Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How do I identify these keys? There is an antique mall in town and one of the dealers has hundreds of old rear end keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

The figure 8 in the handle, Corbin and Sxx stamped in are the best way. I would love some S24s or S6s if you find them but no obligation. E: the third pic in my last post is the best for this. S22s work too but I would prefer 24 or 6.

I go antiquing with my mom about once a month so I will dig through the key boxes next time we go there. Maybe I'll get lucky!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm guessing that that second stringer was done by someone who made an out-of-square template and just blindly used it, and if they did realize how bad it was their attitude was "gently caress it, I'm not doing all that work again".

Huh, I didn't know that Radium was a carpenter on the side.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Structural shingles?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you also own the hangar or is it a shared rental sort of thing?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sharkytm posted:

:lol: this is totally true. Most home buyers are easily influenced by smells, fresh flowers, and clean, nicely arranged furniture. Higher end places often rent furniture for showings. Agents often bake cookies to make the house smell nice. And that poo poo works.

We moved a ton of our poo poo to storage for our sale and our realtor staged what we left. We also burned candles for 48 hours prior and it smelled wonderful. Not that it stunk but we have cats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"not much"

jesus christ dude. All this and you're moving to the other side of the continent.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Those baseboards are hot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is unreal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jink posted:

I cannot believe it looks like a house.

I'm offended honestly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In my head I always thought you lived like 40 miles from any other living soul.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He'd probably make more stripping the house for parts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's left then?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maxwells Demon posted:

Now you can polish your turds at home!

New thread title

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Amazing.

I feel you on the pain, I did a room for my sister and I limped for 3 days. I genuinely wish I lived close to where you're moving as I'd love to spend some time helping you on your next project.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Not only that, the loving glue costs half as much as the flooring! I mean it's pretty thick durable stuff but drat. I think I'll probably use engineered flooring in the next place.

I just got halfway through doing the conduit and junction box install for the lighting and outlets on the front porch, time to call it a night. No pics because it is oh-dark-thirty.

How long ago did you buy that flooring?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's all that stuff on the wall at the top of the stairs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's what I thought but he's previously shown them in the basement.