Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Kastein, you've got a really interesting thread. How do you keep track of your plans for the house? Any software package, or are you just going through section by section?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Jesus, that's scary-looking, but congratulations on getting the window in without becoming a statistic in an OSHA report.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dagen H posted:

Structural adhesive, spax screws every 3 inches.

Nailer on full auto

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Motronic posted:

Two stories of sawdust and rot held up by 100 years of paint.

New title spotted

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kastein posted:

According to weight estimates, since it's ultralight drywall, it should be around 3200lb in that picture. Yeah, I was drat sore the next day.

Erryday leg day
You're doing an amazing job with the house, I wish I had a tenth of your skill and resolve

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

kastein posted:

The house likely won't be over 600sqft total out there and will be at least this well insulated, but the barn is gonna be freakin' huge, and likely not as well insulated, so I figured 140k btu might be about right for it, or at least closer.

Build the barn big enough to build the house inside it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

H110Hawk posted:

If you build a house from the ground up without one your priorities are in the wrong place. Even if you just run the pvc+wire everywhere and buy the unit later.

I'm curious: do you have vacuum ports in each room for central vac, or do you have a single area vacuum port, or is it just a design issue?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Doctor Londom posted:

I can't remember the name but it was the guy who also converted a Massey-Harris tractor to electric.

Edit: misread. I thought you were looking for a homestead build on here.

I think it was Slung Blade that did that neat tractor conversion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
That's a very nice job. I'm ignorant, how are you attaching the balusters to the stair and the railing? Glue?