Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
My grandma's house has radiant heat for the entire ground floor, and for whatever reason, each of the laminate tiles in the kitchen that get regularly wet (ie in front of the sink, dishwasher, and the drawer-freezer style fridge) appear to have shrunk and become "crispy", which is probably curling edges. The rest of the downstairs, all the same laminate except for the ceramic tiled bathroom, has no problems. The entryway gets occasional wet foot traffic but that's apparently not enough water to do any damage.

tldr: anecdotally I don't think laminate is a good idea on top of radiant in regularly-wet areas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
The one thing that bothers me about radiant is actually the warm feet thing. It's creepy, like walking on a huge animal. Uncarpeted sections are even weirder, like a floor of feverish skin. It makes upholstered furniture warm inside too, which is weird for the same odd reasons.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Well, you remember back when he had what he thought were raccoons in the ceiling?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Beach Bum posted:

Why is it these sites never have a "How it works" page? I don't wanna buy it but I drat sure want to see what makes it tick.

I agree with you, that poo poo's the worst, but I found it for this thing:

http://nailkicker.com/pages/nail-kicker-v20-2

Scroll down to "Versatile". Basically it's an air chisel with a special tip. It pushes nails out.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
I like the spall of fireball to the lower right, it's like your inferno is havin' a baby.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Second floor? Oh, you mean a 'hurricane snack'.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Oh jesus, he's moved into Round Two of tear out and replace.

Fifty years from now that house will be an enormous lumbering beast powered by old 4.0s that endlessly roams the New England hinterlands in search of a mate. Travelers will whisper tales of a moving lighthouse spotted out in the fogs, accompanied by vague impressions of metallic squeals and rhythmic crunching. Bits of RVs and twists of romex will sometimes be found at the center of inexplicable clearings in the deep woods, deposited in sticky caches beneath the loam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Just mount a false plate next to each one to even it out.