Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Perhaps you want to reconsider your rake walls framing, it looks a little non-standard.
Here's some relevant wisdom from Larry Haun in glorious VHS style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSRbWbSsA5I&t=353s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
As a fan of Legos and German engineering I always wanted to try using the Kerdi line for building bathrooms:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zcjSeh5RiQ

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I've read somewhere about using a length of plastic pipe with water running thru it to "drill" a hole for ground electrode. You probably have access to heavy pounding equipment instead, but it's a neat homemade trick.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
I don't mean make a foot wide hole in the ground and toss the rod in there. The idea is closer to pre-drilling a hole for a screw, slightly smaller in diameter than the rod. Rotary hammer is nice, but hardly a common household toolbox item.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Motronic posted:

I would fail the poo poo out of basically everything in that picture. I'm actually looking around my garage for a stop work order card right now.

I'm actually kinda curious as to what goes inside house inspector's mind. Would you highlight some things in the picture?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

Motronic posted:

Let's take a look at the windows. There's no king stud and an inadequate header that's fastened wrong.

Then we have the gigantic WTF of all of the plumbing and electrical being on the OUTSIDE of the wall. Exactly how and with what is that going to be covered? Where is it going to be attached?

Do you mean jack stud on the window? And what exactly is wrong with the header, looks fine to me.

The spacing is all weird, perhaps it's a double frame outside wall?

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
So you're suppose to have two full length studs and a trimmer on each side of the window?

And it doesn't look toe nailed to me, those are just nails used to hold assembled header together, unless they also toenailed it into something in the middle of the header.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
But there are a king and a jack stud in the picture, at least if we are talking about the window on the right. Their studs are just skinny, took me a while to see the trimmer is there.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

dreesemonkey posted:

Have you considered buying some used scaffolding and reselling it when you're done?

Or find he dirtiest looking rental place for scaffolding. It's surprisingly cheap to get for a month or so, like single digit dollars per individual piece. Most of the places will drop off and pick it up for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Eight quarter turn latches pfft. This hatch should be opened with four different puzzles located throughout the house Mist style.