I have no clue what is going on in the fight between the two organizations but that last bit in this chapter was pretty cool.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Blinks77 posted:

God of High School continues to be pretty fun to read... if being completely insane.

Yeah, I have no clue what the hell is going on at all. I don't get the gods, the key, or what Jin Morie was/is becoming. I guess they haven't really explained it yet and we're supposed to infer from the story but what?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
My favorite part was the weird moon base and graffiti on the moon. That picture is great. It almost looks like the giant pole originated from that scaffolding but I'm assuming that was just for perspective so we would know how huge the pole was?

It appears that Jin Mo-ri is/was the leader of the opposition to the "Gods". What I'm confused about is why the little white angel looking dudes turned on the kid who ate the key, I thought those guys were aligned with the main bad guy and I thought said main bad guy was okay with the kid eating the key?

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

The last 5 chapters have ended with or featured Shioon in the middle of several pursuers with at least half of them laying on the floor. We never really got to see 9 Arts Dragon fight cuz everyone was afraid of him. This is loving awesome.

I would go reread The Breaker, I think you're forgetting quite a bit. 9 Arts destroys that one guy with the "iron hands" (also the guy rigged a bomb) who wanted revenge for his master, he takes on 3 or so of 10 Masters, and then he goes into the Murim HQ building and fights an entire sky scraper full of people. He also ruins a couple of people to prove his points.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Sarcophallus posted:

I'm loving how completely over the top this manhwa's become. If there was a story at any point, I've completely missed it, but it's still great.

This is my take on it... The whole point of the God of High School was so that the "good guy" organization that organized the tournament could find the Key. I think they planned to use the Key to defeat the "bad guy" organization who were the priests of those "gods" whose goals and motivations we don't really understand. Those gods could be good but their priests seem to be pretty evil/crazy so they're probably evil too.

As we saw the Key ate/absorbed the "gods" (not sure if those are the official gods or more like angels hence the quotes) which would have allowed the "good guys" to triumph over the "bad guys".

Unfortunately the Key was eaten by a crazy guy and he would have done crazy things and become a crazy god himself. Luckily Jin Mo-ri happens to be the Monkey King and has the power to defeat all these "gods" and the Key because he is a god in the flesh.

I think Jin Mo-Ri's grandfather knew this ahead of time and sort of setup Jin Mo-Ri as a backup plan. He clearly knew both organizations even though he remained neutral and was also one of the most powerful humans involved in this fight.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Rainbow Pony Deluxe posted:

Honestly this is such a big payoff because of how boring the beginning of New Waves was. All the waiting and having to get saved so much is part of why Shioon is crazy as poo poo right now.

This page gave me chills: http://www.mangapanda.com/the-breaker-new-waves/118/15

The artist did a fantastic job on that page. If you go back and look at Breaker the pulled back hair style Shioon has because of his hands is almost exactly how 9 Arts Dragon used to wear his hair. He probably also played with the facial lines a bit but my memory isn't that good.

I'm worried about this duel now because when the Sunwoo elders arrive they won't be able to interfere (I'm guessing), hopefully someone in the next chapter gives an info dump on what exactly the protocol for a Murim duel is. I don't remember it being covered earlier but maybe it was when he fought laughing sword or even that other kid clan leader back in Breaker.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Tornhelm posted:

How has nobody mentioned Ability yet? I had to learn about it from the hiatus note at the end of Noblesse, and if they're putting two manwhas this quality out on a weekly basis, no wonder they needed to take a break.

It has been mentioned briefly in here I believe, but only a post or two. Also to expand upon Tornhelm's post, Noblesse and Ability will both be on hiatus for six weeks.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I love the Sunwoo clan and the elder. Ever since chapter 55 or so when he saved Shioon and we saw his flashback. The two pages with, "block the helicopter! Uh we can't sir. Why not? There is more than one helicopter." And then the spread with all the helicopters. This comic has been kickin' rad lately.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Bernardo Orel posted:

Breaker New Waves 126 Helicopter diving, the favourite pastime of people in Korea :v:

Shioon has been a super bad rear end lately. It was fairly predictable but the duel between the Elder and the Doctor is going to end when Shioon regains his consciousness and astounds everyone (like he always does). Still going to be bad rear end though.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Noblesse. Still on the back story of Frankenstein, Rai, The Lord, and the traitors before the betrayal. Seeing that last panel I really wish that the Lord and Rai were showing up to stomp the traitors.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh hey, guess who else had a habit of pushing back his hair like that.

Yeah there have been a lot of artistic call backs to 9-Arts in the recent chapters. Now that Shioon's ki center is fixed (and apparently better than ever, perhaps even into legendary status.) I hope we can immediately get back to the main story. This arc was ridiculously awesome but I want Shioon to finish putting a beating on the SUC, the assholes in the Murim, and confront 9-Arts all while turning Sunwoo into the #1 rear end kicking clan again.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
New Kubera. The chaos priestess is pretty bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Bernardo Orel posted:

I don't think she stands a chance against them. Hopefully Yuta will come and then rip and tear everything to pieces. I mean given his current state I don't think he will think twice about what to do :unsmigghh:

I took the implication to be that Ghandharva will make his decision and end up siding with her. I think Ghandharva will be as weak or as strong as the author wants, so if the priestess is going to live Ghandharva will be able to defeat the other Sura.