Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

sorta like this. Love working in a 60 year old building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

oscillating tools are the best thing in the world. Should make your life easier.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

kastein posted:

Thanks :haw: I try to build everything as strong as I possibly can.

I did buy a handful of simpson strong-tie brackets for those but decided against using them. Still debating popping the sheathing off to put them in, though I'm pretty sure a grand total of two dozen 3.5" hardened structural screws and 4 2x4s will hold a bay window up just fine.

These days my secret is not having pictures taken. My metabolism has dropped significantly in the last few years and I need to lose a little weight. Fortunately, it's comfortable construction/junkyarding weather and will be for at least another month or so...

You've just over-engineered your internal Insulation

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Any asbestos though?

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Blistex posted:

If you had to come up with a number, what percent of the wood in your house (before you started working) was structurally sound?

It would have to be a negative number.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

In-Penetrable Exterior?

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Great to see an update, I missed the thread

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Please do post some photos of the tree planting, if it's not too much work to get them.

Can you please also do it if it's a bunch of work?

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

How hosed do they get with cat puke?

That being said, having a 23 year old cat this may not be a long term issue.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Wow, looks great, someones going to enjoy that deck.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

kastein posted:

That's what she said.

Classic

https://youtu.be/tbazGVrbN-g

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm fully convinced the house held up because if it fell down it would be less work for kastein to fix.

Only thing holding it up was spite

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Looking like a real house now!

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

This is going to be a very nice home for someone Kastein

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

So close!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU