Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

kastein posted:

Houses are expensive :aaa:

House costs are ridiculous.

I've spent close to $10,000 finishing my basement so far, and that's all materials cost. I've done everything myself.

And that's trying to do things cheaply too. I got slate tiles as leftovers from a guy off Kijiji for $30 for about 45 sqft; my shower base and doors were bought from a wholesaler for $800, which is down from $1600 or some from HD or Lowes, and my wife and I use coupons for 20% off supplies whenever they come up.

$2000 for flooring, $1000 for wood and drywall, $1000 for electrical, $4000 for the bathroom ($800 shower, $200 under floor heating, $500 plumbing, $700 vanity/sink, $200 toilet, $500 tiles for floor and shower, $250 electrical and lights, $200 decor, etc)

Mind you, I've been buying nice things, and doing everything overkill, but it's still expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 2, 2004

I wish there was free dump day around here. I would take the day off work and empty my basement.

Oct 2, 2004

iv46vi posted:

I'm actually kinda curious as to what goes inside house inspector's mind. Would you highlight some things in the picture?

I think all the wiring and plumbing on the outside of the house is a pretty big flag.

Oct 2, 2004

kastein posted:

That's a very interesting idea, especially given the fact that I have a pickaxe and the old washing machine has it coming.

That sounds like the best solution right there.

Oct 2, 2004

Sir Cornelius posted:

That's a really wimpy girl-crowbar

The gloves are off